Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #1
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

scipio has an OK reputation so far
Default Croshere for Daniels

I like this trade. Croshere was always overpaid, and he's been declining for the last couple of seasons. Daniels has his best years ahead of him, and he fits well with the rest of our team. He plays good defense, so Carlisle should actually give him playing time. He also is a good ball handler, and the Pacers struggled at times last year with ball handling.

Does this mean Donnie and Larry are willing to let Fred Jones go, and possibly trade Stephen Jackson?

Also, it's interesting that they were able to get value back for Croshere. For a guy with such a burdensome contract, I would've thought they'd have to take back bad players.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:42 AM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

that move was amazing for the Pacers, i dont know how they pulled it off...I dont know what Dallas is going to do with Croshere, they have Dirk and Van Horn (which they cant get rid of because of his contract) at the PF position...i think this trade is perfect for indy, especially because they're lacking in the SG position...i do see a possible trade for Jackson now ...
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:35 AM   #3
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

van horn is an unrestricted free agent, so they needed a backup to dirk. And they drafted nba ready maurice ager so he can replace daniels. good for both sides, but if u guys resign fred jones ull have a logjam at the wings. Ull have jackson, jones, williams, granger, white, daniels.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #4
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

i think pacers already re-signed Fred Jones
Old 07-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #5
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

scipio has an OK reputation so far

As far as I know, the Pacers extended an offer to Fred, but I haven't heard anything about whether or not he accepted it. I'd imagine he'll wait until the big free agents have all signed and see what team will give him the most money.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #6
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

they gave him a qualifying offer to keep him a restricted free agent, but he hasn't signed yet.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #7
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Bulls fan here..damn you Pacers! That is a sweet deal for you guys. Daniels is nice! He can play the 2 or 3 and even bring the ball up every now and then. I wouldn't have minded him in a Bulls uniform. He should start right away and be a big part of the team. It seems that whenever the Pacers appear to be down and out, they make a deal like this. He fits their team better than Peja did. He can play D. Here's hoping you guys don't add any other quality pieces! lol
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #8
AndDru1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

AndDru1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Daniels Rules (from mavs fan)

He has the potential to be a great # 2 scorer to JO, better than Peja did anyways, I feel sorry for you guys, Ya'll don't draft to well, if Reggie was still on the team, even at his age he'd be your 2nd or 3rd best player, anyways I've seen Croshere play and he's nothing special but he'll fit into our system better than he did in Indiana. Well just thought I'd drop some knowledge on ya,

AndDru1
AndDru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #9
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDru1
He has the potential to be a great # 2 scorer to JO, better than Peja did anyways, I feel sorry for you guys, Ya'll don't draft to well, if Reggie was still on the team, even at his age he'd be your 2nd or 3rd best player, anyways I've seen Croshere play and he's nothing special but he'll fit into our system better than he did in Indiana. Well just thought I'd drop some knowledge on ya,

AndDru1
dont draft well?????? Pacers are known to have some of the best scouts...look at Granger, they picked him up 17th...look at the Rose and Best trade for Brad Miller and Artest, look at Dale Davis for JO (probably the most one-sided trade EVER)...ya, they probably dont have scouts as good as Dallas and San Antonio, but i think theyre top 5 in the league...
Old 07-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #10
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Post pacers

i wish reggie still played hed still be good....but yeah marquise is definetly who the pacers need i can see him and all his tattoos and lock-down d helpin the pacers the 2nd round of the playoffs,wut u think?

my dream pacers lineup

Wilcox
Randolph
Daniels
Reggie
Anthony Johnson

i think theyed seriously be contending..i dunno about pg but i mean the need a not so expensive guard, i mean i like aj better than jamaal tinsley who gets hurt and isnt really that good.
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:36 AM   #11
Pointguard01
I airball my layups

Pointguard01 has an OK reputation so far

^Please dont tell me you have IND trading ONeal for Zach Randolph?
Pointguard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:26 PM   #12
AndDru1

AndDru1 has an OK reputation so far
Default not exactly a good idea

LOL . Randolph for ONeal . That must be one of your scouts posting on here, JK.
AndDru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #13
The Real GM

The Real GM has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation

The Daniels/Croshere deal was good for both sides. Daniels gives the Pacers a guy with alot of talent, but will need legitimate minutes. Croshere is a better shooter then Van Horn and is an expiring contract. Dallas will pay the rest of Finley's original contract next year and has suddenly moved into a nice cap sitiuation than will enable them to sign Howard long term. Back to Indiana, they do not need Fred Jones back. They have too many wings who are similar. They are also in the process of acquiring Bonzi Wells via sign and trade for Jeff Foster and Saraunas Jasikevicus. Wells would fit the thug-like culture of this team, but I would rather give up Jackson than Foster. They have too many wings and they need a scrap-playing big man in Foster. This team should definately trade Tinsley and Jackson. If you pull this Bonzi deal,then it is unlikely they will get Al Harrington who I would try to get back. O'Neal for Randolph? Sure O'Neal is overpaid and injury plagued, but so is Randolph. O'Neal is a much better defender and clearly a better player. This team can still be a playoff team, but first round at best. They need a new pg, a shooter off the bench, and Harrington. This team's cap is getting better and should not waste money on Jones, who will get limited playing time. It was a good deal, but they should not be done re-modeling this team yet.
The Real GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #14
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real GM
They are also in the process of acquiring Bonzi Wells via sign and trade for Jeff Foster and Saraunas Jasikevicus. Wells would fit the thug-like culture of this team, but I would rather give up Jackson than Foster.
where did you hear that rumor?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: