Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-12-2017, 07:24 AM   #526
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Default Re: 2017 Off Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
ICYMI

How does it feel to be as self righteous as you can be yet cheer for a franchise with the most scumbags in the history of the sport?

Mexico's Team in with the Cartel

Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:21 AM   #527
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
?

he was found guilty of nothing at all

Zeke is Ray Rice, without the punch

without the video*
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:46 AM   #528
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Not a fan of these punishments without evidence. The big difference between the Rice situation and Elliot's is that it's an established fact that Rice slugged his wife whereas the investigators that looked into the Elliot claims concluded there was conflicting information and not enough evidence. This is one woman making all five claims and given the fact that here stories were deemed meritless by the authorities the NFL isn't justified in stepping in. You throw out the domestic violence and what did he do? Visit a smoke shop and show the tits of a woman that didn't file a complaint. That doesn't deserve a 6-game suspension, if he gets a minor injury he could now easily miss half the season.

If the NFL is trying to send him a message to change his behavior and stop being an embarrassment (which would be understandable) then hit him with a huge fine and tell him the next time he has an incident he will get suspended. But this is way too heavy-handed. Let's see if this gets reduced on appeal like Roethlisberger's. If it doesn't that would be very inconsistent as Roethlisberger was arguably more deserving of punishment.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:48 AM   #529
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
ray rice was found guilty of nothing

ben roethlisberger was found guilty of nothing

the patriots were found guilty of nothing

the NFL doesnt give a shit if you were found guilty in a court of law. the burden of proof in a court of law is MUCH higher than it is in the court of educated guesses and public opinion (the type of court that Goodell presides over).

ffs a court of law said that OJ simpson was not guilty... is there a single person on the planet that actually thinks he didnt do it?
Ray Rice was found guilty and charged...Patriots cheated at football

How long was Ben suspended for? I'm not claiming this is the 1st time they've abused power.

The NFL SHOULD defer to the courts with criminal matters...yeah OJ was not guilty and the courts aren't perfect but it's a way better system than 'let's assume everyone accused is guilty'

If they have some proof that Zeke did something for sure? They can show it. But they don't, they have the same thing the courts have, no proof, just accusations.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:09 AM   #530
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Ray Rice was found guilty and charged...Patriots cheated at football

How long was Ben suspended for? I'm not claiming this is the 1st time they've abused power.

The NFL SHOULD defer to the courts with criminal matters...yeah OJ was not guilty and the courts aren't perfect but it's a way better system than 'let's assume everyone accused is guilty'

If they have some proof that Zeke did something for sure? They can show it. But they don't, they have the same thing the courts have, no proof, just accusations.

WRONG

the charges against ray rice were dropped by the prosecutor, he was never found guilty.

ben was suspended for 6 weeks (without ever being charged for anything).

the patriots might have cheated, but nobody ever came remotely close to proving it (this one is especially bad considering jerruh jones was in favor of the deflategate punishment... makes it very hard to have sympathy considering the patriots were ****ed over much harder than the boys and that was without any evidence the pats actually did anything wrong.)

you really think that OJ should have be allowed to play without any sort of punishment if he was still in his prime and his situation occured today?
Old 08-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #531
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

I see that Rices charges were dropped AFTER his suspension.

I feel like if we are to go through all of the NFLs past suspensions it would likely just show that they're awful at this.

I see NFCE fans on other forums saying things like "I hate the Cowboys but this is fcked up"

They shouldnt be suspending players on accusations, and if they did better than the prosecutors and obtained proof then we deserve to see it.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #532
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
I see that Rices charges were dropped AFTER his suspension.

I feel like if we are to go through all of the NFLs past suspensions it would likely just show that they're awful at this.

I see NFCE fans on other forums saying things like "I hate the Cowboys but this is fcked up"

They shouldnt be suspending players on accusations, and if they did better than the prosecutors and obtained proof then we deserve to see it.

just to be 100% clear - OJ was found not guilty. you think he should have been allowed to play after his trial?

the NFL is definitely awful at this. I think the zeke suspension isnt about the actual domestic violence but rather the league telling him to stop letting his name show up in negative headlines. I think goodell is still angry about stuff like time zeke visited a weed shop in Seattle, he sees all this shit as "disrespectful" to the league or some bullshit like that.

Last edited by Nanners : 08-12-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:33 AM   #533
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

This chick posted pics on her Instagram of bruises made by Zeke, there was an affidavit made saying she got the bruises in a bar fight.

It was also shown her stories were wildly inconsistent. So much so that the judge assigned to this threw out the charges completely.

There is no video footage obviously.

ALL there is to work with here, is one female's words. That's it.

In comes the NFL... Sees same things as judge who deals with this daily, and decides different

No one should be a fan of this.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #534
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
just to be 100% clear - OJ was found not guilty. you think he should have been allowed to play after his trial?

the NFL is definitely awful at this. I think the zeke suspension isnt about the actual domestic violence but rather the league telling him to stop letting his name show up in negative headlines. I think goodell is still angry about stuff like time zeke visited a weed shop in Seattle, he sees all this shit as "disrespectful" to the league or some bullshit like that.
Well I think OJ is an outlier, where is the active NFL player version of OJ?

I guess if Hernandez had been found innocent on all counts and set free?

Yeah that would be awful, but something like that would be super rare.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:45 AM   #535
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
This chick posted pics on her Instagram of bruises made by Zeke, there was an affidavit made saying she got the bruises in a bar fight.

Yeah - according to zeke - they were from a bar "fight"... even though she called the cops 4 times for domestic violence within the space of one week and displayed different bruises each time according to responding officers

Quote:
It was also shown her stories were wildly inconsistent. So much so that the judge assigned to this threw out the charges completely.

wrong

It was shown that she *might* have asked a witness to corroborate a false story, but it certainly as not proven that her story was "wildly inconsistent".

This is why the case was thrown out. When a victim reaches out to a witness to try to get their story straight, any kind of criminal prosecution goes out the window, regardless of how guilty the perp is.

Quote:
ALL there is to work with here, is one female's words. That's it.

The cops were called to zekes house multiple times within that one week. If this bitch was really some kind of psycho trying to get elliot in trouble over nothing, then why did he keep sticking around with her after the first time she called the cops over nothing?

Quote:
In comes the NFL... Sees same things as judge who deals with this daily, and decides different

Like I said earlier - the NFL doesnt give a shit if you were found guilty in a court of law. the burden of proof in a court of law is MUCH higher than it is in the court of educated guesses and public opinion (the type of court that Goodell presides over).

Quote:
No one should be a fan of this.

Nobody should have been a fan of the obscene and absurd punishments for deflategate, yet you look back at the delfategate thread on this site and aside from the homers the forum was almost unanimously united against the pats.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #536
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

this female was shown to be nuts, but the NFL has some sort of proof then we deserve to see it.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:54 AM   #537
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
this female was shown to be nuts, but the NFL has some sort of proof then we deserve to see it.

the NFL has been investigating elliot for 16 months, but you think they were fooled into a wrongful conviction by a female who is "nuts"? how exactly has she been shown to be "nuts" anyway, and if she is "nuts" does that disqualify her DV claims? I mean you yourself have been shown to be "nuts" based on some of the idiotic shit you have posted on this site, but I am still here talking with you as if you werent nuts.

Since you are clearly nuts, I dont really think you have much authority to accuse or condemn anyone else (especially a cowboys girlfriend) over being "nuts" (I say this as someone who is completely ****ing nuts).

But anyway just to be clear, what exactly are you accusing this woman of doing? Are you saying she faked all the bruises on her body? Are you saying she called the cops nearly every day during the week of july 15th 2016 simply because she wanted to destroy her boyfriend elliots career? If this girlfriend has such obviously nefarious intentions, then why would elliot bother giving her the time of day in the first place?

Last edited by Nanners : 08-12-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #538
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
On Friday July 22, 2016, [complainant's name redacted], in conjunction with a previously publicized Columbus Police report, filed an intake complaint with the City Attorney's Office, Prosecutor Division. Her complaint included allegations of Domestic Violence by her boyfriend, Ezekiel Elliott, on 5 separate occasions. The time period of the allegations encompassed Sunday July 17, 2016 through Friday July 22, 2016.

[Complainant's name redacted] completed the required paperwork and Intake staff conducted an interview where specific details about each allegation were gathered. Witness statements, police reports, and medical records were acquired. Photographs of text messages and visible injuries were taken. Upon completion of the initial investigative phase, the complaint was evaluated by a prosecutor. The evaluation called for follow up with several witnesses and a closer examination of all the evidence presented.

Subsequent to the filing of an intake complaint by [complainant's name redacted], the City Attorney's Office, Prosecutor Division was contacted by both a representative and legal counsel for Mr. Elliott. These individuals were cooperative with the investigation and provided additional information, including witness affidavits and photographs, for review and consideration.

A final evaluation of the complaint for potential charges involved an assessment of the credibility of all identified witnesses based on the accuracy and thoroughness of their statements both standing alone and in comparison to one other. Moreover, there was a careful examination of all injuries and an attempt to determine the source of their cause. Finally, the potential motive, if any, of all parties was examined.

After reviewing the totality of the evidence, the City Attorney's Office, Prosecutor Division is declining to approve criminal charges in this matter for any of the 5 alleged incidents. This is primarily due to conflicting and inconsistent information across all incidents resulting in concern regarding the sufficiency of the evidence to support the filing of criminal charges.

^^^ that is what I know

The NFL found different...I want to see what they found. They determined Zeke is guilty, fine, show me how that came to be!
Old 08-12-2017, 11:53 AM   #539
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
^^^ that is what I know

The NFL found different...I want to see what they found. They determined Zeke is guilty, fine, show me how that came to be!

like i said earlier, the NFL doesnt need to determine zeke guilty in order to punish him. my understanding is that goodell can punish anyone he wants for any reason at any time.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #540
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
like i said earlier, the NFL doesnt need to determine zeke guilty in order to punish him. my understanding is that goodell can punish anyone he wants for any reason at any time.
Yeah I'm saying that needs to change...that's the problem

The NFL shouldn't be in the business of determining guilt on their own. What other businesses do that? All other businesses defer to the courts...have you been a CONVICTED felon?

An OJ situation could happen, but even in that rare event the public could turn their hate and complaints to the courts and NOT to Goodell/NFL.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: