Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-27-2007, 04:25 AM   #31
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: OT:Told all you MMA posers Chuck Liddell would get eaten alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Fedor holds the UFC HW belt even though he isn't fighting in the UFC. Yet.
The only thing that worries me about him coming to the UFC is that I know he will lose..........because of a fu*king cut. The man has paper skin and titanium everything else.

It will be fu*ked up and I will probably cry when it happens. Oh wait, I'm supposed to be a TUF noob.......
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 04:27 AM   #32
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
The only thing that worries me about him coming to the UFC is that I know he will lose..........because of a fu*king cut. The man has paper skin and titanium everything else.

It will be fu*ked up and I will probably cry when it happens. Oh wait, I'm supposed to be a TUF noob.......

I never called you a TUF Noob.

Fedor won't lose from a cut. And if he does, that's the only way he can lose. When your only way of beating a guy is cause he cuts easily and hopefully you can cut him to beat him, you know he's the best.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:03 AM   #33
jody
High school junior varsity star

jody has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
It's gonna be funny to see former Pride fighters holding most of the belts in the UFC.

yeah, like how cro cop has the heavyweight belt. did anybody even land a punch on him? he destroyed every guy in the UFC.
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:31 AM   #34
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Shocking, it really was. Liddell has a good chin and great recovery, but Rampage hit him on the button and finished it. I wonder how the fight against Hendo will go, their styles are very similar, though Hendo is more technique oriented and Rampage more power oriented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody
yeah, like how cro cop has the heavyweight belt. did anybody even land a punch on him? he destroyed every guy in the UFC.

shhhh, trying to talk reason in MMA is like banging your head against the wall.

by the way can we end this ufc vs pride ish once and for all, if only on this forum? it's essentially the same ****ing organization now, and it should have always just been about the fighters.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:40 AM   #35
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Off topic but I don't know much about MMA fighters, only the ones who crossed over into wrestling. Has Brock Lesnar had his match yet? I heard he was fighting some 7 foot guy, can't remember his name, or when the match was supposed to be.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:43 AM   #36
jjayfive
High School Varsity 6th Man

jjayfive has no real reputation yet.

it wasn't a surprise that jackson won...jackson destryed him before....chuck is too one dimensional...rumor is that chuck is gonna fight wanderlai silva....he's gonna get beatting number two by a pride fighter....
jjayfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:11 AM   #37
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Fix. Purse just got that much bigger.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:39 AM   #38
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I never called you a TUF Noob.

Fedor won't lose from a cut. And if he does, that's the only way he can lose. When your only way of beating a guy is cause he cuts easily and hopefully you can cut him to beat him, you know he's the best.
The noob comment was directed to Eldrunko.

You're right, that is the only way he can lose. Absolutely the only way. I'm just afraid that he will get cut.......
Old 05-27-2007, 11:43 AM   #39
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Off topic but I don't know much about MMA fighters, only the ones who crossed over into wrestling. Has Brock Lesnar had his match yet? I heard he was fighting some 7 foot guy, can't remember his name, or when the match was supposed to be.
He was supposed to fight Hong Man Choi at the K-1/Elite XC show next weekend on the 2nd. Choi was denied a license by the CSAC due to a gland disorder or something of that nature. He currently does not have an opponent.

I've heard that he is allowed to get a second opinion and re-apply for a license. I've also read that possible replacements include Warpath, Tank Abbott, James Thompson, and Butterbean.

It's also been believed that Sakuraba won't get a license either for his fight with Royce Gracie.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #40
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
The noob comment was directed to Eldrunko.

You're right, that is the only way he can lose. Absolutely the only way. I'm just afraid that he will get cut.......
and he just might because they allow elbows in the ground, but hopefully it doesnt last that long. The UFC is starting ti gain my interest, the fights and fighters are getting better.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

MMA = Dog Fighting
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:06 PM   #42
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
MMA = Dog Fighting
Shut up.

I saw that, too.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #43
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

When Fedor gets KTFO in his second UFC fight will people be as shocked as when Mike Tyson lost to Buster Douglas?

Liddell can't beat Rampage cause of his style. Liddell's bread and butter is avoiding takedowns and banging on people. Rampage doesn't go for takedown as much as he prefers "slam you onto your goddam head"-downs.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #44
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Damn shame that in the six minutes since I made my above post I watched the whole fight.

I do argee with Liddell that it was stopped a little too soon. However, I also understand that from the ref's vantage point Liddell looked like he was out cold.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bernard Hopkins would have dropped that ass in a similar fashion.

-"F*ck Chuck Liddell"
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: