Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2016, 01:50 PM   #1
AirBonner
Banned
 
AirBonner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,958
Default Avery Bradley is Joe Dumars

Both solid offensively and defensively. Ball handling fairly equal but the nod goes to Joe
AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:00 PM   #2
BigKAT
Our lord and saviour
 
BigKAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Holy Land
Posts: 2,915
Default Re: Avery Bradley is Joe Dumars

I like the celtics.
I really do.

Probably my favorite non-wolves team in the league right now.
(I just really enjoy watching home celtics games, I love the atmosphere.)

But I think that with all due respect to Bradley, that team needs to prove they can win. They looked much better with arguebly 2 of their best 3 players back in the fold (Crowder, Horford), but it's way too soon to know if this core is the one you do a title run with.

Bradley, in particular, will demand a big payday come free agency. It remains to be seen if Boston will be willing to open the wallet.
BigKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:44 PM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 39,411
Default Re: Avery Bradley is Joe Dumars

The Celtics backcourt consists of.

Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumas. Very similar to the Detroit Pistons of yesteryear.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:46 PM   #4
PP34Deuce
College superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,987
Default Re: Avery Bradley is Joe Dumars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKAT
I like the celtics.
I really do.

Probably my favorite non-wolves team in the league right now.
(I just really enjoy watching home celtics games, I love the atmosphere.)

But I think that with all due respect to Bradley, that team needs to prove they can win. They looked much better with arguebly 2 of their best 3 players back in the fold (Crowder, Horford), but it's way too soon to know if this core is the one you do a title run with.

Bradley, in particular, will demand a big payday come free agency. It remains to be seen if Boston will be willing to open the wallet.


Bradley can play 2 because he's able to play bigger. He's a legit 6'2 but you see him match up against 6'6 guards and he can overwhlem them at times.

He's become more than a 3 and D player. He's only 26(Same age as PG) and he knows his role as a starting caliber glue guy guard.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:49 PM   #5
Proctor
College star
 
Proctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,167
Default Re: Avery Bradley is Joe Dumars

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
The Celtics backcourt consists of.

Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumas. Very similar to the Detroit Pistons of yesteryear.
Proctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:03 PM   #6
bizil
College superstar
 
bizil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,347
Default Re: Avery Bradley is Joe Dumars

From a FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL, Dumars was one of the best 6'3 and under guards of all time. When you look at his skillset on BOTH SIDES of the rock, he could do it all for a guard that size. He even played a lot of minutes at PG as well. While Isiah moved off the ball and looked to dominate scoring. In my opinion, Bradley isn't bringing all of this to the table yet. Joe's best scoring season was 23.5 points. His best dimes season was 5.7. All the while providing world class defense. Not many guards in NBA HISTORY were that effective in the two way sense. So let's pump the brakes when comparing Avery to Joe D. We gotta see how he keeps improving.
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:23 PM   #7
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,360
Default Re: Avery Bradley is Joe Dumars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizil
From a FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL, Dumars was one of the best 6'3 and under guards of all time. When you look at his skillset on BOTH SIDES of the rock, he could do it all for a guard that size. He even played a lot of minutes at PG as well. While Isiah moved off the ball and looked to dominate scoring. In my opinion, Bradley isn't bringing all of this to the table yet. Joe's best scoring season was 23.5 points. His best dimes season was 5.7. All the while providing world class defense. Not many guards in NBA HISTORY were that effective in the two way sense. So let's pump the brakes when comparing Avery to Joe D. We gotta see how he keeps improving.

this.


OP showing a flagrant disrespect/ignorance for history of the game making a comparison like that this early.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:47 PM   #8
r0drig0lac
College star
 
r0drig0lac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 3,751
Default Re: Avery Bradley is Joe Dumars

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
The Celtics backcourt consists of.

Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumas. Very similar to the Detroit Pistons of yesteryear.
r0drig0lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:32 PM   #9
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth
 
Crown&Coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: You only get half a bar.......
Posts: 4,294
Default Re: Avery Bradley is Joe Dumars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizil
From a FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL, Dumars was one of the best 6'3 and under guards of all time. When you look at his skillset on BOTH SIDES of the rock, he could do it all for a guard that size. He even played a lot of minutes at PG as well. While Isiah moved off the ball and looked to dominate scoring. In my opinion, Bradley isn't bringing all of this to the table yet. Joe's best scoring season was 23.5 points. His best dimes season was 5.7. All the while providing world class defense. Not many guards in NBA HISTORY were that effective in the two way sense. So let's pump the brakes when comparing Avery to Joe D. We gotta see how he keeps improving.



Bradley my favorite player playing right now, but Joe D was on another level defensively. And that's saying something because Bradley is a ****in monster on that end
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:43 PM   #10
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,214
Default Re: Avery Bradley is Joe Dumars

Dumars was a star. Bradley is good, but not quite there.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy