Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Will Stern rig this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
It's pretty much a consensus he rigged it to punish questionable tanking teams.

Dude its too obvious.

Memphis
Boston
Milw
Atlanta
Seattle
Port

Order of finish. 1-6

*lottery take place*

Portland
Seattle
Atlanta
Memphis
Boston
Milw

Its right there. When has that EVER happened? Top 3 teams pick 4-6? I'd like to know if anyone looked up history.

The draft works with the teams trying to get a top 3 slot. So Atlanta, Seattle and Portland dispite lesser chances were able to win the lottery? Come on. So when they picked the #1 pick...boom portland wins ok. They drawed for the #2 pick...boom seattle wins. Ok...they picked for the 3rd pick and you mean to tell me Boston, Milw, Memphis didnt have enough odds over Atlanta to win that 3rd slot? Bom Atlanta gets it.

Its right there.

Last edited by GOBB : 05-22-2007 at 09:27 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #17
raptorboy79
I hit open 5-footers

raptorboy79 has an OK reputation so far

I can see Boston or Memphis dropping out of the top 3 but not both, the lottery really does seem rigged
raptorboy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:30 PM   #18
travelmonkey
Can barely lace up my sneakers

travelmonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
and give the first two picks to boston/ny?

You're kidding, right? Hey, I'm the biggest critic of Stern when it comes to the Phoenix suspensions. But even I don't think there's a conspiracy to favor certain teams. No, the NBA doesn't rig anything. They're making plenty of money whether or not NY and Bos have good teams. The benefit of rigging a game or series or draft, is far outweighed by the risk of getting caught. The NBA knows that. They aren't that stupid.
travelmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #19
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Stern doesn't want Vegas, good for the league or not. Stern stopped caring about what was good for the league awhile ago. All about him and his ego nowadays. I hate calling rigged but the odds are just too far against what just happened.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:36 PM   #20
travelmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorboy79
the lottery really does seem rigged

Oh, come on now. Over the last 10 years, the following teams have had the top pick:

San Antonio
LA Clippers
LA Clippers
New Jersey
Washington
Houston
Cleveland
Orlando
Milwaukee
Toronto

I don't see big money teams all over this list. Seems pretty fair and random to me. Where's the conspiracy?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:36 PM   #21
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmonkey
I don't see big money teams all over this list. Seems pretty fair and random to me. Where's the conspiracy?
read the thread.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #22
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Maybe the NBA SHOULD rig the lottery, the imbalance between the conferences is ridiculous.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #23
travelmonkey

Quote:
read the thread.

I did. I don't really see any evidence-based accusations. Look at the actual history of who's gotten the top picks, and I challenge anyone to explain where the pattern of conspiracy is. It isn't there.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I did. I don't really see any evidence-based accusations. Look at the actual history of who's gotten the top picks, and I challenge anyone to explain where the pattern of conspiracy is. It isn't there.

The top 3 teams that ended the season never drafted 4-5-6 since the new system was implemented. Yet this year history is made? With 3 teams that TANKED? When the whole TANKING controversy heated up? Where GMs, owners spoke about tanking? Ed Snider recently said he wanted everyone to get an equal chance because it isnt fair to watch franchises pack it in for more ping pong balls. Stern has been faced this question by media.

And here we are today...all 3 tanking teams get the worst possible spot at the same time? Yeah you dont see enough evidence based accusations.

You cant find me a draft year where this happened. Period.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #25
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
The hell you talking about? It's not "who" it is, it's what he's doing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Dude get OFF this fairytale primary focus for the NBA making money. The NBA is a billion dollar industry. Sorry the NBA is making more than ENOUGH money. Unless you have numbers that show a significant profit decrease over the years leave that theory of yours alone.

David Stern was offended and upset teams compromised the integrity of the game. And you can thank Ryan Gomes because Stern faced that question with his quote time and time again to a point he got ticked off. Espn sports center interview...SAS i believed brought it up again and Stern said

"Well you know what, I've tried over the years to fix the draft where it eliminated tanking. I thought this system was the best and it seems like it isnt. I heard Ryan Gomes comments and we will review and investigate the teams who decided to tank. The integrity of the game means a lot here. And if it is threatened then maybe I should do away with the system all together and select the order of the lottery"

Stern doesnt give two craps about giving teams in bigger markets top prizes to help the NBA make money. The NBA MAKES a ton of money. And again until you or anyone else shows me actual figures of the NBA LOSING significant dollars...get off that theory of yours.

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure he's more interested in punishing teams that are tanking than having the major markets come back to prominence. Jesus...

He is...and I'm so sorry you failed to listen to numerous interviews that indicated Stern was gonna look into the teams suspected of tanking. I'm so so so damn sorry you failed to read his comments, his reactions to Ryan Gomes and the idea of tanking. I'm so so so damn sorry you're still hooked on the only way to rig a draft is to give teams with big markets top prospects to generate cash flow and make the NBA money.

NBA makes money. Wake the hell up kid.

Combine that with the fact that Memphis, Boston, and Milwaukee's likelyhood of all not getting a top 3 pick is under 1%( I sound like a broken F*ckign record here), this leads to suspicion

TEAMS 1st...... 2nd..... 3rd......Top 2
Memphis 25.0% 21.5% 17.8% 46.5%
Boston 19.9% 18.8% 17.1% 38.7%
Milwaukee 15.6% 15.7% 15.6% 32.3 %

Open your eyes, not plausible.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 05-22-2007 at 09:51 PM.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #26
raptorboy79
I hit open 5-footers

raptorboy79 has an OK reputation so far

Sometimes thnigs happen in the NBA that seem to good to be true(not all the time but once in a while), this years draft order seems very strange considering all this talk of tanking...previous drafts haven't had this much talk of conspiracy but I do think it was too perfect that Lebron ended up in Clevland
raptorboy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #27
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Combined chances of Memphis, Boston and Milwaukee to get the #1 pick 50.5%.

Combined chances of Memphis, Boston and Milwaukee to get the #2 pick 55%.

Combined chances of Memphis, Boston and Milwaukee to get the #1 pick 50.5%.

Chances of Memphis getting a top three pick: 64.3%

Chances of Boston getting a top three pick: 55.8%

Chances of Milwaukee getting a top three pick: 46.9%

R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:57 PM   #28
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

The lottery has been rigged since its inception in 1985 with Ewing to the Knicks. I've accepted it well over a decade ago. Those who still think it's legit should too. If you pay attention, there is a pattern to lottery every year. The teams that barely misses the playoffs always fall in order, and one or two teams always move up. Stern says the lottery isn't aired because it would cause confusion
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #29
Mean Joe Bean
Decent playground baller

Mean Joe Bean has an OK reputation so far

If the ping pong balls were totally random, the order should be all over the place. Instead it's in precise order with one or two teams moving up. How much more obvious can it be that its rigged? You'd think the NBA would do a better job at concealing their idiocy...
Mean Joe Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
The hell you talking about? It's not "who" it is, it's what he's doing:

Combine that with the fact that Memphis, Boston, and Milwaukee's likelyhood of all not getting a top 3 pick is under 1%( I sound like a broken F*ckign record here), this leads to suspicion

TEAMS 1st...... 2nd..... 3rd......Top 2
Memphis 25.0% 21.5% 17.8% 46.5%
Boston 19.9% 18.8% 17.1% 38.7%
Milwaukee 15.6% 15.7% 15.6% 32.3 %

Open your eyes, not plausible.

Agreed brudder!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: