Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-28-2007, 12:29 AM   #16
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation
Default Re: Who is the guitar hero of our day?

I'm assuming modern rock + people still alive.

Omar Rodriguez Lopez

John Frusciante

Johnny Greenwood
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:31 AM   #17
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Why does modern rock suck so much? From what I hear on the radio bands like Dashboard, John Mayer, and Chris Daughtry are considered the better rock bands, and I pretty much hate most of them (except for a few songs from Dash). It was good in the 90's and it seemed like it just took one big dive. I like bands like Nirvana, RHCP, Guns and Roses, Incubus (Make yourself), Oasis is pretty good, Offspring and I even like some of the older Dashboard Confessional (although as time passes I seem to dislike it more and more.)

Can anybody name any good rock/alternative records lately (other then velvet revolver)?

The number of good modern rock bands is so limited it's pathetic. Obviously the Foo Fighters are up there. I also really like Avenged Sevenfold, I catch sh*t from people every time I tell them that though. Hinder and Nickelback have potential but IMO have yet to fulfill it. I rarely listen to the radio and never watch MTV so I don't know any others really.

And Masterplan, so are you excluding players from older generations that are still active, i.e. Slash, Tom Morello, Angus Young? b/c I think that that would include Frusciante as well.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:40 AM   #18
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Why does modern rock suck so much? From what I hear on the radio bands like Dashboard, John Mayer, and Chris Daughtry are considered the better rock bands, and I pretty much hate most of them (except for a few songs from Dash). It was good in the 90's and it seemed like it just took one big dive. I like bands like Nirvana, RHCP, Guns and Roses, Incubus (Make yourself), Oasis is pretty good, Offspring and I even like some of the older Dashboard Confessional (although as time passes I seem to dislike it more and more.)

Can anybody name any good rock/alternative records lately (other then velvet revolver)?

Modern rock is alive, well, and great, but the creative bands aren't on MTV or the Radio anymore.

The Mars Volta, At The Drive-In, The Sounds of Animals Fighting, Bear VS Shark, The Arcade Fire, Band of Horses, Boris, Broken Social Scene, The Dear Hunter, Wolfmother, Pavement, Hella, John Frusciante (solo stuff not RHCP), mewithoutYou, Modest Mouse (early stuff), Murder City Devils, Muse, Queens of the Stone Age, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, The Unicorns.

lot of different takes on alternative in there, and it'd take a lot of time to sort through that, but if you're ever bored just type some of that ish into Myspace and give it a listen. bound to find something you dig.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 AM   #19
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:

mhsbasketball has decent reputation

if you can include people that are alive it would be Slash, Jimmy page, Eddie Van Halen, Angus Young, and Eric Clapton
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:26 AM   #20
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Buckethead. This guy can do some incredible stuff with a guitar.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:50 AM   #21
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The problem with posters complaining about lack of good modern rock is that you are limiting yourselves to crappy American rock.

BTW, Pearl Jam still have awesome music, but the common fan has disappeared, that makes me quite happy though. No ********* chicks cinging PJ songs at bars etc.

Mars Volta, The Rakes, The Strokes, Fur Patrol, Muse and plenty more. Get listening.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #22
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
The problem with posters complaining about lack of good modern rock is that you are limiting yourselves to crappy American rock.

BTW, Pearl Jam still have awesome music, but the common fan has disappeared, that makes me quite happy though. No ********* chicks cinging PJ songs at bars etc.

Mars Volta, The Rakes, The Strokes, Fur Patrol, Muse and plenty more. Get listening.

Crappy American rock, but then you list two American bands? The Strokes? All those guys do is make noise.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:13 AM   #23
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone heard of Alter Bridge? Thier guitarist, Mark Tremonti, is pretty good. Certainly no guitar hero, but he is pretty good. He was also the guitarist for Creed.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #24
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

I heard Slash badly embarassed himself when he tried to play VH songs at the HOF induction. He messed them up badly and now alot of classic rock fans consider him to be a fraud saying he can't really play.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:32 AM   #25
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric

I don't want to heard those vanilla bands.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:37 AM   #26
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsbasketball
if you can include people that are alive it would be Slash, Jimmy page, Eddie Van Halen, Angus Young, and Eric Clapton

Eddie Van Halen is a washed up piece of shyt.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #27
Randy

Here is your modern day guitar hero:

Alexi Laiho from the Finnish band Children of Bodom. Their music sucks for the most part but the dude can shred, and he is only 28 too.

Some vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di_Ub...elated&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0uf5TtBsLU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQso8P8N8z8
Old 05-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #28
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups

l3bronBryant has an OK reputation so far

either tom morello best rifs mmmm they make my blood boil OR and a big OR
suprisngly ill say john mayer what i have seen other than gay ecoustic can play some seriously made tunes
l3bronBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #29
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

A few of Children of Bodom's songs are pretty decent. Living Dead Beat, Are You Dead Yet, B@st@rds of Bodom (Nice guitar work in this song) and thier cover of Rebel Yell is pretty good.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #30
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

El Heffe from NOFX
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: