Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Bobcats Forum

Charlotte Bobcats Forum Charlotte Bobcats message board - charlotte bobcats fan forum

Old 07-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #16
Heretik32
Myrrh

OP, the Cats are my second favorite team, I like them a bunch, and they might even compete for a playoff spot if they stay healty and Okafor/Felton continue to develop, but you seriously must be on something...

@geewiz: Wallace should be out of his rookie deal, shouldn't he?
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #17
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

At least the maker of this tread, demons2005 Hits Open Layups. Something you can't say of Brevin Knight, Gerald Wallace, Okafor, May or Charlotte's bench.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #18
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

Its tough to go from a deep lottery pick to a title contender, you know we are talking about basketball right?
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #19
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
@geewiz: Wallace should be out of his rookie deal, shouldn't he?
Good catch, I almost forgot he spent like 3 years with the Kings, because he didn't play a lick there.

Quote:
At least the maker of this tread, demons2005 Hits Open Layups. Something you can't say of Brevin Knight, Gerald Wallace, Okafor, May or Charlotte's bench.
...at least in the fourth quarter.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:18 PM   #20
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Default cats are getting better... not there yet though

Felton's got game, but he's not the shooter, defender, or cool head the Heinrich is. He may catch him this year, but he didn't last year.

I've never seen G. Wallace make a jumper. He's a tough defender and a good runner and finisher, but he can't do much on his own dribble, and is a liability in a half court set unless everybody else can shoot (like Rodman without the 6 offensive boards a game). Luckily for him with Felton and Knight the team should run a lot. He's also not a natural 2 guard and may have trouble staying with shooters as they come off screens.

Morrison... He can shoot. Uh... He can shoot under pressure. He's probably big enough to get his shot off. Which is good because he doesn't bring ball handling, rebounding, passing, or defense. He can shoot though.

May was great in college, but so was Juan Dixon. He has yet to prove that he can do it at this level on a consistent basis. I'm pulling for him though, because he's that undersized Elton Brand type of 4 you love to see succeed against the big guys. If he works on his shooting touch, he's got Antoine Carr written all over him. Not bad to be the Big Dog. I wonder if he could get some of those orange shades the Carr wore...

Okafur has the goods to be an Alonzo Mourning type of player IF he can stay healthy and keep his athleticism.

Unless Morrison turns out to be the second coming of Glen Rice, I think the playoffs are still one more aquisition away. They still need a bonafide shooting guard (somebody who can get his own and bring the ball up against pressure when Felton / Knight is denied the ball) and they may need to upgrade the 4/5 if it turns out the May is more of a backup calibur than a starter.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #21
Grand Villain
Banned

I like the Bobcats, but I'm not going to lie to myself. Point blank, they're just not good enough. Not good enough to make the playoffs, much less contend for a championship. Think about it, how silly does that sound? Charlotte Bobcats - 2007 NBA Champions!

The Bobcats are like the new kid on the block, and there will be growing pains. Eventually, they'll find the playoffs, and with a little luck, perhaps even do some damage when they get there. That's also not happening anytime soon. Their future looks bright (Morrison is a great addition), but they're still missing some key players to really do something special.

A more accurate assumption would be the Bobcats making the playoffs in 3 - 5 seasons.
Grand Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #22
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default ....

With the proper coaching, Bobcats look good to go. That and a little experience.

On the flipside, Felton can't defend like Hinrich which gives him a way bigger edge.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #23
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

knicks are comepeting for a title this year
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #24
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan

I wouldn't say playing for title but they can compete now. The east is wide open anyway. Miami's not feared, detroit just took a hit and nobody else can say they are the #1 going in.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:47 PM   #25
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #26
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons2005
Look I know how some ppl feel about the bulls being the best young team but its almost all hype. Bobcats were injured all last year think about it.

Now they have the following lineup of sick players:

1) Raymond Felton... enough said. Backed up by one of the top 15 pg's in th e league Brevin Knight
2) Gerald Wallace... most underrated player in the league. Beast on both ends of the floor
3) Adam Morrison- who knos.
4) Sean May- Last year didn't play much at all but showed defnsive prowess and great post moves.
5) Emeka Okafor Last year he didnt play much but wow he is good defensive etc.

What now chicago homers? I will also tell you this: Felton WILL BE and may ALREADY BE a better PG than Hinrich.

*Yawn* ban this guy already

it seems every cycle or so, a new AlJeffersonRules, Superboy, KobeLamar type springs up from a pile of dog sh1t to ruin this forum
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #27
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

ahaha bobcats are barely good enought o win a titel in DNBA
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #28
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

Very young team. Still have to develop.

EDIT: No title this year.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #29
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

Champs?

Anyway, this would be my starting five for the Cats:

Felton/Wallace/Morrison/Okafor/Ely

As far as their bench rotation is concerned, I think these guys should come off in this order:

BK - hopefully 20-25 minutes per game. Great court vision and fills it up in terms of steals/assists.

May - 15-20 mpg - instant offense - hope they find a way to get him minutes alongside Okafor. They could compliment each other way

Bernard Robinson - 10-15 mpg - He was great last year when he got minutes--he showed some hustle and had a couple of double-doubles. I hope they keep him. He's a good back-up swingman.

Matt Carroll - >10 mpg - One of the few Cats to get hot in the last quarter, and one of the few Cats who hit open jumpers.

Brezec - >10 mpg - I'd actually start Ely at center. Brezec is a cream-puff but can provide instant offense off the bench. He shouldn't play much. Ten minutes is about how long it takes him to get into foul trouble anyway.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #30
joe lucky
Decent playground baller

I just don't see how the Bobcats are competing for a title next year let alone making the playoffs. Lets see the playoff standings:
Miami
Chicago
New Jersey
Detroit
Cleveland
Washington
Orlando
These teams will all likely have a playoff spot next year barring major injuries leaving one spot to compete for. So the question becomes is Charlotte better than Indiana, Milwaukee, Toronto, Philadelphia, Boston (the Knicks?). I say no to all but the questionable Knicks and maybe Boston. So thats a no-go as it stands for a Charlotte post-season in my mind.
joe lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: