Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-26-2007, 03:22 AM   #16
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

Default Re: Wow, 50 Cent just made $400 mil off Vitamin Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
See Cam can talk all his stupid high school "no snitchin" crap he wants, but the point is 50 is makin money. I'll take $400 million over a little street cred any day of the year

- cam'ron is from HARLEM, new york.. ever been, i dont suggest you go
- street cred is serious in cities like new york, chicago, miami- that is a very stupid statement you said..
- if you grew up in a city, and somebody robbed a bank and got away with it.. and you knew who did it.. and you told the cops.. you would literally be hunted down and killed.. so why take that chance.. keep your mouth shut.. thats all ' no snitchin' means.. same with drugs...
- high school crap.. go to new york city- its very real and very serious.. i dont get why you said that, at all.. some rappers are publicity stunted to death, and use fake imagery to boost sales.. im telling you, harlem is bad..

cam was the worst rapper to have on that interview.. he doesnt sell at all, but has crazy street cred.. they should have interviewed lil wayne.. he knows B.G owns new orleans..
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:23 AM   #17
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Shoot. Curtis "Trump". Didnt he say somthing abotu owning G-UNOT too.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:29 AM   #18
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Of_Tha_World
Shoot. Curtis "Trump". Didnt he say somthing abotu owning G-UNOT too.

yeah he bought the rights to that off the GAME ahahha
Old 05-26-2007, 03:30 AM   #19
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN43
- cam'ron is from HARLEM, new york.. ever been, i dont suggest you go
- street cred is serious in cities like new york, chicago, miami-that is a very stupid statement you said..
- if you grew up in a city, and somebody robbed a bank and got away with it.. and you knew who did it.. and you told the cops.. you would literally be hunted down and killed.. so why take that chance.. keep your mouth shut.. thats all ' no snitchin' means.. same with drugs...
- high school crap.. go to new york city- its very real and very serious.. i dont get why you said that, at all.. some rappers are publicity stunted to death, and use fake imagery to boost sales.. im telling you, harlem is bad..

cam was the worst rapper to have on that interview.. he doesnt sell at all, but has crazy street cred.. they should have interviewed lil wayne.. he knows B.G owns new orleans..

Yawn. Stupid argument. People still living in Harlem aren't worth millions of dollars like this Camron guy.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:32 AM   #20
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Right, but how much did he pay for the 10% originally?

It probably went both ways, if 50 helped advertise Glaceau and boost sales, he would be paid in part ownership. I really don't know, just a guess.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:03 AM   #21
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Yawn. Stupid argument. People still living in Harlem aren't worth millions of dollars like this Camron guy.

it doesnt matter... cam gives back to the community.. but you better believe there are people there that would kill him if he snitched.. not everybody loves him..
Old 05-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #22
adamcz
Bucks fan

How did he aquire 10% of the company for free? They gave him shares because they love his music?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:04 AM   #23
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN43
- cam'ron is from HARLEM, new york.. ever been, i dont suggest you go.. im telling you, harlem is bad..
Sounds like you're the one who's never been there. Maybe there are parts of Harlem that are unsafe at night when you're alone, but it really isn't a dangerous place. You think Bill Clinton's office is in the middle of a warzone where only "street cred" can keep you alive?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #24
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Sounds like you're the one who's never been there. Maybe there are parts of Harlem that are unsafe at night when you're alone, but it really isn't a dangerous place. You think Bill Clinton's office is in the middle of a warzone where only "street cred" can keep you alive?

my dad lives on 27 street on madison ave in manhattan.. im probably in new york city 10 times a month.. the drive sucks from new hampshire, but its pretty fun.. i drive righy by the WWF headquarters in connecticuit alot..

anyways, the point is.. yeah, theres good places and bad places everywhere, its almost like young kids get brainwashed by idols/ friends/ parents/ if you are from a bad city.. like, if i grew up seeing my dad as a cocaine addict, i would probably end up experiementing with it, as well, just because i would be around it my entire life.. and that goes for more than cities, small towns as well.. this convo doesnt make much sense, because cam'ron grew up in wagner projects, or across the street from wagner, and having him on that interview was completely pointless.. alot of kids in inner cities see things at young ages that they carry over into there adult life.. cam'rons best friend was shot over stolen jewelry, and killed right in front of him.. so like, yes it carries over, yes it makes sense not to snitch, especially if it means your life is at stake.. i think people are taking it much to lightely, thinking it doesnt happen..

people are like ' grow up with that snop snitchin bull **** and get a life'.. and all that..

i bet alot of those people are either grown ups living in small country towns, or just people who dont have a clue about urban life

Last edited by IBLEEDGREEN43 : 05-26-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #25
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

adam 50 made a commercial for vitamin water.

I don't know how he ever pulled off a 10% cut though. that's insanely high. seriously overpaid for that... unless he sells only vitamin water at his concerts or something.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #26
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

I don't know how he ever pulled off a 10% cut though. that's insanely high. seriously overpaid for that... unless he sells only vitamin water at his concerts or something.

in new york city, in times square.. theres a MASSIVE billboard with 50 and vitamin water on it. just figured i would tell ya, haha... billboards are huge in new york, and they cost alot of money to put up there, and keep up there..crazyy income
Old 05-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #27
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

I saw the commercial; it's funny. I bet he bought his stake of the company. I was being fecicious saying he got it for free, since this thread says he made $400 mil. Depending on how long he's owned his shares, he could have bought them pretty cheap. Shows he's a great investor though, to see something that even coke didn't see (until more recently) about the future of bottled drinks.

Edit: or he might be lucky. I want to see two or three brilliant moves before I call somebody "great"!

Last edited by adamcz : 05-26-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #28
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

that commercial is hilarious.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:34 PM   #29
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

It's obvious that 50 and/or his advisors have great vision...

Also, the Glaceau guys did a very smart thing with all these new ads with sports stars/entertainers. I'd never heard about the product before the Urlacher hat incident but I've totally dropped Powerade since trying it. Tastes better and isn't packed with sodium like a sports drink...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #30
HollaBolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Right, but how much did he pay for the 10% originally?

about 50 cent, that's where he got his name
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: