Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-23-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
Andrew from tex
I brick open layups

Andrew from tex has an OK reputation so far
Default Does anyone agree ? Artest/Jo better than Kg

Ok let me start of by saying that I love Kevin Garnett but as I keep thinking and time passes by I realize that we want to add as much talent to our team without giving up alot to get one player because we dont have any cap room otherwise I would trade 3 or 4 players to get kg because if we had about 6 to 9 million in cap room we would still be able to get 3 to 4 solid free agents back ,but we dont .... plus if we are able to land Artest we would have more team Chemistry because Oneal and him played well together , then we would still be able to pull off 2 solid free agents like Grant Hill and an point guard ,
Andrew from tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Does anyone agree ? Artest/Jo better than Kg

Let me just say that Artest is nutcase. These guys are not even better than KG. KG is more than just a forward, but he is one of everything.

Also, I think we are not going to get ethier one of those guys.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew from tex
Ok let me start of by saying that I love Kevin Garnett but as I keep thinking and time passes by I realize that we want to add as much talent to our team without giving up alot to get one player because we dont have any cap room otherwise I would trade 3 or 4 players to get kg because if we had about 6 to 9 million in cap room we would still be able to get 3 to 4 solid free agents back ,but we dont .... plus if we are able to land Artest we would have more team Chemistry because Oneal and him played well together , then we would still be able to pull off 2 solid free agents like Grant Hill and an point guard ,

IMO, having both Artest and JO is better than just KG. But it really depends on what you give up to achieve the two scenarios.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:59 PM   #4
Andrew from tex
I brick open layups

I just feel like if we was to get Oneal which is better than nothing because right now it dosent seem like were getting Kg then why not bring in Artest not only for his defense but also because J Oneal would feel more comfortable coming in here knowing that he has an running mate that he once played well with , and if it's true that defense wins championships think about how good we would be with both of them and if Kobe was playing with someone like Artest and watching him play intense defense dont you think that it would make him play even better ...kg is good and can do everything but he would leave us with just him and kobe plus the MLE
Old 05-23-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

But would they be willing to play together again? Would they be able to squash their past? Hopefully time will tell.

It will be real interesting to hear from either of them, if one gets signed.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:19 PM   #6
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

There's a very little chance that both JO and Artest could be had. I'd be satisfied with just one of them.
JO no matter what, I'd be thrilled. Artest only if Odom also stays.

Just one of them would improve the Lakers greatly but I hope that besides one of them they also get some smart, athletic and defensive players. They need to build an identity. This is a Kobe Bryant led team. It needs to be smart, passionate, energetic and good both offensively and defensively.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

talent wise..yea it's better.

But with those two, here are risks:

-JO: Injury prone
-Artest: Isnt right in the head
-They've clashed before, could it happen again?

With KG, you know what you're getting...that is, a top 5 player who has as much heart and pride as anyone and wants to win just as bad as Kobe does. Now that is a nice way to start off a contender.

Of course, I'd be delighted getting JO/Artest but give me KG before them honestly.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:48 PM   #8
Andrew from tex
I brick open layups

yeah I love the passion that Kg plays with Hotsizzle but can you show me how our line-up would look like if we did get kg ???
Old 05-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #9
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Quote:
yeah I love the passion that Kg plays with Hotsizzle but can you show me how our line-up would look like if we did get kg ???

Jordan Farmar
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Luke Walton(If he isn't included in the package)
Andrew Bynum/ Plus a center
Old 05-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #10
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

We'd probably trade Odom/Bynum/Picks for KG...we might have to add more but we'll go with this for now. We would keep Kwame and hope he stays healthy to form a solid defensive frontcourt there with KG. Use the MLE to sign a defensive PG and re-sign Luke Walton.

PG: MLE
SG: Kobe
SF: Walton
PF: KG
C: Kwame

Bench:
Evans
Turiaf
Radmonvic
Farmar

That would be our rotation (I have high hopes on Radman still)

OR an alternative would be to also send Kwame and his expiring contract to minny and get something back. According to rumors, Lakers-Kings are discussing Artest for Walton or Kwame so there could be a possibility there. Between Bynum's trade value, Kwame's expiring contract, and Luke's sign and trade scenarios, MLE...and the teams all over the league that are going to rebuild mode, there are a lot of oppurtunites.

I'm just waiting and hoping Garnett demands out.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:58 PM   #11
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Interestingly, with JO, since he just had surgery, does that not make him even a greater risk? Nobody is going to deal him until they see how is knee performs, right?

JO = Physical Risk
RA = Mental Risk

(lol)

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:10 PM   #12
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

PG: MLE
SG: Kobe
SF: Walton
PF: KG
C: Kwame

Bench:
Evans
Turiaf
Radmonvic
Farmar

I'm just waiting and hoping Garnett demands out.

I hope you are not serious about that lineup of yours. We should send Kwame Brown as an alternative because Bynum isn't even 20 years old yet. Bynum is going to be a unstoppable force one day, you just need to give Bynum more time. Kobe didn't even start dominating until the 2001 season. And with Kevin Garnett's experience, he could probably teach Bynum on how to be combo center. Even though Garnett isn't a center. Brown has had enough time to develop.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #13
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
I hope you are not serious about that lineup of yours. We should send Kwame Brown as an alternative because Bynum isn't even 20 years old yet. Bynum is going to be a unstoppable force one day, you just need to give Bynum more time. Kobe didn't even start dominating until the 2001 season. And with Kevin Garnett's experience, he could probably teach Bynum on how to be combo center. Even though Garnett isn't a center. Brown has had enough time to develop.

haha Do you really think Minnesota will trade us Garnett without us giving them Bynum.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #14
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far

HMMmmmm.....
Artest!
Pts Reb Ast
18.8 6.5 3.4

played 70 games last year for the Kings!

I would love to have Artest on the team.

Just a thought would anyone trade Odom for Artest and his expiring contract and the Kings lottery 10th pick? Just a thought.

With Kwame and Artest expiring contracts how much can we offer a FA next summer? Some one like KG would be cool if he's still a FA! We probably have to sign and trade Walton and VRad for picks and more expiring contracts to be able to offer him some thing! I don't know, just a thought.
Just being open minded and exploring all options.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:21 PM   #15
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
haha Do you really think Minnesota will trade us Garnett without us giving them Bynum.

Ya!

Odom Brown Walton? 2 1st rd picks and throw in some 2nd rd picks if we can?
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: