Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 06-21-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Can the Clippers ever overtake the Lakers in Los Angeles?

As far as love from the city is concerned?

I guess the star power from the laker past is probably tough to overcome
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:11 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

ermmmmm... i think they already did... anyway...
Kaman > Mihm
Brand >Odom
Maggette > Brown
Cassell > Parker
Ross > Bryant
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

No, the Lakers still have the "fascination" factor
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
BandwagonRepair
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BandwagonRepair has an OK reputation so far

No matter how much the Clippers win and even if the Lakers organization take a Knicks-style plunge, the Clippers will never come close to how much love this city gives the Lakers. As a Clippers fan, I'll cheer my damndest for the team but I'll always know that in LA, I'm still a very small minority.
BandwagonRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:20 PM   #5
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Barring some incredible collapse from the Lakers... no.

But, if Kobe has a career ending injury or something and the Lakers are stuck in salary cap hell for the next 6 years without a hope... then its possible.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:04 AM   #6
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

its always going to be a laker city like how it will always be a dodger city. the angels and clippers have had better seasons but the tradition for the lakers and dodgers will always keep fans comming.
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

As long as the Lakers have a star like Kobe then the fans will support the Lakers
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:58 PM   #8
EB best in LA

EB best in LA has an OK reputation so far

when clips win the title next year L.A. is going to be all clipper town and lakers are not gonna be good they always draft ****ty people besides early years[divac worthy van exel] they'll be in draft hell 4 the next 5 yrs
EB best in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:02 AM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How about the Clippers win an NBA Title or even a Western Conference Title before this kind of talk. This organization has a history of failure, and even after one season, in my book, the jury is still out.

Focus on smaller steps....
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:15 PM   #10
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation

all I know is that the Lakers mega choke against Phoenix was freaking pathetic. Kwame Brown should just go molest more children cuz he freakin sucks and dont get me started on that rapist Kobe Bryant. By the way. Did you see how mega hott that chick was??
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #11
StaplesRocker

StaplesRocker has an OK reputation so far

It will take decades of success (or at the very least one decade) for the Clippers to overcome the Lakers big brother status that was built upon the Showtime and Shaq&Kobe runs. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it's unlikely.

However, the majority of us Clippers fans CAN name the starting five of our team on a nightly basis. So we got that going for us, which is nice.
StaplesRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:31 AM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB best in LA
when clips win the title next year L.A. is going to be all clipper town and lakers are not gonna be good they always draft ****ty people besides early years[divac worthy van exel] they'll be in draft hell 4 the next 5 yrs

I am totally unbiased when I say clippers can't win a title yet they are still too young.

as for the lakers drafting ****ty players I cant agree at all with that statement because we also drafted guys like derek fisher, jordan famar, Luke walton.

Also they make some smart trades in drafts like when they traded vlade divac for draft rights to Kobe.

anyways this is about the clippers but I think Clippers would have to have a lot better of a history to match up with laker dynasties.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: