Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-01-2016, 12:26 AM   #16
tpols
we already won

Default Re: Porzingod Fam Get in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
I know a lot of Knicks fans get upset about people constantly bringing up the fact that they booed Porzingis on draft day but they should constantly be reminded about that. The reaction to the Porzingis pick was one of the ugliest moments in recent NBA history primarily because it was almost exclusively based on xenophobia and prejudice. The Knicks fans saw a tall white European player and they instantly hated him even though they knew nothing about him. The rational thing to do would be to hold off judgement until you actually see him play but those scumbags would see none of it. There was also plenty of idiocy on this board too. Dumbasses like IGOTGAME saying Porzingis isn't as agile as Pau gasol and Lazerus saying that he's just another European stiff.

Wow.. on point.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:26 AM   #17
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

I was only mad for 10 mins. Than I saw his highlights and attitude, my body was ready
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:26 AM   #18
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
they showed like 5 knick fans on tv, in the barkley center home of the nets..most of the boos came from the nets counterpart...but it makes a fun story bro...

There were clips all over the place of reporters interviewing angry, disappointed Knicks fans. Not to mention all of the angry Knicks fans on here and on Twiter. at it being 5 knicks fans. There were plenty of jackass Knicks fans, don't sell yourself short.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:12 AM   #19
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze

Quote:
I know a lot of Knicks fans get upset about people constantly bringing up the fact that they booed Porzingis on draft day but they should constantly be reminded about that. The reaction to the Porzingis pick was one of the ugliest moments in recent NBA history primarily because it was almost exclusively based on xenophobia and prejudice. The Knicks fans saw a tall white European player and they instantly hated him even though they knew nothing about him. The rational thing to do would be to hold off judgement until you actually see him play but those scumbags would see none of it. There was also plenty of idiocy on this board too. Dumbasses like IGOTGAME saying Porzingis isn't as agile as Pau gasol and Lazerus saying that he's just another European stiff.
I literally started rooting for the Unicorn right after seeing that shit. I'm pretty sure some 8 year old kid was shown crying disappointed at the result once he was picked. Like that little shit knew anything. You know how we have that 10 year old with 10 alts caps locking P A T H E T I C. Well that's the Knicks organization and their fanbase. Hold this L you judgemental cucks.

He's already the best player on their team, loving his progress this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
I was only mad for 10 mins. Than I saw his highlights and attitude, my body was ready
I think someone bumped the draft thread and saw that. You really did change your mind really quickly on him, went from rage to optimism real quick.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:13 AM   #20
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star

The booing happens a lot at the draft from Philly, Nets and Knick fans primarily because all are in attendance. There wasn't a lot of information out on him. The NBAdraft site was really high on him so I just kind of trusted it and never had my doubts. When the Knicks drafted Frederick Weiss that really messed with people's heads. And then folks seen the Darko fiasco - Darko was touted as being better than Wade and Mello and not a let down if teams didn't pick Lebron. So it was fear mixed with ignorance when the Knicks picked the Zinger. I had some faith in it but only knew he was a very solid shooter.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:33 AM   #21
Knicksfever2010
Great college starter

Quote:
I am not a liberal and I'll use the word as much as I want. . . because that's exactly what it was. Also, he reminded them of Frederick Weis? And why was that? Was it based on the highlights? No, because they had never bothered to even do any research on the guy. Everybody with a brain knows Knicks fans saw a white Euro with a different sounding name and they instantly thought Frederick weiss or Darko Milicic. It was based entirely on how he looked and where he was from.

Hey dingus, let me break this down for you. People were booing because they thought he would be another over seas flop. He was extremely skinny and nobody ever heard of him before and people associated him w/ another over seas player in Weis.

I think you need to have your head examined. Besides if the fans were being 'xenophobic', how do you explain the sudden popularity of Porzingis almost IMMEDIATELY after he proved he could play on this level.
Knicksfever2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: