Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-27-2007, 02:48 AM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Facebook Gets Even Closer To Becoming Myspace

Now they have these stupid "applications" that you can install on your facebook page. Stuff like music, animated slideshows etc. Why don't they just leave it simple like its always been?

I mean i love myspace (im addicted) but i like that the two sites are/were different. Myspace was the flashy style, Facebook was the more organized/mature site. Now they're getting closer and closer to being each other
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board
Default Re: Facebook Gets Even Closer To Becoming Myspace

The applications suck though

I can't upload my bay area slaps on them
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

WTF are you guys talking about? I cant see that anywhere
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:30 PM   #4
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://bgsu.facebook.com/apps/applic...?id=2413267546

http://bgsu.facebook.com/apps/applic...id=2343264586\

There's more, but stuff like that
Old 05-27-2007, 12:34 PM   #5
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

how do you get to that though?

EDIT: wow i see the applications thing nevermind

I added ilike just to see if they have any good Oasis songs on there.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:40 PM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Facebook has changed our socialization culture. Instead of people saying "call me," or "e-mail me" it's now "facebook me." In the dating field, it is a tool for people to look up information about the other person beforehand. Also, employers use it to scope out the people they are hiring. That doesn't fall under the "socialization" umbrella, but in a way it does. Instead of maybe talking to the references, they might be more tempted to just look them up on facebook and make a sweeping judgement based off of that.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Funny thing happened to me at the mall last night. I was walkin and i heard this girl scream but i ignored it. Then she comes running up and JUMPS into my arms. I still had no idea who it was, but when she got down i realized she was a girl off my myspace friends list. I had never met her in real life before but she recognized me off there lol..i felt like a celebrity
Old 05-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #8
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Funny thing happened to me at the mall last night. I was walkin and i heard this girl scream but i ignored it. Then she comes running up and JUMPS into my arms. I still had no idea who it was, but when she got down i realized she was a girl off my myspace friends list. I had never met her in real life before but she recognized me off there lol..i felt like a celebrity

Similar thing happened to me as well. I had looked up some random girl on myspace, and then I see her at a party and she comes up and starts talking to me. I had no idea who she was until she told me she recognized me from myspace.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #9
Hstone
Serious playground baller

Hstone has an OK reputation so far

Aint Facebox called Netlog now ???
Hstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #10
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Facebox might be but Facebook isn't
Old 05-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #11
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hstone
Aint Facebox called Netlog now ???

Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #12
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I just don't understand facebook whores. people with 300 friends in my HS's network alone, then 150 more in a college that they don't even attend yet. maybe 1 in 20 of these people are actually that popular.

if someone I've never talked to about anything deeper than what the homework was requests me, I REJECT THEM.

that's right... I'm a relic of an earlier age. an age when people actually had friends that they communicated with outside of their computers.

I remember when I first got facebook and like the third day after I added all my essentials, I got like 3 requests. all 3 were people I didn't even know. I remember just staring at my screen like... are you kidding me.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I just don't understand facebook whores. people with 300 friends in my HS's network alone, then 150 more in a college that they don't even attend yet. maybe 1 in 20 of these people are actually that popular.

if someone I've never talked to about anything deeper than what the homework was requests me, I REJECT THEM.

that's right... I'm a relic of an earlier age. an age when people actually had friends that they communicated with outside of their computers.

I remember when I first got facebook and like the third day after I added all my essentials, I got like 3 requests. all 3 were people I didn't even know. I remember just staring at my screen like... are you kidding me.

I have a college friend on my facebook profile who has about 800 friends from our school. It's just pathetic. I have about 110 and I know each and every one of them. Granted, some of them I haven't talked to in a long one/talked to only a few times, but at least I know them and would probably wave and say hi if I saw them on the streets.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:36 PM   #14
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've never used myspace. I just got into facebook and it's addicting as hell. It also pisses me off when i see the girl I turned down sends me a pick and she's a hotty!
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #15
GDub
Can barely lace up my sneakers

GDub has an OK reputation so far

Yeh i know what you mean about people havin that many 'friends' on facebook...
its a really good tool for me cause i move around a loooot, so ive actually been able to find old friends and get back in touch, so at least not everybody is just tryin to be a social whore lol
GDub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: