Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-22-2007, 03:10 PM   #16
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Even if my team was in need of a Center, I'd take Durant

Now what would happen if the hawks got the 2nd pick? would they draft durant and trade josh? or would they trade down?
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #17
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

did you see the clips of Odens workout... Thats some impressive stuff.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:19 PM   #18
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Durant will be the ROY and contribute to his team right away. Oden will take a year or two to get used to the NBA and start dominating from there. Oden is the better guy to build around.

Dominant Center>Dominant Swingman.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:22 PM   #19
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
did you see the clips of Odens workout... Thats some impressive stuff.
where?
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:23 PM   #20
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
Durant will be the ROY and contribute to his team right away. Oden will take a year or two to get used to the NBA and start dominating from there. Oden is the better guy to build around.

Dominant Center>Dominant Swingman.

the thing is you dont know he is a dominant center..

And a dominant swingman >>All Star Center

That being said I take Oden, because I think he has the tools to be dominant... I like Durant as well but Oden has a some scary tools. Just look at the workout tape.

espn.com on the side

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 05-22-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:36 PM   #21
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oden is the best player in the draft. We're talking about a near 7 footer, that changes the game defensively. When a 7 footer is lurking in the post, you have to change your game plan. Mix that in with his quick footwork, sheer strength and good free throw shooting, and extremely high potential, I say he's better than Durant.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldnt care. Greg Oden or Kevin Durant. Exactly how do you lose?

As a Sixers fan if they took Durant I wouldnt be upset. These 2 are franchise players, marquee talents. Arguing over who is better, who to take is like watching kids at snack time tease one another who got the better snack.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:48 PM   #23
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Oden is gonna be really good, Durant is gonna be really great. You can't go wrong with either...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The most succesful championship formula has been to build around a dominant big man. I would take Oden because can affect the entire game wether it be on defense or offense. Durant being the best college player should hold as much weight as it seems to. College success doesnt equal NBA success as you can see by looking at the Ed O'Bannon and Pearl Washington.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:17 PM   #25
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
The most succesful championship formula has been to build around a dominant big man. I would take Oden because can affect the entire game wether it be on defense or offense. Durant being the best college player should hold as much weight as it seems to. College success doesnt equal NBA success as you can see by looking at the Ed O'Bannon and Pearl Washington.

Except that in the last 20 years only Spurs, Heat and Rockets won championships with dominant big men. Not to mention that each one of those teams had wing men who were all star caliber, and in the case of the Heat(Wade) and Rockets(Drexler) were superstars
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #26
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
the thing is you dont know he is a dominant center..

And a dominant swingman >>All Star Center

That being said I take Oden, because I think he has the tools to be dominant... I like Durant as well but Oden has a some scary tools. Just look at the workout tape.

espn.com on the side

What? How many very talented swingmen can you name? Now try to the name the same amount of very talented centers.

Look, even if Oden doesn't have the same amount of "tools to be dominant" as Durant the fact that there are hardly any centers in the league that have even a little bit of talent means that Oden already has an advantage over Durant when it comes to the possibility of being dominant. With the exception of a handful of guys (Yao, Shaq, Dwight, Duncan etc.) Oden will be lining up against garbage players for the majority of his career who are only in the NBA because they won the 'genetic lottery' and became 7ft tall.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #27
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
Except that in the last 20 years only Spurs, Heat and Rockets won championships with dominant big men. Not to mention that each one of those teams had wing men who were all star caliber, and in the case of the Heat(Wade) and Rockets(Drexler) were superstars

You are forgetting the Lakers 3-peat with Shaq and in 87 and 88 the Lakers won back to back chamionships with Kareem. So 11 out of the last 20 years the team that has won the championship has had a dominant bigman. And 6 of those 9 years the Bulls won with Jordan and Pippen and that duo can not be recreated so it would be unwise to build a team to replicate the Bulls. So that basically only leave the 2004 Pistons becuase when the Pistons repeated in 89 and 90 they still had a good collection of bigmen Dennis Rodman, Bill Laimbeer, and John Salley.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #28
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
What? How many very talented swingmen can you name? Now try to the name the same amount of very talented centers.

Look, even if Oden doesn't have the same amount of "tools to be dominant" as Durant the fact that there are hardly any centers in the league that have even a little bit of talent means that Oden already has an advantage over Durant when it comes to the possibility of being dominant. With the exception of a handful of guys (Yao, Shaq, Dwight, Duncan etc.) Oden will be lining up against garbage players for the majority of his career who are only in the NBA because they won the 'genetic lottery' and became 7ft tall.

I said Id take Oden....so why are you acting like I said otherwise. I was just saying that no one knows if either guy will be dominant.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #29
ballahollic
I airball my layups

ballahollic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I said Id take Oden....so why are you acting like I said otherwise. I was just saying that no one knows if either guy will be dominant.

Oden will be domiant. Fact.
ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #30
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballahollic
Oden will be domiant. Fact.

Well there is sonly 1 dominant player in the NBA right now. I dont know if Oden will ever dominant. He might be able to but it is far from a fact. That being said Im starting to actually like him. Dont ruin it by over hyping the guy. The college announcers annoyed with it, now I hope the ESPN and ABC dont do the same
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: