Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 05-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
Pyro
Banned

Pyro has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Amare To The Bulls ???

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=315828

The NBA draft lottery didn't do much to alter the Bulls' universe.

They own the No. 9 pick of the first round, as expected, while the league's newest stars, Greg Oden and Kevin Durant, will pass through town just once per season.

Locally, the lottery was a success only for someone who takes pleasure in watching Boston sports fans suffer. Not only did the Celtics end up with the No. 5 pick, they had to watch Portland rookie of the year Brandon Roy -- a player Boston general manager Danny Ainge essentially traded for overrated prodigy Sebastian Telfair -- unfurl the No. 1 Blazers jersey that Oden will wear next season. Or Durant.

In theory, this could set up some trade possibilities for the Bulls, though the odds are against any sort of big-splash deal.

Since Portland won the first overall pick, an obvious question is whether adding Oden or Durant means the Blazers will look to trade 6-foot-9 power forward Zach Randolph.

With Portland and Seattle owning Nos. 1 and 2 in the NBA draft, Bulls fans may be thinking Zach Randolph could be had in a trade. Do't bet on it. (Associated Press Photo)

If they do, consider the Bulls interested. A year ago, that probably wasn't the case, since Randolph had several brushes with the law, and general manager John Paxson is choosy about the kind of characters he allows in the locker room.

But now that the Bulls' braintrust feels the team is close to becoming a championship contender, they are willing to take a chance. They no doubt watched with envy as Rasheed Wallace helped close out the second-round playoff series against Detroit. If only the Bulls could land a troubled former Trail Blazer of their own.

Realistically, though, it's difficult to imagine why Portland would feel much need to trade Randolph. The 25-year-old is coming off the best season of his career (23.6 points, 10.1 rebounds).

Randolph is owed $61 million over the next four years, but the Blazers already solved most of their payroll problems. Chances are, there won't be a Randolph fire sale like there was for Wallace three years ago.

That brings us to Seattle, the team with the No. 2 pick. It was mentioned here a few weeks ago that the Bulls would be interested in swapping their draft pick for power forward Nick Collison (9.6 points, 8.1 rebounds), Kirk Hinrich's former roommate at Kansas.

But if the Sonics end up with Durant, a more likely scenario could be allowing Rashard Lewis to leave as a free agent while keeping the rest of their big men.

Seattle does have payroll issues and is already stuck with Ray Allen's $52 million contract for the next three years. Orlando has the cap space to pursue Lewis, so maybe the Sonics try to orchestrate a sign-and-trade deal to get Darko Milicic from the Magic.

There are rumors that Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire could be on the block because chemistry problems were mentioned when the Suns lost to San Antonio. Stoudemire is a risky proposition, though, since he's had microfracture knee surgery. Last season went fine, but what about the next four years on his contract?

The Bulls may not get very far with their trade bait of the No. 9 pick, Chris Duhon, Viktor Khryapa and maybe a sign-and-trade with Andres Nocioni, who would have to agree to any deal. The Bulls were more willing to part with Tyrus Thomas in February than they are now.

Paxson's assertion that a Kirk Hinrich-Ben Gordon backcourt isn't ideal size-wise shouldn't raise any red flags. But it was hard not to read between the lines when Paxson suggested Hinrich spend more time in the weight room, and coach Scott Skiles' praise for the team's hard-working young players stopped at Gordon and Luol Deng.

Hinrich is by no means lazy. But while Gordon and Deng took giant leaps forward last season, Hinrich still hasn't equaled his rookie assist average of 6.8. The Bulls probably feel Hinrich could do more to make himself a great player and may consider offering the fourth-year guard in a trade, but that's still a long shot.

The Bulls got some bad news Wednesday when Georgetown center Roy Hibbert announced he would pull out of the draft and return to school. The pool of big men is smaller without Hibbert, but the Bulls still figure to have a decent shot at Washington 7-footer Spencer Hawes at No. 9.

Hawes needs to get stronger, but his best asset right now is a nice array of post moves. And isn't that what the Bulls need most, some interior offense?

Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation
Default Re: Amare To The Bulls ???

do you have to post it 3 times???

can you just summarize it and tell me who for who??? words give me the headaches...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

I think the Bulls and Blazers could look at something like giving up Deng for Randolph, And the Bulls would have Nocioni still.

The Blazers would get some experience.

But I thought it was Marion who was the name to be rumored 2 be out of Phoenix, not Amare??

Who is going to be on the team when Nash is run down in the next 2 years?? Would Marion be the face of the franchise or Amare, or do they break down completely and just rebuild??

The Suns are gonna be in trouble in 3 years.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:45 PM   #4
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2007Champs
I think the Bulls and Blazers could look at something like giving up Deng for Randolph, And the Bulls would have Nocioni still.

The Blazers would get some experience.

But I thought it was Marion who was the name to be rumored 2 be out of Phoenix, not Amare??

Who is going to be on the team when Nash is run down in the next 2 years?? Would Marion be the face of the franchise or Amare, or do they break down completely and just rebuild??

The Suns are gonna be in trouble in 3 years.

^^^^ Well this is quite possibly the dumbest thing i've ever heard. I'm assuming that your saying this because you think Steve Nash will be declining as of next year? Well let me tell you something, the style of basketball Nash plays really has intense no physical aspect to it at all. If anything his creative passing will only get better (I mean how could it get worse?) The only part of Steve's game I could see being affected would be his penetration but everything else will get better.

Another thing "Would Marion be the face of the franchise or Amare" Why couldn't Amare be the face of a franchise? At some point he will be. What you don't realize is the fact that Amare Stoudemire is one of the most DOMINANT centers in the game. Maybe he didn't make that clear after the numbers he averaged after recovering from microfracture surgery to play perhaps the most strenuous type of basketball with the Phoenix Suns?

And one more thing, i'm sick and tired of all these god damn doctors stating all this stuff about Amare, like he has four more years of high class basketball. You know what? That is complete bull****. After all these so called experts went on and on about how Amare would never be the same and how his career is over, Why in God's name should I trust another one of these "Experts" with his professional analysis of how a superstar will be in four years?

Do me a favor don't tell me my team is in trouble.
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

You are getting a little over excited about my reply aren't you??

I was saying he has about 2 more good years 2 run the Suns team in this manner, with them only having 7-8 guys that D'Antoni plays on a regular basis, and Phoe doesn't have an actul PG backup, and don't say Barbosa, he is more of a SG, there isn't someone to run the ball up and down the court controlling the pace of the game like Nash, and I'm saying after 2 more seasons he won't be able to play at this high MVP level that he has been playing at for the past 3 seasons, especially with his back pains, and no one 2 relieve him every night. I don't see how you don't think running like they do won't wear someone down, and how do you say that is not intense?? You are an idiot if you don't think that is intense and taxnig on your body, if so then you must be a couch potatoe, running as much as PHX runs that taxing on the body, and for 100+ games a year, oh yes Nash will be worn down in 2 years, you haven't seen him having more back pains as compared to 2 years ago.

NJ has Marcus Williams as a backup type thing, J Kidd is getting older but has a younger player 2 sub in. I think PHX should have kept your Pick last year that you sent to Portland, Sergio Rodriguez, especially with the style PHX plays, he's a quick pass 1st PG, he may not be Nash, but he could have thrived in PHX style of play.

I ask that question about who would be the face of the franchise Marion or Amare, cuz this thread was started talking about Amare being traded which I think would be the wrong move, all teams need that dominant center, and PHX has Amare, I agree he is great, and he proved the doubters wrong by coming back strong after his surgery, and you are right about the doctors, his game isn't just dunking and alley oops, he has a mid range game now, and it will only get better, him and Dwight Howard are the best young centers in the NBA now.

but now you contradict yourself by saying that the style that Nash plays, which is the way the Phoenix Suns play is not intense or physical at all, but then you say that Amare came back from his surgery while playing in one of the most strenuous styles with the Phoenix Suns.

Maybe I didn't make my statements clear, but you either don't know what you are talking about, or you didn't word your statements right, 1 paragraph the Suns don't play a physical or intense style with Nash, and now Amare plays the most strenuous style with the Suns, CONTRADICTION.

I was asking a question, cuz he's talking about Amare being traded, and I said I thought it was Marion, so I was asking what is Phoenix going to do in 2-3 years, is Amare going to be the young guy they build around, or do they trade Amare and keep Marion, cuz they can't keep Nash, Amare, and Marion for the next year, that's 2 much money, cuz they need 2 get some help on that bench.

I believe they build more around Nash and Amare, with Amare being the guy they keep until 2015, and get something for Marion now, add a backup PG, get another big man, Kurt Thomas isn't gonna cut it, Diaw had a great year 2 years ago.

I hope I explained myself better, but I'm sure you are gonna come back mad with your reply.

Last edited by Cavs2007Champs : 05-28-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:44 PM   #6
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2007Champs
You are getting a little over excited about my reply aren't you??

I was saying he has about 2 more good years 2 run the Suns team in this manner, with them only having 7-8 guys that D'Antoni plays on a regular basis, and Phoe doesn't have an actul PG backup, and don't say Barbosa, he is more of a SG, there isn't someone to run the ball up and down the court controlling the pace of the game like Nash, and I'm saying after 2 more seasons he won't be able to play at this high MVP level that he has been playing at for the past 3 seasons, especially with his back pains, and no one 2 relieve him every night. I don't see how you don't think running like they do won't wear someone down, and how do you say that is not intense?? You are an idiot if you don't think that is intense and taxnig on your body, if so then you must be a couch potatoe, running as much as PHX runs that taxing on the body, and for 100+ games a year, oh yes Nash will be worn down in 2 years, you haven't seen him having more back pains as compared to 2 years ago.

NJ has Marcus Williams as a backup type thing, J Kidd is getting older but has a younger player 2 sub in. I think PHX should have kept your Pick last year that you sent to Portland, Sergio Rodriguez, especially with the style PHX plays, he's a quick pass 1st PG, he may not be Nash, but he could have thrived in PHX style of play.

I ask that question about who would be the face of the franchise Marion or Amare, cuz this thread was started talking about Amare being traded which I think would be the wrong move, all teams need that dominant center, and PHX has Amare, I agree he is great, and he proved the doubters wrong by coming back strong after his surgery, and you are right about the doctors, his game isn't just dunking and alley oops, he has a mid range game now, and it will only get better, him and Dwight Howard are the best young centers in the NBA now.

but now you contradict yourself by saying that the style that Nash plays, which is the way the Phoenix Suns play is not intense or physical at all, but then you say that Amare came back from his surgery while playing in one of the most strenuous styles with the Phoenix Suns.

Maybe I didn't make my statements clear, but you either don't know what you are talking about, or you didn't word your statements right, 1 paragraph the Suns don't play a physical or intense style with Nash, and now Amare plays the most strenuous style with the Suns, CONTRADICTION.

I was asking a question, cuz he's talking about Amare being traded, and I said I thought it was Marion, so I was asking what is Phoenix going to do in 2-3 years, is Amare going to be the young guy they build around, or do they trade Amare and keep Marion, cuz they can't keep Nash, Amare, and Marion for the next year, that's 2 much money, cuz they need 2 get some help on that bench.

I believe they build more around Nash and Amare, with Amare being the guy they keep until 2015, and get something for Marion now, add a backup PG, get another big man, Kurt Thomas isn't gonna cut it, Diaw had a great year 2 years ago.

I hope I explained myself better, but I'm sure you are gonna come back mad with your reply.

Nah, im good now lol. Geez nice post.
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
run&gun
I airball my layups

run&gun has an OK reputation so far

trading amare would be suicidal
run&gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:33 AM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

i would like to see the Suns sign Jason Kidd to back-up Nashie once his contract is over... i suppose that is in 3+ years time?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:49 AM   #9
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by run&gun
trading amare would be suicidal

Your name is borderline plagiurism!

The Suns plethora of huge contracts is slightly disconcerting.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: