Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #16
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
hhhmmm, i'll admit....I wasn't expecting this

same but at least we have a decent back up fir dirk. Croshere does get rebounds.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #17
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

You know what, I'm actually happy for Marquis. He showed flashes of being a very good player, but he just isn't a good fit/used well in the Mavs system. As much as I wanted him in Dallas, I'm glad he is getting a better opportunity now. Dallas now gets a spot up shooter that it desperately needs
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #18
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/?nl

my god i HATE this deal

WTF? Is this one of those fake articles, god I hope so for the Mavs sakes. This deal makes no sense for the Mavs, unless they wanted to dump Daniels, but besides, you could get a much better player for Daniles.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #19
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

I would've thought Marquis was worth more than that. Just have to trust Donnie and Avery know what they are doing.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #20
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

DAllas had better have something else going on b/c this sucks.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #21
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Weird deal.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #22
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

They did get an experir for a 4 yr deal. So maybe Cuban is trying to open up some money for next yr so he can get a FA. Plus they drafted Daniels replacement.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #23
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

this trade aint bad at all. Dallas has always been lookin to have a big guy to stretch the floor against soft teams so that dirk can drive and also to stretch the defense when Dirk's on the floor... and it turns out Van Horn in fact sucks. Croshere doesn't. He's a good player. Hits open shots, plays hard, can even slash a little, plays hard, and rebounds. And he never misses FTs.

I'm guessing they simply couldn't find another deal and want a one year rental of KVH... or, they're looking to package that expirer in a deal for a serious player.

Plus, with cap space or a huge pair of expiring deal, they can actually look to sign some star. Paul Pierce?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #24
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
They're clearing up cap space to sign Vince Carter or Paul Pierce come next summer and I'm not kidding.

First off, Terry/Dirk/Dampier must make atleast 35 million dollars all together, not to mention resigning Howard.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #25
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Is that all Quis was worth? I thought they'd be able to get more for him.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #26
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
First off, Terry/Dirk/Dampier must make atleast 35 million dollars all together, not to mention resigning Howard.

So you won't give up Howard for a chance at Paul Pierce or Vince Carter?
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #27
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

More like 31 mil if Terry's new deal starts at 8 mil.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #28
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

I actually like the deal for the mavs after reading some of your input. They can do more with the cap space signing a big player next year with Croshere and Stack expiring than they could with Daniels as a player.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:31 PM   #29
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

GREAT trade for indy
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #30
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Is Dallas really still paying Finley?

After this year (according to that link), Dallas owes:

17M for Finley
16M for Dirk
10M for Dampier
4M for Harris
2M for Bradley (he's still on the payroll?)
2M for Diop

And Josh Howard is a restricted Free Agent.

Terry has a 6 year $50M deal. NBA deals are usually back loaded. So that's about 6 or 7M for Terry at the end of the season.

What's the current cap?

Edit: The Current cap is about $55 Million.

If Dallas is paying for Finley, they will still be over the cap after this season.

Last edited by SixerFan03 : 07-05-2006 at 10:45 PM.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: