Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-25-2007, 12:08 AM   #61
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation
Default Re: What new will be in NBA2K8?

24/7 is kinda lame. Not really interested in that.

The game is amazing even pre-patch. Many of the bugs that are there (like jumping the passing lanes) you can control by simply not doing it. Resist the urge not to. The game is so much better. The development bug kinda sucks.. but honestly, I don't use it. Kinda feels cheap to me or something. The CPU doesn't use it.

They DO have to fix the crowd though. The crowd is just blah and doesn't react right. I wish they could fix it.

I also hope they fix the stupid menus. No more of the Right Stick browsing.

I wish commentary was more varied too.

The gameplay is already amazing. Of course, it'd be a lot better if they fixed stuff like jumping the passing lanes or throwing half court passes for easy layups, but if you can control yourself and not do it, 2k7 is already all you can ask for. I especially like the progressive fatigue factor they added in.

BTW, since I don't have Live, I can't post-patch my game. Otherwise.. post patch the game fixes a lot of other things. Fixes the fastbreak thing that is VERY annoying on pre-patch (Shaq will catch up to AI on a fastbreak even on Turbo), and fixes the sub AI that the CPU is often dumb with at the end of games.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:09 PM   #62
de rong
I brick open layups

de rong has an OK reputation so far

Is there some difference in Regular Match and Association (Franchise season game) ratings for players?
de rong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #63
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
Luol Deng should be on the cover of NBA 2k8....hmm I got an Idea for a thread...hold on..

Yeah, but it won't happen.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:32 PM   #64
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

you console gamers are lucky. I was considering buying an xbox360 just for 2k basketball games but alas I had no $$.

US PC gamers are still stuck with Live. And I don't think you 2k players can even comprehend the magnitude of crap that Live is.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:34 PM   #65
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They also need to get rid of the fact that Michael Finley can catch up to Allen Iverson on a breakaway, just because they're on Hall of Fame difficulty. I hate games where the computers do unrealistic things when you put the difficulty higher. They shouldn't be unrealistic - they should be SMARTER.

They also need to get rid of the fact that Drew Gooden can run the fast break in front of everybody on a regular basis. (Not just Gooden, I mean most big men.) The computer grabs the rebound, whip it up court, and they get an easy lay in, even when you turn your defensive pressure, get back defense, help defense, and fast break defense to 100. Before my shot even hits the rim, it's like they know I'm going to miss, so while the ball is in the air, they automatically start running to get ready for a fast break off a defensive rebound. So annoying. And the passing lanes thing is annoying as well. I end up with 10 steals with a center, because the computers throw the ball into MY chest, and vice versa when I make the pass. If someone is in front of you and you try to pass, you qhip it off their leg or chest by accident. No common sense. If someone is in front of you and you try to pass, you get around them first. I hate that.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #66
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
They also need to get rid of the fact that Michael Finley can catch up to Allen Iverson on a breakaway, just because they're on Hall of Fame difficulty. I hate games where the computers do unrealistic things when you put the difficulty higher. They shouldn't be unrealistic - they should be SMARTER.

They also need to get rid of the fact that Drew Gooden can run the fast break in front of everybody on a regular basis. (Not just Gooden, I mean most big men.) The computer grabs the rebound, whip it up court, and they get an easy lay in, even when you turn your defensive pressure, get back defense, help defense, and fast break defense to 100. Before my shot even hits the rim, it's like they know I'm going to miss, so while the ball is in the air, they automatically start running to get ready for a fast break off a defensive rebound. So annoying. And the passing lanes thing is annoying as well. I end up with 10 steals with a center, because the computers throw the ball into MY chest, and vice versa when I make the pass. If someone is in front of you and you try to pass, you qhip it off their leg or chest by accident. No common sense. If someone is in front of you and you try to pass, you get around them first. I hate that.

Richie, that fastbreak bug is annoying as hell without the patch. I'm not sure if it's still there post-patch, but if they could implement the fastbreak right on College Hoops 2k7, no reason why they can't do it on NBA 2k8 or in the future.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #67
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
Richie, that fastbreak bug is annoying as hell without the patch. I'm not sure if it's still there post-patch, but if they could implement the fastbreak right on College Hoops 2k7, no reason why they can't do it on NBA 2k8 or in the future.

Patch?

Well I hope they do fix it - or else I'll have to start playing arcade games on it, because playing real-life simulation basketball is just annoying in that game sometimes, because it's so hard to do. Either the Spurs end up with 50 fast break points or Chris Bosh attempts 5 FG's. (He hardly even gets shots in that game for some reason.) There's always something unreal about the stat sheet at the end of the game.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #68
DAXX
Serious playground baller

DAXX has an OK reputation so far

It seems like Dwight Howard might be on the cover.. Or LeBron James.
DAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #69
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXX
It seems like Dwight Howard might be on the cover.. Or LeBron James.

Could be a player not named Shaq. I want Kobe Bryant to be on the cover.

srsly.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #70
de rong
I brick open layups

Default My Nuggets Assocation

Strange to see that my team is 90-95 and Iverson is now 99!!!

Team is very good at the moment...1st season?

Is it bug?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #71
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Default Re: My Nuggets Assocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by de rong
Strange to see that my team is 90-95 and Iverson is now 99!!!

Team is very good at the moment...1st season?

Is it bug?

No, you just do lots of development and practice. Watch at the beginning of the next season. Iverson's stats with drop because of age. Stupidest thing in that game. Once you hit 30 years old, your stats automatically begin to decrease.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #72
Nashformvp
High School Varsity 6th Man

Nashformvp has an OK reputation so far

they need more accurate refs my guys can take 5-6 steps and not get called.
Nashformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:04 PM   #73
de rong
I brick open layups

Default Re: My Nuggets Assocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
No, you just do lots of development and practice. Watch at the beginning of the next season. Iverson's stats with drop because of age. Stupidest thing in that game. Once you hit 30 years old, your stats automatically begin to decrease.

Thats sad... Well have to get young replacement to AI 1-2 years
Old 05-25-2007, 10:06 PM   #74
Nashformvp
High School Varsity 6th Man

Nashformvp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
- Position changes like in NBA live.

- Shoe changes( you can't even change the shoe if the player has been on a team for 2 years).
- Better commentary

- Intervene similution( scoring 145 points a game isn't like the real NBA games)

- Team offense such as the Triangle offense

- BRING BACK 24/7

They let me change the shoe. I just went to edit player and they let me change the shoe and color. And this was Shawn Marion.
Nashformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:09 PM   #75
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashformvp
They let me change the shoe. I just went to edit player and they let me change the shoe and color. And this was Shawn Marion.

It doesn't work with all players. For example. Garnett or Duncan or Kobe.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: