Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
Bishop
I brick open layups

Default Can You Imagine This Lineup??

I truly believe it would be the fastest lineup in the league..

AI
Carney
Iggy
Hunter
Dalembert

Now, I'm not saying it would be the best, but with those five on the court, no team would out run us.. That would be solid defense as well.. Carney/Iggy/AI terrorizing the passing lanes, while Hunter/Dalembert block shots left and right..

Each of them would need to adjust a few things:
1. AI would need to trust his teammates and dish the ball to them..
2. Dalembert would have to at least catch 2 or 3 passes without dropping them..
3. Iggy would have to take it to the hole, as opposed to be way too passive..
4. Carney needs to improve his handles to be a valid SG, because he'll get a lot of touches..
5. Hunter would need to crash the boards more.. Show us what he showed us after the attempted trade fell through..

If Webber is still here (which I'm sure he will be) limit his minutes.. Yeah, his 20/10 is nice, but his defense basically cancels his numbers out.. He's a liability on defense..

Then off the bench:
PG - Ollie/L. Williams..
SG - Green
SF - Korver/Jones
PF - Randolph
Not the best bench by far, but capable of getting us some baskets.. Ollie would set a tempo as well as distribute like a veteran PG should.. Green would take it to the hole (wouldn't pass, but we know that).. Korver would do what he does best.. Randolph is one of our best hustlers..

Last edited by Bishop : 07-06-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
Bishop
I brick open layups

And keep in mind, this is just with the players we have now.. And a solid PF/C to the roster via Free Agency, or a sign-and-trade with Salmons, we'd be alright.. Not a championship team, but if running on all cylinders, I see no reason why the sixers couldn't get a decent spot in the playoffs.. Only thing that could hold us back, seeing as how our divsion stacks up, is Boston dramatically improving, and/or New Jersey landing a solid big man to fit in with their threesome.. Those are the two teams that would keep us from getting a top 3 spot in the playoffs if they still use the same bracket system they used last year, with the division champions taking the top 3 spots..
Old 07-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

That would be a great lineup to put on the floor. Last year we didnt have that option but yea, the Sixers would be able to run with the best of them. If AI does trust his teammates, which i know he can, he could get them easy baskets. The bench is still what concerns me though. The backup for the backcourt is pretty much set but im still looking forward to additions to shore up our frontcourt. MLE and Salmons are what they have right now and im getting a little impatient that King isnt getting anything done.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #4
Bishop
I brick open layups

NBAFAN, please don't mention/type/think Billy King's name where it will show up on my computer screen.....lol.. I never really cared for him before, but now I just straight up despise the dude.. Everybody's making things happen but us.. Granted, who really knows what's going on behind the scenes, but I assume he's cooking up a deal we'll all hate..

But you're right though, our bench isn't much, at all.. One savior is that if AI is still here, he'll be on the floor all game.. If we limit Webber's minutes, we should have a fresh PF on the floor at all times..
Old 07-06-2006, 01:23 PM   #5
mln03
I airball my layups

I don't think it is wise to have ai on the floor the whole game. He is 30-something years old, not to mention he plays the game real hard. When you're 165 lbs that takes it's toll pretty quickly. I want him healthy IF they were to make the playoffs. If you have to use ai to the max just to get to the playoffs, it's not worth it. He'll have nothing left. Same goes for C-Webb. They both need to be 100% for the playoffs to even have a chance
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
Bishop
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln03
I don't think it is wise to have ai on the floor the whole game. He is 30-something years old, not to mention he plays the game real hard. When you're 165 lbs that takes it's toll pretty quickly. I want him healthy IF they were to make the playoffs. If you have to use ai to the max just to get to the playoffs, it's not worth it. He'll have nothing left. Same goes for C-Webb. They both need to be 100% for the playoffs to even have a chance

I understand.. Thing about Iverson is, he's been doing this for 10+ years and still shows no sign of slowing down, but I know it's only a matter of time.. But MLN03, going by what you said, if Iverson would adjust his game, just a little, by doing a little more distributing as opposed to mostly driving to the hole, taking hard fouls every play, his game/energy would last a bit longer..

Although I love the fact that he goes hard all night, every night, he should realize that for the benefit of the team, he has to share to scoring load some.. It would help himself, and the team.. I'd rather have AI average 27/10 than 33/7.. Those almost add up to the same amount of points for the team..
Old 07-08-2006, 09:45 AM   #7
douglaspuckett12
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Problem with your lineup is not a player other than iverson can hit a 15 ft. jumpshot. Runnig is great, but the best running teams always have great shooters trailing behind.
douglaspuckett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #8
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

Carney's suppose to be a shooter from the 3pt line. But yea i know what you're saying. Hopefully Iguodala improved on his jumpshot.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #9
Bishop
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglaspuckett12
Problem with your lineup is not a player other than iverson can hit a 15 ft. jumpshot. Runnig is great, but the best running teams always have great shooters trailing behind.

Oh I know.. Main thing I'm looking at is the defense aspect..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: