Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-26-2007, 06:02 AM   #1
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far
Default Rashard Lewis...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2883178

Just became a FA. I'd love to have him on the Lakers. Not my first wish but I think he could be had for Odom straight up.
Unfortunetely, he doesn't solve some of our problems like Artest or JO would but he's definitely an upgrade over Odom as he'd fit very nicely with Kobe and would be that consistent 2nd option that we need. A step in the right direction is what I'd call it.

As I said, not my first choice but I think this Kwame surgery had messed up our chances for JO or Artest since I don't want to part ways with Odom AND Bynum unless it's KG and that's not happening.

So Shard, how about him? For Odom?

It wouldn't fix all the holes, he wouldn't have as much impact as Artest or Jermaine but he can be had for Odom and he's definitely an upgrade.
He's that second scorer.

But then again, what about defense? We'd still need to upgrade a lot defensively but Rashard would make us better and we'd have a legitimate 2nd option on our team.

BTW, Rashard said Kobe's God's gift to basketball so I suppose by that statement that he'd be interested in playing for the Lakers. Howeevr, as I said...we'd still need to make moves and make this team solid defensively.
Rashard isn't much better than Odom but he'd be a much better fit for this team, I hope you can all see and acknowledge that as well.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:06 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rashard Lewis...

I wouldn't mind getting him and giving up Odom as long as we can replace our rebounding with a 10 rpg player.

thats my only concern on trading odom. Can we replace the rebounding?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:17 AM   #3
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Not so sure. There'd be holes, they'd need to make some more moves because Shard doesn't help overall but he's just that 2nd option. That's definitely a step in the right direction but we'd lose some rebounding and we'd still need to add defense to our team.
They have some pieces to work with though.

As for rebounding, we'd also need to count on the improvement from Turiaf and Bynum now that Kwame's gone. We'd need to add another big body or two.

But Shard...the thought of someone besides Kobe scoring 20+ every night is great.

However yes, there'd be holes but we'd have our 2nd man with this trade.
Rashard's style would mesh very well with Kobe's. If nothing we'd have a great scoring duo and Kobe would have it much easier offensively.
That's already an improved and better team.

Still, they'd need to use the pick(s) and the MLE to cover up other areas though. I'd like to get defensive on other positions. Do it.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #4
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

As a last resort, i'd take it.

But this would not, in any way, make us a top tier team. It would probably make us a very exciting to watch 45 to 52 win team assuming full health.

However, with Kobe in the playoffs, we always have a chance. But again, as it has been year in and year out, a very, very outside chance.

POST PRESENCE. PLEASE GOD, GIVE US A POST PRESENCE.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #5
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

That's my problem with this and it's why I agree it's a last resort.
Lewis doesn't change all that much.
He's a better fit than Odom but we'd still need to add many pieces to the team as we'd be weak everywhere else.

I see it as a step in the right direction but I don't see it as a great move that solves all of our problems. We'd still need a lot of tweaking but hey, you got to start somewhere...
Old 05-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly,

If lewis came all he would be is a pick and pop player and occasionally drive it in the hole. It wouldn't make us better at all.

But when I see Odom dominate a game, that helps us much more than simply shooting. Odom at his best is much better than a regular shard.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:45 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well lewis is either looking for a big payday or he wants to be the man on a team... i myself think its the big payday so the question is, is rashard lewis worth 13-14 mill a year for 5 years? this would be a huge chunk of money tied up for a while...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Lewis would not be good for our squad. Largely a perimeter player. Career #2 option who has never accomplished anything. Avg defender. Does not fill a need. VRad is already poor man's Lewis.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Lewis would not be good for our squad. Largely a perimeter player. Career #2 option who has never accomplished anything. Avg defender. Does not fill a need. VRad is already poor man's Lewis.

I agree with this... and I have seen him disappear in games as well, something many people complain about LO for doing. LO is better all around to me.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:39 PM   #10
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I agree with this... and I have seen him disappear in games as well, something many people complain about LO for doing. LO is better all around to me.

some folks may remember that in Seattle, a few years ago, it was a BIG question who to keep: VRad or Lewis. Obviously they made the right decision, but the point is...it was a very real question.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:26 AM   #11
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

You folks are probably right. Lewis would make the Lakers better IMO just by being a better fit but overall he doesn't solve that many problems for them.
He gives them the second scorer and that's it.
If only he could contribute defensively.

It's a desperate, lateral move but with Kobe being so livid the Lakers may just be forced to do those knd of moves.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: