Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-16-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Default This Forum, The Media, The NFL = LUDICROUS Aaron Rodgers HYPE

Almost every single season we have to hear this "Rodgers is God" bullshit, which all started with Ron Jaworski and Trent Dilfer about 5 years ago, when they kept saying on ESPN that "Rodgers is clearly the greatest football player of all time".

From then on, this bullshit narrative has never ended, and has only gotten worse with idiots like Stephen A.sshole Smith and Jason Whitlock's bullshit.

Rodgers is the most over hyped American athlete of all time. He is even above Peyton Manning and LeBron James in terms of over hype.

Peyton was the NFL and ESPN golden boy, but now they have taken it to a whole different level with how much hype goes to Rodgers.....it's almost like you would think Rodgers isn't even human - like he's a robot or something, with the way they talk about him.

It's always ludicrous level hyperbole that they use to describe Rodgers (even the in game announcers sometimes do it).........

"Rodgers is the only QB in history that could make that play."

(not true)

"Rodgers is the only QB in history that could make that throw."

(not true)

"No other player in history could that."

(not true)

"No other QB in history could do that, or make that throw."

(not true)

"No other QB in history can make that play."

(not true)

"No other QB in history could make that throw."

(not true)

blah blah blah blah blah

Hyperbole that isn't just absurd, it's absolutely ludicrous and beyond ridiculous.

And the whole, "Rodgers is the most physically gifted and talented QB ever."....

No, he's actually not. In fact, guys like Brett Favre and John Elway had more physical talent and ability than Rodgers has. Guys like Randall Cunningham and Steve Young are also in that discussion.

It's about time some other people start to notice how absurd the media overrating of Rodgers, is and how over the top ridiculous the Rodgers narrative is.

There is some kind of obvious agenda by the media, the NFL, etc. to push Rodgers endlessly. I'm not sure what their agenda and ulterior motives are, but it's very clear that they have one.

Even if Rodgers was to win the Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP this season...he would still be INCREDIBLY overrated and over hyped.

Last edited by Euroleague : 01-16-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:17 PM   #2
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Default Re: This Forum, The Media, The NFL = LUDICROUS Aaron Rodgers HYPE

Stop 5 stOaring your own threads fruit cup.

Makes sense a Brady Stan would do that

Fruit cup.

Rodgers is the goat.

Deal with it.

And didn't read
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

When are you guys going to follow suit and ignore Euro?

A troll can't succeed without attention. Eventually they go on trolling some other forum.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #4
atljonesbro
College star

The hype really is wayyyyy to much. Matt Ryan is playing on the same level during his run the table schtick and Ryan has been just better overall for the entire year but they just need to appeal to low IQ casuals with sound bytes and celebrations so they hype Aaron Rodgers
atljonesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good

For 1 game I would take Brady, Roethlisberger, or Ryan over Rodgers. Rodgers is an overrated blowhard.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #6
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
When are you guys going to follow suit and ignore Euro?

A troll can't succeed without attention. Eventually they go on trolling some other forum.

You're the troll.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:38 PM   #7
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
The hype really is wayyyyy to much. Matt Ryan is playing on the same level during his run the table schtick and Ryan has been just better overall for the entire year but they just need to appeal to low IQ casuals with sound bytes and celebrations so they hype Aaron Rodgers

About that................the media, the "analysts", and the in game announcers keep saying this LIE over and over...

"Aaron Rodgers guaranteed that the Packers would run the table".

He did not say that. He did not guarantee a damn thing.

This is Rodgers' ACTUAL quote:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...d-dc76b547046f

“I feel like we can run the table, I really do,”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what ESPN, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, MSNBC Sports, Fox Sports, in game announcers, Rodgers nut riders, etc. keep claiming he said,

"I guarantee that we will run the table."

This level of media dick riding of an individual athlete is unheard of. They didn't ride freaking Michael Jordan's nuts 1/10 as much they do Rodgers.

The sports media is going out of their way to FABRICATE that Rodgers "guaranteed" the Packers would run the table....

Last edited by Euroleague : 01-17-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:47 PM   #8
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Now Rodgers is "The Michael Jordan of the NFL"......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjn-ex1dan8

Old 01-17-2017, 09:52 PM   #9
ShawkFactory
NBA lottery pick

He's probably the greatest total package there's ever been at quarterback. Flat out.

Arm strength, release, accuracy, mobility, and decision making. There's never been someone who combines all of those as excellently as Rodgers does.
ShawkFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #10
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
He's probably the greatest total package there's ever been at quarterback. Flat out.

Arm strength, release, accuracy, mobility, and decision making. There's never been someone who combines all of those as excellently as Rodgers does.

Yeah, the sports media says it - therefore, ergo, it must be true....
Old 01-17-2017, 09:57 PM   #11
ShawkFactory
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Yeah, the sports media says it - therefore, ergo, it must be true....
The film says it. Watching it with my eyeballs says that he excels in all of those areas.

Then I listen to what people around me say that have watched the game for years about what other guys could do.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #12
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
The film says it. Watching it with my eyeballs says that he excels in all of those areas.

Then I listen to what people around me say that have watched the game for years about what other guys could do.

"Arm strength, release, accuracy, mobility, and decision making"...

He's not even as good in those ways as Elway or Favre (except the decision making in Favre's case) were. It's just the media blowing smoke out their ass, and people believing something because it keeps getting said over and over.

And the accuracy part of it, even the release part of it....such total bullshit. Plenty of guys with similar or better accuracy and just as good or better releases (like Marino)...

Brady
Warner
Montana
Young
Brees
Marino

Don't even try to claim arm strength against guys like,

Marino
Elway
Favre

The funniest though is the athleticism argument...........you didn't say that, but the medcia says it over and over....

Yeah sure, Rodgers is more athletic than this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwZZICUDWFo

or this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFK9HAC998c

Last edited by Euroleague : 01-17-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #13
tmacattack33
Very good NBA starter

Many of the throws, especially the ones off scrambels can indeed only be made by Rodgers though.

Brady or Brees would not be able to scramble away from DE's like that because the DE's are faster than them.

Russell Wilson and Cam Newton would be able to scramble away from the defenders, but they don't have Rodger's accuracy and vision out there.

You'd have to go back to the 90's and get peak Steve Young, as he would be the only one who'd be able to consistently make those throws.

His release is quicker than Young's though, and he doesn't need to be set in position to make his throws as much as Young did. So, he can have a guy chasing him at full speed and still make an accurate throw without stopping. That's a great skill to have...much like having a quick release in basketball like Steph Curry.

Last edited by tmacattack33 : 01-17-2017 at 10:17 PM.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #14
ShawkFactory
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
"Arm strength, release, accuracy, mobility, and decision making"...

He's not even as good in those ways as Elway or Favre (except the decision making in Favre's case) were. It's just the media blowing smoke out their ass, and people believing something because it keeps getting said over and over.

And the accuracy part of it, even the release part of it....such total bullshit. Plenty of guys with similar or better accuracy and just as good or better releases (like Marino)...

Brady
Warner
Montana
Young
Brees
Marino
You're naming guys that match him in certain areas (I also notice that you haven't mentioned Peyton once in any of this. Wonder why ) I know he's not in a league of his own at everything. You can't read. No one COMBINED ALL of those things like Rodgers does.

Favre wasn't as accurate nor did he have the decision making. Elways release, accuracy AND decision making were inferior to Rodgers.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:27 PM   #15
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
Many of the throws, especially the ones off scrambels can indeed only be made by Rodgers though.

Brady or Brees would not be able to scramble away from DE's like that because the DE's are faster than them.

Russell Wilson and Cam Newton would be able to scramble away from the defenders, but they don't have Rodger's accuracy and vision out there.

You'd have to go back to the 90's and get peak Steve Young, as he would be the only one who'd be able to consistently make those throws.

His release is quicker than Young's though, and he doesn't need to be set in position to make his throws as much as Young did. So, he can have a guy chasing him at full speed and still make an accurate throw without stopping. That's a great skill to have...much like having a quick release in basketball like Steph Curry.

Young
Favre
Elway

in their primes could all make those kinds of throws.

Randall Cunningham could also, he just wasn't as accurate or consistent. But he made similar kinds of throws quite often.

Warren Moon used to make a lot of big throws when he was on the move also, and he could throw it deep down the field while on the run, had a big arm, etc.

A guy like Marino...better arm and release than Rodgers.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: