Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #16
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

Your right I guess. I'm just getting those pre-season, is this our year finally back in the play-offs, kinda nerves. My bad!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #17
Summit42
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Summit42 has an OK reputation so far

I would just like to add this...

I have a low tolerance for the primadona attitude especially in sports. IF (and I stresses IF) this is the case with Boozer and he does want out of Utah.

Strike one was the entire coming to Utah issue (I am sure there is still plenty going on in the Cav's Forum about this one). Strike two he possibly wants to go to a larger market. That leaves Carlos with one final chance to not go down in NBA history as a Ron Artest a**hat.

Boozer has never proven himself here with the Jazz, if anything at all he market value has decreased. Carlos needs to play at least one full season before he even considers moving to a new team. The Jazz also need to realize that with the reputation that Boozer is forming that they are going to get rock bottom for him and his primadona attitude.
Summit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #18
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit42
I would just like to add this...

I have a low tolerance for the primadona attitude especially in sports. IF (and I stresses IF) this is the case with Boozer and he does want out of Utah.

Strike one was the entire coming to Utah issue (I am sure there is still plenty going on in the Cav's Forum about this one). Strike two he possibly wants to go to a larger market. That leaves Carlos with one final chance to not go down in NBA history as a Ron Artest a**hat.

Boozer has never proven himself here with the Jazz, if anything at all he market value has decreased. Carlos needs to play at least one full season before he even considers moving to a new team. The Jazz also need to realize that with the reputation that Boozer is forming that they are going to get rock bottom for him and his primadona attitude.

Dude, go smoke some more crack. You know nothing about Carlos Boozer.

Last edited by cyco127 : 07-11-2006 at 02:33 AM.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #19
Summit42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
[/b]

Dude, go smoke some more crack. You know nothing about Carlos Boozer.

Nice Flame! you sound like every other 13 year old I have met.

Maybe you cant read, I said "IF and I stress IF".
If it is true, it will leave boozer with one last chance in the NBA.

Dont sit around on your alaska high horse thinking boozer to didnt lie to a blind man about the renewal of his contact and turn around a day later and sign with the jazz.

I am glad to have him here, as long has he will play.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:32 AM   #20
cyco127
Local High School Star

HEY! Why don't YOU go read the part of your post that I highlighted.
I do not sit on a high horse in Alaska. Yeah, I sound 13. uh huh. I'm not the one who believes everything I read in the paper.

And, so just as ya know: I DID go to school with Carlos Boozer and I DO know just what kind of a person he really is. So I'll say it again: You know nothing about Carlos Boozer.

oh yeah, I was never disputing 'Los bolting Cleveland. They should have never tried to lowball him.

Last edited by cyco127 : 07-11-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #21
hardfoul
I brick open layups

hardfoul has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
HEY! Why don't YOU go read the part of your post that I highlighted.
I do not sit on a high horse in Alaska. Yeah, I sound 13. uh huh. I'm not the one who believes everything I read in the paper.

And, so just as ya know: I DID go to school with Carlos Boozer and I DO know just what kind of a person he really is. So I'll say it again: You know nothing about Carlos Boozer.

The local press here seems to emphasize that he's very 'distant'. You really don't know what he's thinking and I believe that contributes to a lot of the trade rumors. Do you think he's happy to be with the Jazz? (Personally, I wouldn't care where I worked if I made that kind of money and played for a job.)
hardfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:34 AM   #22
cyco127
Local High School Star

Okay, so everyone assumes that because he came from Alaska that Utah's climate wouldn't bother him too much. Well maybe he's tired of it. Maybe he'd rather live in the sun... To me that has little to do with wanting to play for Utah. Really, if there's a primadonna it's CeCe Boozer. I can't stand her. But hey, I'm not married to her.
Oh yeah, Hardfoul, do you really believe that negative hackwork that Munson and Krapthorpe write on a regular basis? And yes, I'd happy play for Antarctica for 11 mill per year.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #23
hardfoul
I brick open layups

Quote:
Okay, so everyone assumes that because he came from Alaska that Utah's climate wouldn't bother him too much. Well maybe he's tired of it. Maybe he'd rather live in the sun... To me that has little to do with wanting to play for Utah.

We're definitely not lacking in sun here. I'm sure it'll be in the mid-90s today. There's even a fair amount of beach with all the man-made lakes and things. I don't think they've even really lived here, to be honest. No skin off my teeth.

Quote:
Really, if there's a primadonna it's CeCe Boozer. I can't stand her. But hey, I'm not married to her.

That's kinda my take on the situation also. Given the same situation, (if my wife was 'unhappy' with the 'host' city) I'd probably buy somewhere else too.

Quote:
Oh yeah, Hardfoul, do you really believe that negative hackwork that Munson and Krapthorpe write on a regular basis?

Ummmm..... No. Not really. I figured since you actually knew him you could give some actual insight instead of what we are spoon fed by the media.

Quote:
And yes, I'd happy play for Antarctica for 11 mill per year.

Wouldn't we all.

I think the guy can play and hope he works hard this year. This could be a really fun year to be a Jazz fan. Improvement from last year will have to be measured carefully though. I don't think the group is really ready to win 55 games, but I'd love to see them in the higher 40s.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #24
Summit42

Do you really this that Wally Szerbiak and Carlos Boozer or even on the same level?
This type of offer is proof that Carlos is losing his value as a player in the NBA.

I like Boozer alot, I just want him to produce like we all know he is capable of. IF he does want out of Utah, I hope at least he will play 100% (like he did at the end of last season) so he can incress his value and we are not stuck with a Wally Szerbiak.

As far as wifes go... geezzz..... tell me about it.
At least mine loves cold weather.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #25
Seldom.Seen

Seldom.Seen has an OK reputation so far

Okay. so let's nail down what we can state. Carlos did pull a quick one in Cleveland, regardless if he was felt that he was "undervalued" or not. Carlos did get hurt, and spent an awful lot of time being hurt, sitting at his house in LA. Utah is notorious as the place NBA players would least like to play. And I can say that mid-year, during a half-time interview with Boozer, I watched him dance around the question of whether or not he wanted to be in Utah like Ali in a boxing ring. Clearly this all adds up to make Jazz fans nervous.

Has this damaged his reputation as a player, and has it affected his value? Probably not yet, but there's certainly opportunity there for it to happen. I hope that Boozer comes out with the same intensity that was building back up towards the last part of the year.

You know, cyco127, the part of your response to summit that got me was the "You know nothing about Carlos Boozer" part. That's exactly right. We as Utah fans, don't know anything about Boozer. We haven't gotten much of an opportunity to know him. I don't think that's as much our fault as his.
Seldom.Seen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:19 PM   #26
cyco127
Local High School Star

Okay. What ya'll need to realize about Carlos is that he IS NOT about being in the limelight. He's a quiet, shy kid from poedunk Alaska, population 32,000.
He's not about camera's and media coverage. He's a pretty regular type guy. I wish you could get to know him...
Old 07-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #27
hardfoul
I brick open layups

Quote:
Okay. What ya'll need to realize about Carlos is that he IS NOT about being in the limelight. He's a quiet, shy kid from poedunk Alaska, population 32,000.
He's not about camera's and media coverage. He's a pretty regular type guy. I wish you could get to know him...

That's kinda how I read him. I'm kinda thinking he realizes this is a BUSINESS and he really doesn't have to like where he lives or what team he plays for. He works for a large multinational corporation (the NBA) that has 30 divisions. He's been assigned to a division that he 'might' not appreciate, but if he works hard (which I think he's totally capable of as demonstrated by the last 30 games of 2005-2006 season) he'll either get moved to a division he 'likes' or his current division will be successful and he won't care that he's not where he 'wants' to be.

It seems like he's a good fit for the Jazz. Guys that work hard are totally rewarded under Jerry Sloan with playing time.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #28
The Real GM

The Real GM has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation

The Jazz should give Boozer one more chance. He fills a role that no one else can fill on that roster. He's a banger and plays inside at all times. Utah played very well at the end of the year, when he was in the lineup. The Jazz have been very busy this off-season and look dedicated to winning. They re-signed Harpring, who is tough and the heat of the team. He's also a good shooter. They also acquired Fisher, who gives them shooting and will play combo guard off the bench. He's also an experienced winner. They drafted Brewer who is versatile and was a solid defender in college. They now must sign one or two reserves underneath and they will be set. There have been rumors floating about signing Sogaulia or Van Horn. They also are pondering over re-signing Collins. He's a solid resolve, but should not be paid for.(2.5-3million at most) I know Boozer has been dissapointing thus far and he low-balled Cleveland, but when healthy he's very productive. Utah should keep their roster as it is now next year, with the exception of signing around 1-2 reserve big men. If they do, I see them winning the division and making the playoffs.
The Real GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:12 PM   #29
Summit42

Quote:

This is the type of player that we love here in Utah.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #30
cyco127
Local High School Star

[quote=Summit42]This is the type of player that we love here in Utah.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. But it sure seems like some Jazz fans expect him to hold weekly interviews updating them on his current level of happiness within the State of Utah.

Why would a guy who gets consistantly ripped by the media want to do inteviews anyway?... I don't blame him(or anyone for thar matter) for just wanting to keep quiet and enjoy the summer. After all, it isthe off season. Maybe He's just too busy working in the gym to talk too the media...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: