Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #16
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: POTC: At World's End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I don't work at a theater, when I said my theater, I just meant the one I always go to, sorry about that. I was told it was on all 14 screens by several people, I never actually checked, so I may be wrong about it. It was like a concert in the halls though, people in costumes dancing around and all kinds of other crazy stuff, all for a movie that isn't even that good.

I thought Pirates was on 70mm?

Oh my bad...

"Pirates" may have been filmed in 70 mm film. I know movies are filmed in a variety of format and film stocks. But the standard for motion pictures, in the actual theater, is 35 mm. That's what our projectors read and use. Actually been the standard for along time... I was just wondering if your theater used high end digital projectors, being as there were so many "Pirates" screenings. But I presumed you worked there.

Do you see the new Transformers and Golden Compass trailers by chance?
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #17
Nashformvp
High School Varsity 6th Man

Nashformvp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I wonder if Pirates will beat out Spiderman 3 for biggest opening weekend. It was pandemonium at my theater last night, I walked out at 11 and there was already several lines stretching all the way out the door to get a good seat for the midnight shows. I'm not sure if it was like this everywhere, but every screen at the 14 screen theater was showing POTC at midnight.

Doubt it.
Nashformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #18
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac

Do you see the new Transformers and Golden Compass trailers by chance?

I didn't see a preview for either. I saw ones for another cliche Disney talking animal movie about a rat in Paris, Adam Sandler and the King of Queens guy and some other forgettable ones. Die Hard 4 looks decent, except it's a PG-13, what the hell? John McClane is no PG-13 character.

What is Golden Compass?
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:20 AM   #19
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I didn't see a preview for either. I saw ones for another cliche Disney talking animal movie about a rat in Paris, Adam Sandler and the King of Queens guy and some other forgettable ones. Die Hard 4 looks decent, except it's a PG-13, what the hell? John McClane is no PG-13 character.

What is Golden Compass?

Some compass that tells the "truth" and some girl is the chosen one to have it and a bunch of talking polar bears and ****. It looks like the lion, the witch and the wardrobe except it's only a little girl.

The movie was decent. The new characters didnt really need to be explained. You could tell just by looking at them what they were.

But at the beginning of the last fight scene i started to doze off. So calypso (black chick) made the wind tunnel and then they started going down. I missed the first half of that and then caught the 2nd half.

The whole time I was like "wtf what happened to lord beckett."

And i didnt get it when at the end beckett mumbled "its all good business." The only thing I guessed was that he didnt see it to happen this way.

Another thing...me and my friends decided to stay after the credits for the hell of it. It just shows kieria with a little child ( somewhere in the film orlando porked her but disney obviously didnt show it) and will comes out of the sea after a green flash and is standing on a boat. I think that was to end all pirates.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #20
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
Some compass that tells the "truth" and some girl is the chosen one to have it and a bunch of talking polar bears and ****. It looks like the lion, the witch and the wardrobe except it's only a little girl.

The movie was decent. The new characters didnt really need to be explained. You could tell just by looking at them what they were.

But at the beginning of the last fight scene i started to doze off. So calypso (black chick) made the wind tunnel and then they started going down. I missed the first half of that and then caught the 2nd half.

The whole time I was like "wtf what happened to lord beckett."

And i didnt get it when at the end beckett mumbled "its all good business." The only thing I guessed was that he didnt see it to happen this way.

Another thing...me and my friends decided to stay after the credits for the hell of it. It just shows kieria with a little child ( somewhere in the film orlando porked her but disney obviously didnt show it) and will comes out of the sea after a green flash and is standing on a boat. I think that was to end all pirates.

damn, i wanted to see something like that, but my friends were like dude the movie's over. lol. is it on youtube?
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #21
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

do you think that that meant that all other pirates were killed?? i dont think so, it was a green flash b/c will was coming back. they said in the movie that when theres a green flash, then a soul is entering back into the world...i think it could be a lead for another movie. i heard something about a possible fourth poc...

i was very pleased with this movie. i thought it was gonna be a blunder, like spidey and shrek 3, but this movie lived up to the hype. great movie, i'd go watch it again. there were parts that were a lil crazy, but thats how the whole trilogy has been. i definitely recommend you to go see it if you havent yet.

this and disturbia are the 2 best movies ive seen all year so far.

oh, and will turner knocked her up before the whole "leg" scene thing.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #22
The_Masterplan
Banned

lol ya...she has some nice legs.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #23
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerz_Forever
damn, i wanted to see something like that, but my friends were like dude the movie's over. lol. is it on youtube?

Horrible quality and people are talking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeIbP4To8z8
Old 05-26-2007, 05:48 PM   #24
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:

What is Golden Compass?

Ah yes. "Ratatouille" and "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry". Both movies I want to see. The rat is voiced by Patton Oswalt, who I'm a pretty big fan of. INPY Chuck and Larry looks funny. Sandler and that other dude make a funny combo. Throw in a hotty like Jessica Biel, and I'm even more interested. Probaby won't be that good of a movie, but I'll watch regardless. Die Hard 4 looks alright, I'm fairly skeptical... The Golden Compass is an adaptation from a novel (from the "His Dark Materials" trilogy). It's looks cool, fantasy and stuff. Stars Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig as well.

Some other trailers that came out:

Enchanted - a Princess who goes from a cartoon into real life NY city. Disney film.
The Game Plan - some movie with the Rock, a bachelor/football player who finds out he has a child and has to cope.
National Treasure 2 - looks about as bad as the first. Possibly the shakiest plot ever for this next one.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #25
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I was having a hard time figuring out what exactly this movie was about throughout, but I finally gave up right at the point at which that black woman became supersized and exploded into a gazillion crabs.

I just checked out right there..... took a nice nap.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:54 PM   #26
Randy

Quote:
The Game Plan - some movie with the Rock, a bachelor/football player who finds out he has a child and has to cope.

I remember the preview for this crap fest. What a played out archetype, I guarantee I can give a pretty good summary for this movie from the trailer alone.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:13 AM   #27
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I was having a hard time figuring out what exactly this movie was about throughout, but I finally gave up right at the point at which that black woman became supersized and exploded into a gazillion crabs.

I just checked out right there..... took a nice nap.

Thank you, on behalf of everyone who hasn't seen the movie yet. :rollingeyes:
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:22 AM   #28
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Thank you, on behalf of everyone who hasn't seen the movie yet. :rollingeyes:

dont be stupid and open the thread...you cant say that when a thread is title with the movie that people arent gonna say stuff about it.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:35 AM   #29
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
dont be stupid and open the thread...you cant say that when a thread is title with the movie that people arent gonna say stuff about it.

It's hardly relevant to the plot anyway.

When I walked out of the theater my friend and I loudly discussed how pissed we were that Jack Sparrow died halfway through the movie. I got many glares and one "Dude, shut the f*ck up we haven't seen it yet".
Old 05-27-2007, 12:40 AM   #30
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
It's hardly relevant to the plot anyway.

When I walked out of the theater my friend and I loudly discussed how pissed we were that Jack Sparrow died halfway through the movie. I got many glares and one "Dude, shut the f*ck up we haven't seen it yet".

lmao...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: