Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-23-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far
Default So, the Raptors have no picks this year...

That's great!!!

how do you think we can obtain some???
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:09 AM   #2
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default Re: So, the Raptors have no picks this year...

I'm pretty sure BC will be on the lines with Phoenix or Philly.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:09 AM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Toronto can obtain a pick by way of money and players.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:09 AM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Who are the Raptors willing to part with?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:12 AM   #5
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can you S&T Mopete for a pick and James Jones?

Would Phoenix do that? lol
Old 05-23-2007, 12:14 AM   #6
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm pretty sure someone had posted a rule that said that every team in the NBA must have at least one pick in the first round.

Not sure what is the penalty though. But if that's the case, Toronto has to trade for a first round pick, even if they don't want to.

Dayumn, if this board had the freakin search feature
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:15 AM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

That's not true. You have to have a pick every other year. Meaning you can't go two years without have a pick.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:16 AM   #8
Mean Joe Bean
Decent playground baller

Mean Joe Bean has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I'm pretty sure someone had posted a rule that said that every team in the NBA must have at least one pick in the first round.

Not if you traded your pick....
Mean Joe Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:16 AM   #9
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial

Not sure what is the penalty though. But if that's the case, Toronto has to trade for a first round pick, even if they don't want to.

Dayumn, if this board had the freakin search feature
I remember a couple cases where teams had no 1st round picks...like Spurs a couple years ago...and i think Dallas too
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:17 AM   #10
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
That's not true. You have to have a pick every other year. Meaning you can't go two years without have a pick.
Yep but you can draft for another team and trade them on draft day.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:17 AM   #11
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
yeah, now that you say so I think that was it. sorry. In any case it would be nice if someone posts the exact rule. I can't find it.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:18 AM   #12
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Yep but you can draft for another team and trade them on draft day.

Ya for sure cause you technically drafted.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:18 AM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If the Raptors want a player that will go 1st round then they'll probably try to buy a lower pick (#24-30?).

Mo Pete is also a unrestricted free agent so I don't see any reason why they'd have to sign and trade him. He can choose wherever he wants to go and Toronto can't stop him.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:20 AM   #14
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
If the Raptors want a player that will go 1st round then they'll probably try to buy a lower pick (#24-30?).

Mo Pete is also a unrestricted free agent so I don't see any reason why they'd have to sign and trade him. He can choose wherever he wants to go and Toronto can't stop him.

But if he wanted to go to a team like Phoenix who may only sign him if they get rid of a contract. It sucks that he's not worth more than the MLE. Why couldn't he have put up last season's stats, this season?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:26 AM   #15
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
But if he wanted to go to a team like Phoenix who may only sign him if they get rid of a contract. It sucks that he's not worth more than the MLE. Why couldn't he have put up last season's stats, this season?
He didn't get near the playing time this season as he did last season...but if a team is willing to do a sign and trade for a first rounder ..im all for it!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: