Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 07-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #1
MFFL
I airball my layups

MFFL has an OK reputation so far
Default Daniels' Traded!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....2c5580ec.html

This is a sad day for me.:rollingeyes: I think Daniels' had so much potential. He almost won that last game for us.

This Austin guy better be good!!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

Daniels will show people what he's really got in his new home. I'm sad to see him go, but it was a good move. No need to resign van horn now since croshere is a comparable player, and we picked up Ager, so Daniels' inflated contract becomes much less attractive.

New Roster:
PG - Mike James/Harris/Armstrong
SG - Terry/Ager
SF - Howard/Stack/Pops Mensah-Bonsu
PF - Dirk/Croshere
C - Damp/Diop/Mbenga

Oh yeah, and I'm predicting that they are going to sign Pops Mensah-Bonsu as well, you will see.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
MFFL
I airball my layups

MFFL has an OK reputation so far

^Yeah, I've been hearing his name.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #4
PacersForever
I Hit Open Layups

PacersForever has an OK reputation so far
Default Austin will be missed around here

Just wanted to assure all you Mavericks fans that you're getting a talented player, but even more than that, a true professional.

Austin had been with the Pacers for a long time, and the year before Jermaine O'Neal arrived, it looked like he was going to be a big part of this team's future. I still remember the sound of Laker fans responding in shock as Austin came out of nowhere to rain 3's down upon their supposedly easy road to the championship, giving the Pacers a real chance which they took to 6 games.

But I think my fondest memory of Austin was watching him play late last year, when he'd come off the bench for the first time all game, to close out what had been a rout of a listless and uninspired Pacers team. Our fans were very upset and confused at the time about the sort of play we'd been seeing out of our starters, who had clearly given up on this one about a full quarter before they were yanked. So out comes Austin, with the other reserves, and it was like someone had flipped a switch and turned on, well, a game. He was crashing to the boards on every rebound, bodying guys out of the way, racing down to the other end to set up at the line and nail a tre...I remember there was a loose ball, and he raced after that and dove on the ball before anyone else had decided whether they wanted to or not, and as he got up, red faced and sweating and so much more alive than any of our guys I'd seen that night, I knew that above anyone else we have I'd want this guy to be here next year.

If he was disheartened that he never became a full time starter for this team, he never showed it. Austin was dedicated to being prepared, ready to come in whenever needed and create that spark. He played through a series of concussions last year until he was told that in doing so he might end his career. Fear not... you're going to love this guy, and hopefully you'll be able to resign him next year and let him finish his career with a great team in the Mavs.
PacersForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Exclamation

Croshere does play tough hes great coming off the bench....and heck yes i think dallas should definetly sign POPS hes a great athlete and runs the floor well, pretty strong too. comparison: POPS=Darius Miles
he'll definetly be great off the bench when stack is done.
look for the mavs in the west finals again, against PHOENIX!!! rarrghh oh and i ''gurantee'' a 7 game series this time!!!!

excep phx takes it and wins in 6 over cleveland!
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #6
Nowitzness53
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Nowitzness53 has an OK reputation so far
Cool 'quisy Moves On

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
[url]http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070606dnspomavstrade.2c5580ec.html[/Quisy asked for the trade because he knew that he didn't fit into Avery's system. Not a 1 or a 2, great guy but Mo will get his minutes AND IF THEY LAND MIKE JAMES THEN THERE ARE ZERO MINUTES. We had to have a one year replacement for Van Horn and Croshere will do the trick for 15-20 minutes a game.

This is a sad day for me.:rollingeyes: I think Daniels' had so much potential. He almost won that last game for us.

This Austin guy better be good!!

Quisy asked for the trade because he knew that he didn't fit into Avery's system. Not a 1 or a 2, great guy but Mo will get his minutes AND IF THEY LAND MIKE JAMES THEN THERE ARE ZERO MINUTES. We had to have a one year replacement for Van Horn and Croshere will do the trick for 15-20 minutes a game.
Nowitzness53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #7
Dat1
I brick open layups

Dat1 has an OK reputation so far

How can the mavs be so stupid
Dat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:10 AM   #8
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

dumb trade i agree ..croshere is washed up like Vanhorn
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #9
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

they way miami played in the playoffs, i bet theyre going to use Dirk at PF and Croshere at C...this will mess up many teams defense, because Croshere and Dirk are capable of hitting the 3, centers like shaq cant play players out on the perimeter
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #10
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

The mavs tried small for the last 6 years, it doesn't work, ala raef lafrence, antoine walker, juan howard, christian latener... do i really need to go on?

Its a nice idea but shaq shooting 65% over a smaller player will beat that player shooting 45% from the field every time. Not to mention that smaller defender will be out in the first quarter trying to stop the deisel in the post.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #11
AndDru1

AndDru1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Don't be so Hastey (or however you spell it)

Don't be so Hasty, the Mavs have the best scouts in the league, they did pick up Howard in the end of the 2nd round, and Daniels was an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE and they still got him. They know what they're doing.
Granted Daniels was a great talent, I loved the guy, I've been telling my dad since Avery took over that Daniels was good. We finally got to see it, in the playoffs. But still, maybe they scouted this new rookie this year and found out he was even better than Daniels. IDK, but what I do know is Avery wouldn't play him, and if he'll play Croshere than thats already and upgrade. Before you go bashing Avery for not playing him, like you were bashing the Mavs for trading Daniels, maybe Daniels has some problems that we dont know about, much like the Quincy Carter situation , I thought it was a stupid trade at the time, and I still do, but we should be more worried about the Cowboys. Bledsoe is old and makes bad decisions, and neither Romo nor Henson are starting quality players. We need linemen but we wait until the 6th and 7th rounds to get them, if they were drafted that late thats not exactly an endorsement to their talent. We also need a good running back, Jones is ok and Barber is ok, but neither of them say Cowboys Running Back in their performance. Maybe Tyson Thompson will turn out to be our guy, but we should've taken Lendale White, he's gonna end up being the best RB in this draft, you just wait and see. TO is an improvement to Keshawn he has all the talents of Keshawn but can be a deep threat as well. And our Defense should be even better than last year with the young guys getting better and our additions we've made this offseason. Anyways, I know this is a basketball website so I'll just end it at that, but lay off on the mavs, Avery is way better than Don Nelson ever was, and we still have Dirk, Howard, and Terry. If we should do anything this summer, we should trade a few of our other peices and get Darren Howard of Orlando before he becomes the Star that he's gonna be,

Anyways no reason to fret, We still have Dampier .
AndDru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:33 AM   #12
Pointguard01
I airball my layups

Pointguard01 has an OK reputation so far

ok?
Pointguard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #13
AndDru1

AndDru1 has an OK reputation so far
Default hehe

lol, maybe that was a little long.
AndDru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #14
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Not long at all AndDru. If you've got something to say, say it. I'd rather see a decent post talking hoops than a one liner complaining about Cuban. Keep it up.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #15
unknownsidhu

unknownsidhu has an OK reputation so far

I didn't like this trade when I first heard about it, but I guess its one of those trades that benifet both teams. Daniels is an excellent player, and will probobly develop into an even better player through some more time. However with Austin on the Mavs now, they may choose not to sign Van Horn again, especially with his huge contract.
unknownsidhu is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: