Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-27-2007, 06:47 PM   #16
ZeN

Default Re: Breaking News- Kobe: "Bring back Jerry West or trade me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
So what about the Phil/Jerry fued? Basically the 2 can't coexist, so do you fire Phil in favor of West? I wonder how Kobe feels about that, does his pro-Jerry statement also mean he's over Phil?

I guess he could be thinking of how phil jax help green light some aquisition such as bringing old man Mckey, trading Butler for ball fumblin Kwame, and RadMan "The Space Cadet Liar" who seems way out of place in the triangle.

Maybe that's what he's pondering on. : )
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
So what about the Phil/Jerry fued? Basically the 2 can't coexist, so do you fire Phil in favor of West? I wonder how Kobe feels about that, does his pro-Jerry statement also mean he's over Phil?
that goes to my previous post that something does not meet the eye here... kobe knows that as well as anyone.. so this is either taken way out of context by the reporter or there is a much larger power play at issue with more people involved... kobe is a really saavy person he does not just say things off the cuff,
so either this is a backing of somebody in the organization that wants mitch out or this is meant to put pressure on phil.

Last edited by gts : 05-27-2007 at 07:16 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:29 PM   #18
ZeN

I actually am big time in concordance with this "PowerPlay" comment. While we all may be familiar with Bryants frustration, but we find ourselves in the dark, when it comes to things occuring behind the scenes. Like when jim buss was calling out phil jax even if the season is over.

Frankly, judging by Phil and Mitch's latest moves... I too would be yearning for a savvy JerryWest.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:37 PM   #19
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

This is getting silly, Kobe. People who have kept up with me on this board and the old one knows how I feel about needless "Kobe hate", but this dude is really trying my patience. If Kobe wants the team to get better, the first place he has to look is a mirror.

Is it the front office's fault that Kobe so easily abandons the team concept? Is it Mitch's fault that Kobe really doesn't make the players around him better like great players do? Is it Jim Buss' fault Kobe refuses to play defense? There is plenty of criticism to go around, but out of all the players on the roster, Kobe deserves the most criticism.

It all boils down to this. You can't teach someone to be a great leader. You can't learn to be a great leader. Kobe is not a natural leader. There are better ways to go about this and using the press to lash out against management like he is doing is not helping things. In fact, it's making things much worse.

Kobe, dude, grab a beer, sit on your couch and relax. If Jerry wants to come back, he'll be back. If Jerry doesn't to run an organization at this point in his life, you just made yourself look like an idiot and gave more fuel to the Kobe ******. I can't defend you anymore. I want to, but I can't. You are not bigger than the franchise and I'm beginning to believe the franchise would be better without you.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #20
WeJustNeedaRing
I brick open layups

Just get Kobe more players..
look what he did with the players hes had over the past 2 seasons hes put them on his back and led them to the playoffs
if he gets 2 more or even 1 allstar they can go to the finals or close to the finals with ease.
WeJustNeedaRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #21
hotsizzle
Superstar

Bucher again:

Kobe is getting the sense that fans of LA are thinking he wants to get traded. He doesn't want to be traded. He wants to stay in LA...but he wants a guy in charge that can build a championship team. Someone he can trust. He went on to tell Bucher that "he knows West is available" and would like him to be in charge.

If its short of that then yes, he might have to waive his trade clause because if the team isn't pursuing a championship right now and the clock is ticking on him, then it might be time to go.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:54 PM   #22
ZeN

First of all if you look at The Laker roster you'll see little improvement. While you may be correct in many aspects about Kobe, it still does not explain the futility of managements moves.

Sure K.B. Does not fuction to a picture perfect ideal, but he delivers a considerate amout more, than many "stars" in this league.

If he does end up departing however, ofcourse its not the end of the world. You have the biggest trade asset in the N.B.A. The lakers have L.O. And Bynum. Plus, no one should ever be considered greater than the actual franchise.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:04 PM   #23
gts
Sons of Antartica

This just in Brian cook has demanded that the soda machines at the practice facility be stocked with grape crush... "i'm tired of managment, not making the proper moves that will assure me of a satsfying beverage" he goes on to say "either stock it or trade me"

now back to our previously scheduled thread
Old 05-27-2007, 08:07 PM   #24
hotsizzle
Superstar

Breaking News from Radio (Joe McDonald):

Joe says he spoke with someone very very close to Jerry West and this person told Joe that on July 1st Mr. West would listen to the Lakers and considering coming back not only as a consultant but also a full time position. But for now, West will not listen or comment on anything because hes focused on Memphis' draft

take it for what its worth
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:19 PM   #25
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Breaking News from Radio (Joe McDonald):

Joe says he spoke with someone very very close to Jerry West and this person told Joe that on July 1st Mr. West would listen to the Lakers and considering coming back not only as a consultant but also a full time position. But for now, West will not listen or comment on anything because hes focused on Memphis' draft

take it for what its worth
well that's the only way it can be, the lakers would need to ask permission of the grizzlies to speak to west otherwise... joe macdoanld may state the obvious or over hype his breaking news but rarely does he speak out of school...
Old 05-27-2007, 09:22 PM   #26
ZeN

Red face Re: Breaking News- Kobe: "Bring back Jerry West or trade me"

I for one am clutchin' to mah knickers hopin' that Jerry "TheLogo" West returns!

Now that has nuthin' to do with Kobe's debacle. I just want Mista Clutch Back.

Last edited by ZeN : 05-27-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #27
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

It will probably be another year of LAMEDUCK for Kobe.

Kobe is doing the right thing...making noise to force Kupchak get off his lazy couch and stop eating those cupcakes and drink tequila and start doing something productive bargaining!! Kobe deserve better.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #28
akts
Serious playground baller

Hell having West back would fix alot of things..
But Kobe's Frustration is getting annoying. He needs to keep his anger IN the organization and stop venting publicly.. it makes you look like a whining, crybaby. I know he worked his ass off and carried what he could and went on scoring rampages to win at times.. but he was happy when we were winning in the start of the season. NO DEFENSE is going to lead to an ending season PERIOD.
When you get your butt kicked you take that with the good as well.
I just think that this triangle needed to be aborted for the current roster to be better. It does not suit the team we have.
I hate to say it.. but Kobe can get us more in return right now than the outgoing players we want to trade.
I don't hate Kobe, I love him, but if he can make MY LAKERS Better.. well sorry business is business. Everyone gets old or traded. That is the way the market works.
We are in a rebuilding stage anyways.
If they can work out a way to get better with kobe.. great..
if we can get to a near elite level by trading him NOW.. while he is coveted by everyone.. GREAT too.
I am a laker fan first and foremost and a kobe fan next.
I say do what is best for the organization.. or ANY player can hold you hostage.
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #29
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

I have a bad feeling that Jerry West won't come back to the Lakers.

The Kobe and Jackson era is coming to an end, while the The Dark Era is coming really close.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #30
akts
Serious playground baller

We're boned either way.. trade to make him happy.. shallow roster.. trade kobe away... laker fans cry..
Like I said we are rebuilding anyways.. might as well use what you have to get better..
take that as you will..
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: