Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-23-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
DADraftPRO122006
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DADraftPRO122006 has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation portland trailblazers

lucky lucky team, portland in 3,4,or 5 years might be a championship lock, they have great young players developing rapidlly. brandon roy, martelli webster(bust), zach randolph, lamarcus aldridge, and the first pick in the deepest draft in history. but i think they shouldnt get greg oden. he is the consensus first pick but they dont need him, they have zach and lamarcus inside and a big giant glaring hole at the SF positon. they need kevin durant. what do u think?
DADraftPRO122006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: portland trailblazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADraftPRO122006
lucky lucky team, portland in 3,4,or 5 years might be a championship lock, they have great young players developing rapidlly. brandon roy, martelli webster(bust), zach randolph, lamarcus aldridge, and the first pick in the deepest draft in history. but i think they shouldnt get greg oden. he is the consensus first pick but they dont need him, they have zach and lamarcus inside and a big giant glaring hole at the SF positon. they need kevin durant. what do u think?
I think the TrailBlazers need a lot of help at the 3 but not enough to pass up Oden. With Oden they would some serious interior depth. There's 96 minutes to split between the PF and C positions. Give Oden 32 mpg at the 5, Randolph 34 mpg at PF and Aldridge 30 mpg between both positions. Sounds pretty nice to me.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

ILuvThisGame has an OK reputation so far

Oden is going to need along time before he can play a full NBA game.... they were having to call timeouts for him so he could play most of the championship game.

Plus I think Webster and Miles can be decent at the 3.... Why give up on a 19 yr old and replace him with another one who is unproven. (Not to say Durant is garbage... I know he is going to be good)
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:53 PM   #4
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvThisGame
Oden is going to need along time before he can play a full NBA game.... they were having to call timeouts for him so he could play most of the championship game.

Plus I think Webster and Miles can be decent at the 3.... Why give up on a 19 yr old and replace him with another one who is unproven. (Not to say Durant is garbage... I know he is going to be good)
getting in shape only takes 2-3 months.

i think portland should pick Oden despite needing Durant more.

with Durant:

PG Jack
SG Roy
SF Durant
PF Randolph
C Aldridge

with oden:

PG Jack
SG Roy
SF webster?
PF randolph
C Oden

i think they will be more of a playoff team with Oden because you can always create off of Oden by dumping the ball down low. Durant can sometimes be just a shooter.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:22 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
getting in shape only takes 2-3 months.

i think portland should pick Oden despite needing Durant more.

with Durant:

PG Jack
SG Roy
SF Durant
PF Randolph
C Aldridge

with oden:

PG Jack
SG Roy
SF webster?
PF randolph
C Oden

i think they will be more of a playoff team with Oden because you can always create off of Oden by dumping the ball down low. Durant can sometimes be just a shooter.

Oden would be nice... Aldridge can act as a scoring spark off the bench... work on that bench and make it deeper and this team is playoff-lock... currently i don't think they are...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #6
de rong
I brick open layups

de rong has an OK reputation so far

Portland will be very good team future!
de rong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #7
scilencek
I airball my layups

scilencek has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADraftPRO122006

i think bradon roy said that too..........
they r goin to pick kevin durant
scilencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #8
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far

they'll get oden just so they can contend but they dont need him now but they will in the furture and can trade out some of they're bigs for a SF
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:29 AM   #9
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEinSD24
they'll get oden just so they can contend but they dont need him now but they will in the furture and can trade out some of they're bigs for a SF
yea im sure aldridge will get some interest maybe go for rashard lewis because sonics want a C
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

I think they take Oden, cuz then they have a few young core players 2 build around and their contracts are going 2 be relatively cheap for the next few years, and then Randolphs contract will be off the books, and then you have Aldridge and Oden and Roy still.

A player like Durant is much easier 2 find than a player like Oden, you just can't pass on a great Defensive center, who just needs more offensive moves.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #11
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

What about trading Randolph for someone like Rashard Lewis? Or Shawn Marion if the Suns really do want to move him? Loul Deng maybe? Or perhaps the Hawks want to unload one of their SF. I think Richard Jefferson and Corey Maggette have been put out there in trade rumors. There are too many good SF prospects out there to say that you need to draft Durant. What big men could you trade Randolph for? Jermaine O'Neal and Pau Gasol may be on the move, but after that maybe Brad Miller?

It just seems from the GM's comments that they want to build a "character" team, and Randolph does not seem to fit that. I think they would have much better luck landing a good swingman to go next to Roy than they would getting a good big man to go next to Aldridge.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #12
bellmic
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bellmic has an OK reputation so far

They gonna get Oden.
They have 5 picks in the draft so they can get all sorts of talent.
bellmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:18 AM   #13
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

portland won't be a championship lock in 3 years. They are very young and very taleted but to say they are a championship lock is wrong.

I think they'll draft Oden and this is the lineup.

Jack
Roy
Outlaw
Randolph
Oden

Bench: Webster, Aldridge
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:03 AM   #14
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Championship lock, not at all, will never happen in today's game. Playoff lock, yes. A title contender, yes.

Oden will be that type of player I think. Without him or Durant, they are a bubble playoff team. With Oden they are looking to be between a 1 and 6 seed every year if they keep Roy and Aldridge, with injuries taken into account for a lower seed once in a while. With Durant they are hoping to get home court, so like a 4 to 8 seed, while missing the playoffs every so often when injuries and such come up.

Basically, with Oden I think they are up there with San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix (although when Nash is gone, they will fall), and Detroit of the last few years. With Durant they are up and down some like Houston, Lakers, Clippers, Wizards, and some teams like that the last few years.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: