Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 05-22-2007, 07:13 AM   #301
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How Do You Place That Tagline Underneath Your Name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx4ever
How do you edit that tagline underneath your name? Like mine's "can barely lace up my sneakers".. HOW DO U EDIT THAT??

Learn to lace up your sneakers.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:33 AM   #302
Cavsfan
Banned

Cavsfan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How Do You Place That Tagline Underneath Your Name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
Learn to lace up your sneakers.

STOP SPAMMING OUR THREAD
Cavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:44 AM   #303
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Conf Finals: Pistons-Cavs Game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Did anybody read the crap Sheridan wrote on the Daily Dime...

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Should LeBron James have thrown that pass to Donyell Marshall? Or should he have attacked the basket? If you have a water cooler in your office, go over and grab a drink and ask the guy who's standing there. Go ahead, do it. Doesn't matter where your office is, there's a guy over there by the water cooler dying to discuss this very issue. He's waiting for you.

Uh, nobody is watching.

Marshall couldn't have been any more wide open on the 3-point attempt from the right corner with 5.9 seconds left, so you can hardly fault James for getting him the ball. Right?

Well, maybe you can.

Because at the moment James threw that pass, he was driving to his left and seemed like he might have been able to get around Tayshaun Prince and power to the basket, although Richard Hamilton was closing hard from one side and Rasheed Wallace was coming in from the other.

He might be getting around Prince, although Hamilton and Wallace (w/ 7 blocked shots) came in hard, for a triple team,yet it was wrong to pass to a wide open 3pt shooter, who made six in the last game.

"I go for the winning play," James said. "If two guys come at you and your teammate is open, then give it up. Simple as that."

Actually, it's not that simple, LeBron. Not when the eyes and the weight of the world are on you, and not when people expect otherworldly things out of you even though you're only 22.

Basketball is played 5 on 5, and the purpose is to win, not to try a circus shot to satisfy idiots. Very simple.

But again, we're talking about what might have been a game-winning assist from James, not a game-winning shot. It just sort of doesn't seem right, does it?

Hmm, I donīt know a game-winner is a game-winner, I guess you win the game. Of course that is only if we donīt take into a count, that a lay-up doesnīt count three points and it would be more like a game-tier.

Nice job - Sheridan is an idiot....NOT ONLY did he get the ball to a wide open player - and it was a nice pass too - but also, you go for the tie at home and the win on the road. Why? Because home team wins in OT.

If the refs were amking calls last night, LeB probably goes for the shot and expects the call - but since there were apparently no fouls last night, he couldn't take that chance.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:46 AM   #304
ezzy
see funk be funk

ezzy has an OK reputation so far

i'm 50/50 on that last shot. i understand where people want lebron to shoot it. kobe or carmello would NEVER pass right there. Jordan might, Magic would. lebron usually does the logical thing and passes out of a triple-team. occasionally he'll take a double-team to the rack but he can't score over 2-3 pistons like he can most other teams.

after all, this is the pistons, not the nets or wizards or even bulls. rasheed had like 7 blocks, lebron had ZERO free throw attempts, and donyell had a career game against the nets in the closeout game.

nothing wrong with going for the kill on the road. against any other defense, on any other night, i give lebron 50% chance of hitting that layup/dunk through 3 defenders and tying the game.

but if the coach says go for the win there's not all that much better than a wide open marshall in the corner as the clock expires. the cavs have won with that play before, and they ran it to perfection again.

just think.... marshall hits that shot...
lebron makes it happen, gets a triple double, shocks detroit and all the analysts, and steals homecourt and momentum.

but clank! ...... detroit up 1-0, lechoke lebronze lewhatever. and with ZERO FTA's the criers of FIX FIX FIX NIKE DAVID STERN are silenced one more night.
ezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:14 AM   #305
RADAR
Can barely lace up my sneakers

RADAR has an OK reputation so far

I'm gonna harp on this until good free-throw shooting WINS the Cavs a game.......
11 for 17: YOU GOTTA BE FU(KING KIDDING ME!
YOU LOSE BY TWO, PI$$-POOR FREE-THROW SHOOTING IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY.
I BET IF THE CAVS SHOOT 80%+ AND TAKE OVER 20 TIMES, THEY'LL WIN EVERY TIME.

RADAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #306
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

The play for Marshall's corner three was a SET PLAY during a time-out and I think LeBron had his mind made up to PASS the ball (regardless of how close or wide-open he was to the hoop). I think he should have read the situation better and realized that he had an open lay-up/dunk BEFORE deciding to pass. Crap happens and there's always Game 2.

Cavs better win tomorrow night because I don't see them taking 4 out of the next 5 games. Also I expect LeBron to bounce back BIG.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #307
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just because the score is close in Game 1 doesn't mean the teams are on an even level.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #308
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Game 2 discussion is here: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42664
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:03 AM   #309
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippos

SWEEP.

I wonder how this guy feels now
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:45 AM   #310
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
I wonder how this guy feels now
probably the same way the Cavs felt in the finals.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #311
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

As a Piston fan, I feel about the same as I'd think a New England fan feels this morning. Being a strong favorite and already looking beyond a team to the championship, only to be shocked and lose it. It's a tough feeling, but it reminds us all of the most important thing to remember in sports...

...There's always next year.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: