Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-08-2017, 07:57 PM   #76
CelticBaller
You mad?

Default Re: 2017 Off Season Thread

Clearly said in the second

and lol it wasnt stacked

Blake Bortles
Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr

Would all be considered a top 5 pick in this draft, no QB in this draft even comes close to them. Johnny Manziel being the only dumb brainfart by the browns
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:10 PM   #77
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

OK I see the "in the second".

But yea right that draft at that time was barely considered stacked. Bridgewater snuck into the first (last pick) and is basically what Watson was before Watson's combine. Bortles was considered a reach and lo and behold he was selected by the team with the worst 1st rd selections in recent memory. And Carr was always seen as a second round prospect.

Stop with this BS that they'd be top 5 in this draft. They're not going over Garrett, Adams, Hooker at least.

No QB comes close? Watson is a definitive 1st round pick. Probably guaranteed top 10 after his combine. Gimme Watson over that overrated system guy.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:19 PM   #78
CelticBaller
You mad?

Jimmy G looks better than Watson on film in everything

Stop sipping on that kool aid

And you do realize Fox runs similar system up CHI? Thats why Hoyer played good
Old 03-08-2017, 10:50 PM   #79
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

As much as I don't like ball sacc...

I can't stand ballin more.

Ball sacx with the slay.

Good job lil fuccer
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:45 PM   #80
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Kenny Britt to Eagles

Calais Campbell to Jags

Danny Woodhead to Ravens

Pierre Garçon to 49ers
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:15 AM   #81
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
As much as I don't like ball sacc...

I can't stand ballin more.

Ball sacx with the slay.

Good job lil fuccer

Oh no I hurt white boi feelings. FOH son.

And what film?? The game and a half we have of him??? What's he done outside of that? Damn all y'all pats fans are the same. Overrated every system guy you have as if they worth what the media says. Only guy that has left the Pats and played halfway decent was Woodhead. And Collins. Unless you tryna say Jimmy's Eastern Illinois tape looks better than Watson's does. That would make sense but I doubt that's the case here.

Hoyer played decent. Nothing spectacular. There would be no reason to see a trade for Jimmy to run a decent offense. He won't have BB calling plays for him to make him look better or make the offense simpler.

Ain't no Kool aid sipping here. I've watched the Pats. Every week almost. Sorry if I don't agree Jimmy is worth what the media says the Pats want. The guy was drafted behind Manziel and Bridgwater. No thanks. I want the kid (and all his potential) who took down a junior NFL team in Bama.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:42 AM   #82
CelticBaller
You mad?

1. BB doesn't' call plays

2. There's plenty of guys who played as good or better when they left the pats. Hoyer, Welker, LaFell, Cassell.

3. His 6 quarters of play actually has show star potential. Already making good reads against NFL Defenses

4. Watson is ok, doesn't like throwing deep, checksdowns and makes bad throws. He can play good under a WCO but the system Fox runs is not made for Watson. Learn about your team before you want them to make dumb decisions.

Dumbass
Old 03-09-2017, 10:41 AM   #83
CelticBaller
You mad?

Stephen Gilmore to the pats

Kenny Britt to the Browns
Old 03-09-2017, 11:10 AM   #84
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
1. BB doesn't' call plays

2. There's plenty of guys who played as good or better when they left the pats. Hoyer, Welker, LaFell, Cassell.

3. His 6 quarters of play actually has show star potential. Already making good reads against NFL Defenses

4. Watson is ok, doesn't like throwing deep, checksdowns and makes bad throws. He can play good under a WCO but the system Fox runs is not made for Watson. Learn about your team before you want them to make dumb decisions.

Dumbass

1. Ok, he doesn't call all the plays but he has a say in the offense. He schemes and breaks down opposing defenses better than anyone in history. He sets up his guys to have the most success in every circumstance.

2. No, Welker maybe but he was a shell of himself. LaFell shouldn't even count cuz he was so bad. Hoyer is a good backup, he never played in NE so there obviously was nowhere to go but up. Again, these guys look great in NE and are terrible everywhere else cuz the system is in place for them to succeed. Why you think Chung/Branch came back!!??

3. His 6 quarters show he played well against an ARI team that peaked the year before. And that he couldn't survive his first real hit. He has 1.5 quarters of play and you think and the dumb QB-driven media believe he's worth a 1st. Hell, we GROSSly overpaid for Glennon for those reasons alone.

4. He looked ok throwing deep to Williams in those Championship games. If we can somehow get Alshon back and White healthy, then he's got some big bodies to let it rip up there. Any rookie QB coming out now is gonna make "bad throws". Fox/Loggains will obviously make any necessary adjustments to the offense if a guy like Watson is drafted. A good coach will be able to make it work with the guys he can make it work with.

And, learning from my teams past mistakes and not wanting them to do anything dumb is the whole reason most Bears fans don't want Jimmy. It would be, another DUMB decision.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:22 AM   #85
Nezty
Serious playground baller

Glennon getting 14.5!
Nezty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #86
CelticBaller
You mad?

This is the NFL. Either you get a QB that could play in your coaches scheme, or get a a new coach that could build a scheme for your QB.

I don't think Watson can run a multiple schemes/reads offense. I think he can better off in a spread WCO where the first read is usually the open one
Old 03-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #87
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
This is the NFL. Either you get a QB that could play in your coaches scheme, or get a a new coach that could build a scheme for your QB.

I don't think Watson can run a multiple schemes/reads offense. I think he can better off in a spread WCO where the first read is usually the open one

Well we speaking hypotheticals here anyway. There's a chance my team doesn't even get him lol.

And sometimes teams draft QBs later in the draft that don't always fit but they end up being a starter out of nowhere. I'm not sure Carr originally fit Del Rio (although I dont think he was the coach when he was drafted), or Wilson fit Carrolll (I mean Flynn and Wilson are different types of QBs yet they battled all camp), or Dak with Garrett.

All in all, I want my team to at least draft a guy that can extend plays when need be but can still make plays. I like Trubitsky but the kid only has one season under his belt. Kizer I like cuz he reminds me of Wilson but bigger but he wasn't as successful in college as you'd hope from a QB you want leading your franchise. But I liked in his interviews that he took responsibility for that. Watson at least has two fantastic seasons back-to-back and leading his team to the title game both times and engineering a comeback to win it all this past season. I mean the kid shows he can win. Kinda like Vince Young but more impressive cuz he relied less on his feet.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:36 PM   #88
Nezty
Serious playground baller

Bill really that desperate for Cooks???
Nezty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:27 PM   #89
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Britt to the Browns I guess, not Eagles

DeSean Jackson to Bucs

Bears release Cutler
Old 03-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #90
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Romo now expected to be traded to Houston or Denver.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: