Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #16
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Who else has trouble deciding what they want to do?

Would would Bob Barker do?

If I were you, I would teach and do something a little extra on the side. You have 2 months off in summer, and you could, if you wanted to, put that effort into a small business of some sort.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #17
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

I am now in my mid-twenties, my goals include slanging rock and getting a car on fresh-ass daytons.

And once I get in shape, I'll join the French Foreign Legion as a cook. A cook that kills dudes.

I'm only half-joking and that's really sad.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:12 PM   #18
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I admire anybody who actually wants to become a teacher. what a freaking drag. I can't imagine anything worse. as Will Hunting once said, "I don't want to spend the rest of my life explaining **** to people."

ESPECIALLY people who aren't listening (children).
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #19
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I admire anybody who actually wants to become a teacher. what a freaking drag. I can't imagine anything worse. as Will Hunting once said, "I don't want to spend the rest of my life explaining **** to people."

Really? I'm actually interested in becoming a teacher when im older most likely history to high school kids. Probably coach basketball on the side too. But that is one of my favorite quote from Good Will Hunting.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:38 PM   #20
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Yes, teaching high school and middle school would be a drag, in my opinion. Kids either want to be there, or not. By that point, you can't really shape/mold them. Elementary? Not so much. At that point, kids still like going to school and like their teacher.

Last edited by mlh1981 : 05-26-2007 at 09:44 PM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:22 AM   #21
JJ baller 69
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JJ baller 69 has an OK reputation so far

what can u teach a kid when u don't even know what to do with your life? why did u choose to study education in the first place? u r a spoiled child. u will never become a man as long as u let ur parents helping u out about everything like that. ur parents should have kicked u out of the house a long time ago, their fault and urs.
JJ baller 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #22
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know who you are, and I'm not going to stoop down to your level and respond to your attack with another. I'm too classy for that. If it makes you feel good to insult me, then keep on doing it. What matters to me are what my friends and family think.

I only posted this on here for some outside perspective. I see that you have a grand total of 8 posts. Maybe try to add something to this board in a positive light as opposed to bringing others down.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:56 AM   #23
JJ baller 69
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JJ baller 69 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I don't know who you are, and I'm not going to stoop down to your level and respond to your attack with another. I'm too classy for that. If it makes you feel good to insult me, then keep on doing it. What matters to me are what my friends and family think.

I only posted this on here for some outside perspective. I see that you have a grand total of 8 posts. Maybe try to add something to this board in a positive light as opposed to bringing others down.

i wouldn't waste my time replying to ur thread if i didn't want na help u. i can give u a positive reply but it's not what u need. i want u to think harder. u r 25. u need to get ur own place and live a tough life on ur own if u wanna grow up. take care of ur own responsibilities stop being mama's boy. living an easy life isn't always a good thing.
JJ baller 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #24
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ baller 69
i wouldn't waste my time replying to ur thread if i didn't want na help u. i can give u a positive reply but it's not what u need. i want u to think harder. u r 25. u need to get ur own place and live a tough life on ur own if u wanna grow up. take care of ur own responsibilities stop being mama's boy. living an easy life isn't always a good thing.

You don't know anything about my life, and the struggles I have gone through. I'm not going to detail them here on ISH, but I have done pretty well for myself, given all that has happened. I had to live at home while going through school b/c my parents couldn't contribute a dime to my education. All the money that I borrowed had to go towards my tuition. There wasn't anything leftover for an overage check, and to go 50-70,000 in debt just to get some ****ty apt. wasn't worth it to me.

I'm in perfect health, never gotten in trouble with the law, have good records with my previous employers, and now have a college degree. I also complete a year of an Americorps program where I worked with some severely troubled youth Yes, I took a different route than most, and it's somewhat unconventional for me to still be living at home, but I love my family, and enjoy being around them. Sorry if that seems "wussified," but I believe I now have the skills and the background to successfully transition onto my own. For some people, that happens at 18. It took me a little while longer (due to a background that I don't want to get into and that noone on ISH cares about)
Old 05-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #25
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Yes, teaching high school and middle school would be a drag, in my opinion. Kids either want to be there, or not. By that point, you can't really shape/mold them. Elementary? Not so much. At that point, kids still like going to school and like their teacher.

Go back to school and get your masters and become a college professor in a subject like English that doesn't change much. You can make 60k or more a year teaching two days a week with the same curriculum year in and year out.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Because you dont have a clue. You're assuming all children dont listen, dont want to learn. Some do...you have a class of 30. You go in hoping all 30 get it but you know all wont. Its the whole I can save the world mentality. You cant, but that doesnt mean you cant try and do your part. At the end of the day if you feel you gave a good lesson, gave kids tools to help themselves and did everything it was for a kid to learn...than yuou did your job. Its not about how many of the 30 got it. Some dont for various reasons. It only takes 1 kid to say "You changed my life", "You helped me become more confident" or just to remember you as they grow up in life and point to you as one of the people who came into thier life and affected it positively. You cant buy that off ebay. So your whole mentality of teaching is a bit ass backwards based on perception and this Teachers are here to make you mensa members mentality only the kids arent willing to be.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: