Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default POTC: At World's End

I caught the 8 p.m. opener last night, has anyone else seen this yet? I thought it was a confusing mess, left me a little disappointed but was still entertaining as hell.

I'll save the things that I thought were lacking for later, I don't want any spoilers to ruin someone else's experience in seeing this.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: POTC: At World's End

im proably going to go see it tonight...
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #3
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so far all the big sequels his summer have been less then stellar. spiderman 3, shrek 3, and now pirates 3 have been getting ripped in the reviews. doesnt matter tho they will all still make a **** ton of money.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #4
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wonder if Pirates will beat out Spiderman 3 for biggest opening weekend. It was pandemonium at my theater last night, I walked out at 11 and there was already several lines stretching all the way out the door to get a good seat for the midnight shows. I'm not sure if it was like this everywhere, but every screen at the 14 screen theater was showing POTC at midnight.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #5
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

boiled crawfish, raw oysters, and beer
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool

I saw it today. The confusing aspect of this film was something I really liked. But then again, it got little boring sometimes. Should've been around 2h not close to 3.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #7
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I saw it today. The confusing aspect of this film was something I really liked. But then again, it got little boring sometimes. Should've been around 2h not close to 3.

Word. Even the first time through I noticed about 20 minutes worth of film that could have been cut without hurting the plot.

The Jack Sparrow hallucinations really pissed me off. We went two movies without anything along those lines, and now it happens like 4 times in one film? Sorry but that is lazy ass writing.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
Randy

Good thing these guys were in it, the best characters of the whole movie.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:02 PM   #9
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool

I like that English smartas$ saylor who guarded the heart (the fatter one). Those fake "Yarrr"'s were hilarious.

Keira's leg looked damn nice too ;)
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
Randy

The inept guards were also in the first one where they had another hilarious argument. I laughed so hard when they first showed them trying to be pirates, "Shiver me timbers!". All four of those guys were so awesome.

Keira Knightley always looks so hot on film, but in paparazzi (sp?) pictures of her, she always looks anorexic.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #11
Motown
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Motown has an OK reputation so far

Disappointing and confusing. There were so many new characters that werent explained at all. If I had to rank the 1st of the series I would give it either a 9 or 10/10, this one deserves about a 5 or 6. Johnny Depp makes these movies worth seeing and in this one his character is absent for about 1/3 of it. That being said still far better than Spiderman 3.
Motown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #12
Jabes
Banned

Jabes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
boiled crawfish, raw oysters, and beer
LOL, did you forget what thread you were in?
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:06 PM   #13
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Disappointing and confusing. There were so many new characters that werent explained at all. If I had to rank the 1st of the series I would give it either a 9 or 10/10, this one deserves about a 5 or 6. Johnny Depp makes these movies worth seeing and in this one his character is absent for about 1/3 of it. That being said still far better than Spiderman 3.

When Depp was in it, there was usually 8 of him or 2 miniatures of him on screen. I hated that, it made no sense other than being a poor excuse for comic relief.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #14
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I wonder if Pirates will beat out Spiderman 3 for biggest opening weekend. It was pandemonium at my theater last night, I walked out at 11 and there was already several lines stretching all the way out the door to get a good seat for the midnight shows. I'm not sure if it was like this everywhere, but every screen at the 14 screen theater was showing POTC at midnight.

I work at 14 screen theater too. Been hectic around the theater. There's no way we'd ever get 14 prints of the same movie though. That's inconceivable. At our theater, we got 5 prints of "Pirates" (5 of Spiderman when that came out, and 5 of Shrek). We showed them in our biggest theaters at 8, 8:30, 9, 9:30, and 10, thursday evening. If all of them started at 12 we'd be there to 3-5 in the morning, easily. As it is, for the rest of the week, there's a "Pirates" that starts at 10:30 pm, so I have to stay to 1:30 in the morn if I'm closing shift. The movies don't come to the theater in one piece, so building up 14 different "Pirates" would be hard to imagine. Each movie had nine reels, which is huge, being a three hour movie and all. Building up one "Pirates" took about an hour long, hour and half. Building up 14 would take a few days, and quite a few projectionists on hand. I wonder what y'all did with all the "Pirates" not staying at the theater... Just out of curiousity, does your theater use 35 mm film? Digital projectors?

Last edited by SCdac : 05-25-2007 at 07:57 PM.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #15
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
I work at 14 screen theater too. Been hectic around the theater. There's no way we'd ever get 14 prints of the same movie though. That's inconceivable. At our theater, we got 5 prints of "Pirates" (5 of Spiderman when that came out, and 5 of Shrek). We showed them in our biggest theaters at 8, 8:30, 9, 9:30, and 10, thursday evening. If all of them started at 12 we'd be there to 3-5 in the morning, easily. As it is, for the rest of the week, there's a "Pirates" that starts at 10:30 pm, so I have to stay to 1:30 in the morn if I'm closing shift. The movies don't come to the theater in one piece, so building up 14 different "Pirates" would be hard to imagine. Each movie had nine reels, which is huge, being a three hour movie and all. Building up one "Pirates" took about an hour long. Building up 14 would take a few days, and quite a few projectionists on hand. I wonder what y'all did with all the "Pirates" not staying at the theater... Just out of curiousity, does your theater use 35 mm film? Digital projectors?

I don't work at a theater, when I said my theater, I just meant the one I always go to, sorry about that. I was told it was on all 14 screens by several people, I never actually checked, so I may be wrong about it. It was like a concert in the halls though, people in costumes dancing around and all kinds of other crazy stuff, all for a movie that isn't even that good.

I thought Pirates was on 70mm?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: