Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-25-2017, 04:55 PM   #31
ShawkFactory
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Official SuperBowl LI Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
drop your prediction then
I'll say 33-27 Falcons.

Pats will score on the first possession and then Brady will get hit hard a couple times and the offense will slow a little bit in the middle part of the game. Then they'll turn it on and make it close in the end with the Falcons holding on.

Falcons offense is not only skilled, but clicking right now unlike I've ever seen an NFL offense. I don't think they'll be slowed in a dome
ShawkFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:32 PM   #32
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Eagles had a hobbled T.O. and Julio has been a bit hobbled but hopefully he's ok for the SB. He's already in better condition then T.O. was leading up to that SB.

I'm hoping Atlanta takes it but they are going to have to have massive pressure on Brady. Beasley, Freeney!, Jones, they're all going to have to consistently go 200% on every play. That's the best way to mess up NE and their offensive flow. You gotta beat them and Brady up. And Julio gotta light up Butler. Antonio didn't do his job but he's not the big, physical threat that Julio is. I'm not really sure the Pats have played a team with a WR with even 80% the talent of Julio, along with the size. So this will be a tougher then normal test for Butler and it'll be interesting to see what BB does defensively to counter that issue. If he has to double Julio, then Sanu/Hooper/Coleman have to take advantage of that.

I expect NE to win 27-17. But I'm hoping ATL shocks the world and upsets them, if they do, it'll be alot low scoring then most think. I'm expecting 20-17 if ATL wins.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #33
CelticBaller
You mad?

Patriots play Cover 2. So whoever is on Julio will have safety help

Butler will probably be on Sanu.
CelticBaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:59 PM   #34
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:

Butler always matches up with a team's #1. Especially when it's one of the high profile guys. So I see him covering Julio for a majority of the game.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #35
CelticBaller
You mad?

Not all the time, Julio has crazy height on him

I'm pretty sure belichik will make him cover the #2 for most of the game, have Rowe with safety help on Julio
Old 01-26-2017, 09:10 PM   #36
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus

Quote:

Butler's going to have to make some plays on Sanu because he's not going to stop him 1 on 1

Patriots should be able to pick Ryan off at least once, he was great in the NFCCG but still made throws that a good defense would pick off, this NE defense is the best one they will face and the Falcons' D isn't going to stop Brady from getting his. They allowed the NO teams to drop 32 on them in both meetings.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #37
CelticBaller
You mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Butler's going to have to make some plays on Sanu because he's not going to stop him 1 on 1

Patriots should be able to pick Ryan off at least once, he was great in the NFCCG but still made throws that a good defense would pick off, this NE defense is the best one they will face and the Falcons' D isn't going to stop Brady from getting his. They allowed the NO teams to drop 32 on them in both meetings.
https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeGiard...12932986646528
Seems like Logan Ryan will be on sanu

So most likely it would be

Rowe/Mccourty-Jones
Ryan- Sanu
Butlers- Gabriel
Old 01-26-2017, 09:48 PM   #38
ShawkFactory
NBA lottery pick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...att-ryans-game

I think he may be taking his opponent more seriously than pats fans are.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:03 AM   #39
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...att-ryans-game

I think he may be taking his opponent more seriously than pats fans are.

I was one of the non-believers for most of this season. Perception lingers in sports, fair or not. The stink of Mike Smith was hard to wash away.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #40
ScalsFan21
Atkinson Fam Head

I just don't think the Falcons can stop them. This Bill Belichick defense is going to do a better job on ATL than the reverse. With Brady and these Pats schemes, I'm not sure the gap in offensive weapons is going to make up the difference.

I would not be surprised if the Falcons won it whatsoever, I just think Tom Brady is way too big-game to lose this one. Julio is a problem in terms of the attention he requires, but I just cannot see the Falcons holding them off for 60 minutes. He's the kind of guy who just makes one more play than you, and he's won tougher games than this one. If they can just hold off this pass rush, 1-2 of these receivers seem to work themselves open quickly every single snap...

He knows what's on the line here too. All-time QB ring count, Goodell handing him the trophy, opportunity for another dynasty before he retires, cementing his GOAT case, putting Deflategate to rest once and for all. They have the better defense and nearly as good of an offense. They should, and will, win this game.

Patriots 30, Falcons 20. ATL won't lead after halftime.
ScalsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:12 PM   #41
ShawkFactory
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
I was one of the non-believers for most of this season. Perception lingers in sports, fair or not. The stink of Mike Smith was hard to wash away.
It's understandable. If you don't watch this team every week and every year it's impossible not to think of them the way they were when they were on a similar level platform. But it's so so different.

The Falcons have been soft defensively since I've been watching them...some 15 years. It's just exciting that the script has been flipped there.

I'll try to find the quote but a couple days ago belichick said that we play a lot of different players on defense (comparing to Pittsburgh not really substituting much) and that all of them except for one or two are above average speed-wise at their position. May not seem like a lot, but when you have 12-13 of your 15 or so regulars running better than average...that adds up.

After we beat Seattle Doug Baldwin, one of the toughest guys in the league, was gushing about how hard the Falcons hit.

A fast, hard-hitting defense is tough to handle. Plus everyone is on the same page.

I can't wait to see Hogan, Edelman, or even Brady get absolutely hammered by one of these guys.

Not necessarily saying the Falcons will win but they will bringing it and the Pats will be feeling it the next day.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:22 PM   #42
CelticBaller
You mad?

Patriots are like 2nd in YAC. They're the toughest group of receivers out there.

You should watch some pat games
Old 01-27-2017, 09:25 PM   #43
AirBonner
Colorado Investigator

Quote:
Patriots are like 2nd in YAC. They're the toughest group of receivers out there.

This
AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:39 PM   #44
ShawkFactory
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

They're schematically amazing, they're smart, and they're quick.

And yes, they're tough.

But other than Denver, they haven't seen a team that can hit like this one in the secondary.

Ask Russell Wilson, ask Aaron Rodgers (specifically about Brian Poole for the both of them https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ElS9owiMK9s) . And obviously ask all of those receivers.

They're fast and they're nasty.

Now...they're young, and it remains to be seen if they're ready to contend for 60 minutes against a pretty much flawless system.

But this isn't David vs Goliath. It's Goliath vs another giant warrior that the town hasn't seen yet.

Goliath may still triumph but I think it will be a battle.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:47 PM   #45
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
They're schematically amazing, they're smart, and they're quick.

And yes, they're tough.

But other than Denver, they haven't seen a team that can hit like this one in the secondary.

Ask Russell Wilson, ask Aaron Rodgers (specifically about Brian Poole for the both of them https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ElS9owiMK9s) . And obviously ask all of those receivers.

They're fast and they're nasty.

Now...they're young, and it remains to be seen if they're ready to contend for 60 minutes against a pretty much flawless system.

But this isn't David vs Goliath. It's Goliath vs another giant warrior that the town hasn't seen yet.

Goliath may still triumph but I think it will be a battle.

Edelman is the toughest receiver in the league, if you saw him against Seattle in the SB he was taking big hits on every play and kept going. As long as Julian is healthy I believe they can make big plays, Hogan would be a huge plus if he played as well as he did in the AFCCG.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: