Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-26-2007, 12:38 PM   #31
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation
Default Re: Wow, 50 Cent just made $400 mil off Vitamin Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaBolla
about 50 cent, that's where he got his name

Haha...

Well he needs to change his name to Ten Per Cent or Four Hundred Mill
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:58 PM   #32
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaBolla
about 50 cent, that's where he got his name
no its not
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

*plays 50 cent single "Straight to the Bank"*

He may put out BS music but he is getting money.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #34
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN43
- cam'ron is from HARLEM, new york.. ever been, i dont suggest you go
- street cred is serious in cities like new york, chicago, miami- that is a very stupid statement you said..
- if you grew up in a city, and somebody robbed a bank and got away with it.. and you knew who did it.. and you told the cops.. you would literally be hunted down and killed.. so why take that chance.. keep your mouth shut.. thats all ' no snitchin' means.. same with drugs...
- high school crap.. go to new york city- its very real and very serious.. i dont get why you said that, at all.. some rappers are publicity stunted to death, and use fake imagery to boost sales.. im telling you, harlem is bad..

cam was the worst rapper to have on that interview.. he doesnt sell at all, but has crazy street cred.. they should have interviewed lil wayne.. he knows B.G owns new orleans..

But you see 50 Cent is a millionaire now. He's PAST that point of his life. I know what Harlem is like and i know what street cred is all about but there's a point where you gotta realize that you're on to bigger and better things. 50 realizes what he has and he's a businessman now, so he does what he needs to do to 1). support his family, and 2). stay on top. Cam doesn't seem to realize that. Yeah in the hood you can't go tell on someone for doing illegal sh*t, but 50 lives in Connecticut now. He got OUT, and when he did that he gave up that whole "true to the streets" thing

Point is all those dudes in Harlem who are rapping, selling drugs etc...are doing it to try to GET where 50 is. Why should 50 play down to their level when they're doing eveything in their power to CATCH UP to him? He paid his dues and he grew bigger than any of them will ever be. He's bigger than Cam is, and bigger than Cam will ever be. Why? Because he grew up.

The whole "you don't know what Harlem is like" thing doesn't have sh*t to do with sh*t. There's nothing wrong with bein from the streets. What it comes down to is having the sense to get out.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #35
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

50 cent doesn't beef to up his street cred or whatever

he beefs to create buzz for the albums he is going to drop
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:15 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
I wonder how much he paid for the 10% though... Certainly not around $400 million, but.. like what $40 million? Anyone know?

I'm not sure if he's a smart business man, or got lucky... Wonder if it was his idea, or if he has someone who advises him on investment oppurtunities.

He's a smart businessman. He made a lot of money in music. Its tough to do.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #37
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashformvp
Come on man Jay-Z is the CEO of hiP-HOP.
Jay is not a billionare

if 50 made half a billion off of this then he has more money than Jay or any other rapper for that matter...
Old 05-26-2007, 06:24 PM   #38
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Jay is not a billionare

if 50 made half a billion off of this then he has more money than Jay or any other rapper for that matter...

I hope you're not that stupid.

Jay z is the CEO & President of DEF JAM records. Do you know what DEF JAM records is? He owns Kanye West, Ludacris,Rihanna and others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Def_Jam_Recordings_artists

He owns a part of the Nets.

He owns his own water.

He owns a watch company.

Many more.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #39
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

In 2006, Jay Z's net worth was an estimated $350 million. He didn't have any big endeavors this year, so I don't think his net worth is much more than that.

50 cent is close to or has already passed Jay Z as the richest hip hop mogul in the world. (unless Pdiddy is richer than Hove)
Old 05-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #40
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
In 2006, Jay Z's net worth was an estimated $350 million. He didn't have any big endeavors this year, so I don't think his net worth is much more than that.

50 cent is close to or has already passed Jay Z as the richest hip hop mogul in the world. (unless Pdiddy is richer than Hove)
Percy Miller is pretty rich?
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:03 PM   #41
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

I've stopped buying and drinking Vitamin Water ever since I saw this dumbass schilling for them.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #42
poorlilrich
woop woop

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Percy Miller is pretty rich?

Yea he is another dark horse

I remember in 2005 romeo was worth upwards of $50 million. He is richer than rappers like Camron and Juelz Santana.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:50 PM   #43
krayziejcs
I airball my layups

krayziejcs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
See Cam can talk all his stupid high school "no snitchin" crap he wants, but the point is 50 is makin money. I'll take $400 million over a little street cred any day of the year

jay is ceo of def jam, as far as I know he has a salary, he is looking to get bonuses for albums that do good, but as of this moment he doesnt get a % of any of these sales. Estimated worth of 350 mil, and 50 just made 400, yea sounds like 50 is the richest.

As far as street cred, once you move out of the "hood", most rappers dont have it. You have to understand that people get into rapping for the $, unlike very few rappers (how much street cred does the roots, lupe fiasco have?). If I was a rapper I would care less about street cred, but let the children hate you for not having street cred while you "laugh your way to the bank", like 50 says.
krayziejcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #44
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
I hope you're not that stupid.

Jay z is the CEO & President of DEF JAM records. Do you know what DEF JAM records is? He owns Kanye West, Ludacris,Rihanna and others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Def_Jam_Recordings_artists

He owns a part of the Nets.

He owns his own water.

He owns a watch company.

Many more.
I don't care how many companies he owns he is not a billionare...Oprah is the ONLY african american bilionare in the world...

maybe you should do some research before you call me stupid...

http://nymag.com/nymetro/arts/music/pop/10869/

"Having followed the rapper’s standard diversification plan of record label and clothing line for almost a decade—adding in a Reebok sneaker—Jay-Z has amassed a net worth estimated at $286 million by Fortune magazine. "

50 Cent > Jay Z
Old 05-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #45
kenuffff
Great young streetballer

kenuffff has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN43
- cam'ron is from HARLEM, new york.. ever been, i dont suggest you go
- street cred is serious in cities like new york, chicago, miami- that is a very stupid statement you said..
- if you grew up in a city, and somebody robbed a bank and got away with it.. and you knew who did it.. and you told the cops.. you would literally be hunted down and killed.. so why take that chance.. keep your mouth shut.. thats all ' no snitchin' means.. same with drugs...
- high school crap.. go to new york city- its very real and very serious.. i dont get why you said that, at all.. some rappers are publicity stunted to death, and use fake imagery to boost sales.. im telling you, harlem is bad..

cam was the worst rapper to have on that interview.. he doesnt sell at all, but has crazy street cred.. they should have interviewed lil wayne.. he knows B.G owns new orleans..

harlem is a nice part of nyc, you're a retard. its a lot cleaner than most parts of manhattan. also a lot of it is tourist areas like the apollo i don't know wtf you're talking about but you're pretty dumb.
kenuffff is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: