Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-23-2007, 01:36 AM   #31
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Late night updated InsideHoops.com NBA Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
right now I can easily see Conley going third. Atlanta really needs a pg.

Hawks also have #11 with Law also a possibility at the Point and only one team picking ahead of them who can honestly need a PG in the Kings, which will leave one. I'd take Jianlin at #3 and then Law/Conley, whomever drops at #11.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:40 AM   #32
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can see Atlanta taking Conley at 3 to be safe or perhaps they trade down a bit. Don't now if any team will want to trade up though unless one player really makes himself the 3rd pick in the draft.

At 11 they probably can still choose between Hawes, McRoberts and MAYBE Noah or Jianlian.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:43 AM   #33
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I can see Atlanta taking Conley at 3 to be safe or perhaps they trade down a bit. Don't now if any team will want to trade up though unless one player really makes himself the 3rd pick in the draft.

At 11 they probably can still choose between Hawes, McRoberts and MAYBE Noah or Jianlian.

Could be, because everyone seems to think they want to make it up, but I just don't see it. Jianlin should not be there at #11, and if he does, damn he would be a steal imo. I won't be surprised though if Hawks do take Conley Jr just to be safe and attempt to make up for the past mistakes, kind of sucks for the fans and everyone as they will have to pass up on Wright, Jianlin and potentially more talented players with another shot to draft a PG in the lottery also there.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:29 AM   #34
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The hawks aren't rational. Every year they do something that doesn't make sense.

They need PGs. Speedy Claxton isn't too good, Tyronn Lue isn't either. Salim Stoudamire is a shooter not a real PG. Royal Ivey is lucky to even be around.

They may overdo it, take two point guards, also have speedy, and part ways with the rest. ANd go from no good PG to too young talented ones.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:56 AM   #35
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

Quote:
They may overdo it, take two point guards, also have speedy, and part ways with the rest. ANd go from no good PG to too young talented ones.
1. Is this your first year following basketball? You're acting like the Hawks are set at every position and hence should pick two point guards - in the lottery no less !!! Seriously, change it. It damages the credibility of your site.

2. It's "two" not "too"
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #36
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Hibbert's pulling out of the draft.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:33 AM   #37
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lottery mock draft

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

SECAUCUS, N.J. Between the commissioner telling Greg Oden and Kevin Durant that they had to go to college for a year and the Florida Gators' three stars staying one more season, an intriguing confluence of events inspired one of the deepest, most talented NBA draft classes in years.

And now, with the draft lottery complete Tuesday night, here's a scenario about how the lottery could play out June 28 in New York.

1. Portland Trail Blazers Greg Oden, 7-foot center, Ohio State. With the first pick in the 2007 NBA draft, the Blazers select Sam Bowie, Mychal Thompson and LaRue Martin. Nah, not this time. The Blazers are getting a franchise center for the next decade.

2. Seattle SuperSonics Kevin Durant, 6-9 forward, Texas. This is some spectacular consolation prize. Durant is the most gifted and complete offensive player to come out of college in years, and maybe, just maybe, he can save the Sonics in Seattle.

3. Atlanta Hawks Yi Jianlian, 7-foot forward, China. Two years ago, the Hawks made a terrible mistake passing on point guards Deron Williams and Chris Paul high in the draft. They still need a playmaker, but they can get a solid point later in the lottery. Jianlian is an athletic, slashing forward who has blown scouts away with perimeter talents.

4. Memphis Grizzlies Corey Brewer, 6-8 guard, Florida. Brewer is the Tennessee kid who can help ease the disappointment of missing out on the franchise stars, Oden and Durant. Brewer's 7-foot wingspan makes him a menace on defense. He's a shot-maker, too.

5. Boston Celtics Brandan Wright, 6-10 forward, North Carolina. Doc Rivers will be gone by the All-Star break, but Wright, with those condor arms, is a long, fluid offensive talent who will block shots and score around the basket. He isn't Durant, but he'll be a major scorer in the pros.

6. Milwaukee Bucks Al Horford, 6-9 forward, Florida. The Bucks are desperate for some toughness around the basket, and Horford is an easy choice for general manager Larry Harris. Horford will develop offensively, but he will arrive an accomplished defender and rebounder.

7. Minnesota Timberwolves Mike Conley, 6-1 guard, Ohio State. Conley is the purest of point guards, forever thinking pass-first. As much as his longtime teammate Oden, he was the reason the Buckeyes made a run to the national title game. He needs to shoot it better, but he's a leader and a winner.

8. Charlotte Bobcats Joakim Noah, 6-10 forward, Florida. So much for improving his stock by staying in school. Noah would've gone higher in the 2006 draft. Nevertheless, the Bobcats are desperate for a star to complement Emeka Okafor on the inside. Noah could sell a few tickets for this fledgling franchise.

9. Chicago Bulls Spencer Hawes, 7-foot center, Washington. Hawes is a skilled low-post player with a tough attitude and a relentless disposition. He fits perfectly with the Bulls' terrific nucleus of young players who bring it every night on the floor.

10. Sacramento Kings Roy Hibbert, 7-2 center, Georgetown. Hibbert could go higher in the lottery, based on his rapidly improving game. Few college players made more progress over the past season than him, and his upside is intriguing. In the West, where size matters, he has great value for Sacramento. There's still a possibility he could return to school for his senior year.

11. Atlanta Hawks Acie Law, 6-3 guard, Texas A&M. Law isn't going to be a star in the NBA, but he's a tough, smart guard with the guts to make big shots. Most of all, he's a leader. He'll be a good complement to franchise star Joe Johnson.

12. Philadelphia 76ers Julian Wright, 6-9 forward, Kansas. The 76ers are believed to be enamored with Georgetown's Jeff Wright, but it will be a tough call if Wright survives this deep into the lottery. Wright is more athletic and has more upside.

13. New Orleans Hornets Jeff Green, 6-9 forward, Georgetown. Green does a little of everything well, and he fits into the winning culture that G.M. Jeff Bower and coach Byron Scott are determined to infuse into the Hornets on the way back to New Orleans.

14. Los Angeles Clippers
Thaddeus Young, 6-8 forward, Georgia Tech. Young is a long, athletic talent who is just too talented to pass up and slide out of the lottery.

I like the Draft order and this gonna be a very exciting and memorable NBA Draft.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:34 AM   #38
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Chinese guy with range as number three pick... will they never learn.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:35 AM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When did Spencer Hawes becomes a 6'11 220lb PF? He's anywhere from 6'11-7'0 and well over 245.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:00 AM   #40
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd love to have McRoberts.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:34 AM   #41
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Lottery mock draft

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

SECAUCUS, N.J. Between the commissioner telling Greg Oden and Kevin Durant that they had to go to college for a year and the Florida Gators' three stars staying one more season, an intriguing confluence of events inspired one of the deepest, most talented NBA draft classes in years.

And now, with the draft lottery complete Tuesday night, here's a scenario about how the lottery could play out June 28 in New York.

3. Atlanta Hawks Yi Jianlian, 7-foot forward, China. Two years ago, the Hawks made a terrible mistake passing on point guards Deron Williams and Chris Paul high in the draft. They still need a playmaker, but they can get a solid point later in the lottery. Jianlian is an athletic, slashing forward who has blown scouts away with perimeter talents.

4. Memphis Grizzlies Corey Brewer, 6-8 guard, Florida. Brewer is the Tennessee kid who can help ease the disappointment of missing out on the franchise stars, Oden and Durant. Brewer's 7-foot wingspan makes him a menace on defense. He's a shot-maker, too.

5. Boston Celtics Brandan Wright, 6-10 forward, North Carolina. Doc Rivers will be gone by the All-Star break, but Wright, with those condor arms, is a long, fluid offensive talent who will block shots and score around the basket. He isn't Durant, but he'll be a major scorer in the pros.

6. Milwaukee Bucks Al Horford, 6-9 forward, Florida. The Bucks are desperate for some toughness around the basket, and Horford is an easy choice for general manager Larry Harris. Horford will develop offensively, but he will arrive an accomplished defender and rebounder.

7. Minnesota Timberwolves Mike Conley, 6-1 guard, Ohio State. Conley is the purest of point guards, forever thinking pass-first. As much as his longtime teammate Oden, he was the reason the Buckeyes made a run to the national title game. He needs to shoot it better, but he's a leader and a winner.

this list isn't that bad IF Yi is really considered a franchise prospect. i don't think the grizz would take brewer (who is my fave prospect outside of the top two) with gay and miller already locked up and a serious need for a big next to pau and a young pg.

i would love for boston to land brandon wright or al horford. again, i like brewer, but with green, pierce, and wally i think we're in decent shape at the swing spots, and we really need a 4 or 5 to pair with al and maybe a starting caliber pg.

wish chicago had made it higher, because horford would have been a very good pick for them. maybe i'm nuts, but i think he's got brand-esque potential. noah would fit their hustle, hustle, hustle, team ball mentality, but he doesn't bring the low post game that they need.

conley would be a nice pick up for minnesota. they really need a starting center, but the only true center in the draft who's clearly better than conley, jr. as a prospect is his teammate, and obviously greg won't be around at 7. they could use brewer here too, and then try to package hassell in some kind of trade.

anybody else think that the sonics are going to have to either let lewis go or sign and trade him if they pick durant (assuming portland takes oden)? i can't see two not quite strong enough to play the 4 shooting tweener forwards starting unless they go really uptempo a la the suns, and i'm not sure they've got the pg do that.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: