Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-24-2007, 02:29 AM   #1
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Sometimes We Forget...

Wow I was looking at this and even though I watched so many of his games live back then sometimes we forget why they called him Magic..
Screw M. Jordan and his stats... Our MJ was the best....

http://www.**********.com/video-best-of-magic/
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:38 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sometimes We Forget...

lemme make it easier.

Best All around player - Jordan
Best PG ever - Magic
Best Rebounder/Defender - Bill Russel
Best Shooter ever - Larry Bird
Best all around Big man ever - Kareem/Wilt tied.

agree?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Magic was unlike any player I have ever seen play... unfortunately for many of you, you have never seen him play live.

He had a charisma and eneregy on the court that went way beyond the stat sheet. I always remembered thinking to myself how wonderful it was to watch Magic and I did realize at the time that it was something special that would not last forever, even though I wanted it to.

No other player has impacted me in this way. That is not to say that other players are not great, like Jordan, Bird, etc... but Magic had that extra something that I have just not seen anywhere since.

I don't think my words do him justice.

EDIT*made grammar corrections :)

Last edited by SoCalMike : 05-24-2007 at 01:05 PM.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
Arrigo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Arrigo has an OK reputation so far

I grew up in the 80's and "SHOWTIME" with Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Scott, Wilkes, Thompson, Rambis, Woolridge, Drew, Green, McAdoo and of course the great Chick Hern.

That being said, Magic, to me, is the 2nd greatest player to play the game, behind Jordan. Magic's is BY FAR the best PG tom play the game, but MJ was the greatest player ever (even tough IF Kobe can win a few titles w/o Shaq, he may start to garner som consideration as well).
Arrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:19 PM   #5
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

There was a small documentary on Magic maybe a couple of years ago. It was entitled something like "in his own eyes" or "in his own words" I can't remember nor find what it was called. But it was awesome. If someone could find it on youtube or something I'd be stoked. Talking about how they'd get Worthy all fired up in the game. "Don't give it to 'em James!" and talking about the other team "you in trah-boh"

Soo much fun simply listening to him talk.

And yeah, I remember watching showtime in the 80's as well. However, I was definately too young to really appreciate what he brought to the game.

And Socal is right, there was absolutely no denying that extra something he brought to the games. He combined flash with class.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
Arrigo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Arrigo has an OK reputation so far

Magic may have been the most instictive player to ever play the game. He seen things, and moved the ball way before anyone else was awair of it.

The "PERFECT" starting 5

Magic
Jordan
Bird
Russell
Abdul-Jabbar

Next 4 off the bench

Chamberlain
West
Erving
Roberson
Arrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Magic loved to play basketball, i always felt that magic was never about being the best player ever, but being the best he could be on the best team...
Old 05-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1sterb
There was a small documentary on Magic maybe a couple of years ago. It was entitled something like "in his own eyes" or "in his own words" I can't remember nor find what it was called. But it was awesome. If someone could find it on youtube or something I'd be stoked. Talking about how they'd get Worthy all fired up in the game. "Don't give it to 'em James!" and talking about the other team "you in trah-boh"

Soo much fun simply listening to him talk.

And yeah, I remember watching showtime in the 80's as well. However, I was definately too young to really appreciate what he brought to the game.

And Socal is right, there was absolutely no denying that extra something he brought to the games. He combined flash with class.
yeah the show your talking about is a fox sports west series... and i think it's your second choice "in his own words"
Old 05-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Magic loved to play basketball, i always felt that magic was never about being the best player ever, but being the best he could be on the best team...

The other thing about Magic is that he was so unselfish... he was all about winning and did not care if he did not get his touches... Few players are like that in the NBA today based on how the CBA is defined, player agents, etc...

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #10
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
The other thing about Magic is that he was so unselfish... he was all about winning and did not care if he did not get his touches... Few players are like that in the NBA today based on how the CBA is defined, player agents, etc...
your right on point there, he knew 2 points from an assist was just as valuble to his game in the short run and more valuble in the long run...
after a couple of seasons of no look passes and impossible plays his game opened up because no defender had a clue what was coming, he could fake people out just with a nod of his head....lol

sigh... if kobe had this mentality with his skills we'd be watching the complete destruction of the NBA
Old 05-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #11
playamade_meskin
I airball my layups

playamade_meskin has an OK reputation so far

I believe till they day i die that i will always argue Magic is the better all-around player!

Better than jordan! No one has ever been able to convince me otherwise. To average than many assist and points at the same time and his athleticism and the amount of chamipionships in his short career is incredible. Even one on one in both their primes it would be tough because magic gots the height advantage and hook shot over mike.

Don't you just hate "IF" questions lol???? We prolly wont ever know for sure but its still fun arguin aobut it
playamade_meskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:03 PM   #12
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by playamade_meskin
I believe till they day i die that i will always argue Magic is the better all-around player!

Better than jordan! No one has ever been able to convince me otherwise. To average than many assist and points at the same time and his athleticism and the amount of chamipionships in his short career is incredible. Even one on one in both their primes it would be tough because magic gots the height advantage and hook shot over mike.

Don't you just hate "IF" questions lol???? We prolly wont ever know for sure but its still fun arguin aobut it
your not going to get alot of argument from me that's for sure...if i could have one player from the entire history of the NBA on our team now to play alongside kobe it would be magic...what a one two punch that would make
Old 05-24-2007, 04:05 PM   #13
playamade_meskin
I airball my layups

playamade_meskin has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Magic was unlike any player I have ever seen play... unfortunately for many of you, you have never seen him play live.

He had a charisma and eneregy on the court that went way beyond the stat sheet. I always remembered thinking to myself how wonderful it was to watch Magic and I did realize at the time that it was something special that would not last forever, even though I wanted it to.

No other player has impacted me in this way. That is not to say that other players are not great, like Jordan, Bird, etc... but Magic had that extra something that I have just not seen anywhere since.

I don't think my words do him justice.

EDIT*made grammar corrections :)

Excatly for me too!!!! Words don't do him justice. Magic completly changed my life as far as what i wanted to do. Becaues of magic i wanted to play ball my whole life and i worked so hard to play first mid-school, then high school, then college. its crazy i wonder if i wouldve loved this game so much if I had never seen magic play ball
playamade_meskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #14
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Lol you seriously think Magic Johnson is better than Michael Jordan?

Michael Jordan has effin 6 rings
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #15
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
Lol you seriously think Magic Johnson is better than Michael Jordan?

Michael Jordan has effin 6 rings

HIV!!

Little KId!!

BUT,

Have no fear Magic is here!!!
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: