Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Breaking News- Kobe: "Bring back Jerry West or trade me"

per ESPNEWS
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Breaking News- Kobe: "Bring back Jerry West or trade me"

here's an interesting question...
are the Lakers, effectively, shut out of dealing with Memphis (Gasol), because of their relationship with West and how such dealings might be perceived; i.e. West would not want to be seen showing favoritism, or setting-up, the Lakers.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well if that's true, then Kobe has spoken with West and West told him would come back... or Kobe has lost it and I'm ready to trade him...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

i would like to hear the actual words/interview. I know from personal experience that the press will selectively choose words then cast it to suit their dramatic needs.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Kobe definetly did talk to West before it. He doesn't want to leave LA..he wouldnt make such a bold claim if he doesnt know that West is interested in coming back
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Kobe definetly did talk to West before it. He doesn't want to leave LA..he wouldnt make such a bold claim if he doesnt know that West is interested in coming back
God I hope so because otherwise he has gone into goofball mose... actually even if he did talk to west this is bordering on being a goofball anyways, i hope he talked to magic or somebody about it before hand..., as beedon said though this could be espn taking something and giving us just enough info to stir the pot...
kg for kobe anyone?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:53 PM   #7
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

This is getting really interesting. Kobe doesn't trust Buss and Mitch anymore nor should he.

I'm glad he's putting so much pressure on what's been an utterly pathetic organization the last few years.

Good job Kobe.

He wants West to have the full control, he doesn't want Horse boy Jimmy Buss to interfere in West's business.

However, this is starting to get very interesting. Maybe Kobe just wants out and is now using this as an excuse.

No matter what, it's starting to be very interesting. Stay tuned I guess.
Kobe really MEANS it.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

it's one thing for him to say "I would like them to bring West back" and another to say "or trade me".
If it's the latter, then he REALLY screwed up. that would haunt him.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

having not heard it yet i have to say after a few moments to think about it, somethings does not add up... i'll wait until i hear the exact quote then share my feelings...

also this is not like when magic demanded westpahl be moved, magic had a really good team behind him that had just won a championship and he had his team mates echoing his concerns... kobe has none of the above going for him...
Old 05-27-2007, 06:27 PM   #10
gts
Sons of Antartica

Found this...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2884339

Quote:
Kobe Bryant isn't happy with the Lakers' direction and wants Jerry West back in Los Angeles to fix things.

Bryant told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that he wants the Lakers to bring West back to the organization and give him full authority. If the Lakers don't want to do that, Bryant said he wants to be traded.

Bryant is frustrated that the team has not made any significant moves since it re-signed him.

"I want to see us get to a contending level," he told The Los Angeles Times. "I want to see us become a championship contender. It's been a frustrating process for me and I'm sure it's been a frustrating process for all Laker fans. I'm just hoping we can get to that level. I'm still frustrated. I'm waiting for them to make some changes."

Mitch Kupchak is the current Lakers general manager.

West, who spent five seasons in Memphis, will leave his post as the Grizzlies' director of basketball operations July 1 at the end of his contract. West helped build the Lakers' dynasty in the '80s and engineered their rebirth in the '90s, overseeing seven NBA championship teams -- including back-to-back champions in 1987-1988 and three consecutive crowns from 2000-2002.

In Memphis, West never had the advantages he enjoyed in the large market of Los Angeles, where he signed Shaquille O'Neal and traded Vlade Divac for Bryant.

Bryant averaged 31.6 points per game in 2007 as the Lakers qualified for the seventh seed in the Western Conference with a 42-40 record. Los Angeles lost in five games to the Suns, however, and the Lakers haven't won a championship since O'Neal was traded to the Heat.

which actually says nothing we hadn't heard already today and offers no actual quote by kobe concerning west...
Old 05-27-2007, 06:29 PM   #11
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2884339

Quote:
Kobe wants West to return to Lakers with full authority

Kobe Bryant isn't happy with the Lakers' direction and wants Jerry West back in Los Angeles to fix things.
Bryant told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that he wants the Lakers to bring West back to the organization and give him full authority. If the Lakers don't want to do that, Bryant said he wants to be traded.

Bryant is frustrated that the team has not made any significant moves since it re-signed him.

"I want to see us get to a contending level," he told The Los Angeles Times. "I want to see us become a championship contender. It's been a frustrating process for me and I'm sure it's been a frustrating process for all Laker fans. I'm just hoping we can get to that level. I'm still frustrated. I'm waiting for them to make some changes."

Mitch Kupchak is the current Lakers general manager.

West, who spent five seasons in Memphis, will leave his post as the Grizzlies' director of basketball operations July 1 at the end of his contract. West helped build the Lakers' dynasty in the '80s and engineered their rebirth in the '90s, overseeing seven NBA championship teams -- including back-to-back champions in 1987-1988 and three consecutive crowns from 2000-2002.

In Memphis, West never had the advantages he enjoyed in the large market of Los Angeles, where he signed Shaquille O'Neal and traded Vlade Divac for Bryant.

Bryant averaged 31.6 points per game in 2007 as the Lakers qualified for the seventh seed in the Western Conference with a 42-40 record. Los Angeles lost in five games to the Suns, however, and the Lakers haven't won a championship since O'Neal was traded to the Heat
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:30 PM   #12
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

So what about the Phil/Jerry fued? Basically the 2 can't coexist, so do you fire Phil in favor of West? I wonder how Kobe feels about that, does his pro-Jerry statement also mean he's over Phil?
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:32 PM   #13
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ nice find Speedy... well, it will make for good headline news for bleedinpurple to read.

i for one, would love to see the Buss family get a sharp dose of public reality right now. Jerry is checked out... Jimmy is an idiot... and Jeanie has no impact on the business running. Then there's Mitch.... oh boy.

something has to change cuz its not working right now!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:32 PM   #14
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

^ still no actual Kobe quote saying "or trade me".
Maybe he said that, but I haven't seen it yet.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #15
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
^ still no actual Kobe quote saying "or trade me".
Maybe he said that, but I haven't seen it yet.

i agree with you... it sounds like things were taken out of context and i am sure that kobe has already talked to mitch and pjax today if not more people... hahah

actually, i look forward to more facts coming out!

it certainly does get one's attention though, so mission accomplished from that perspective!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: