Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #31
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Default Re: Breaking News- Kobe: "Bring back Jerry West or trade me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by akts
We're boned either way.. trade to make him happy.. shallow roster.. trade kobe away... laker fans cry..
Like I said we are rebuilding anyways.. might as well use what you have to get better..
take that as you will..

We could try to get Brandon Roy from the Blazers for Kobe.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:12 PM   #32
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Oh come on, out of all the teams and players in NBA, all we get for KB is. Brandon Roy? I mean he's great, but I'm sure thelakers could squeeze out something betta. Plus, you gotta remember that they have to match salaries, so how's other contract would you have to take, Randolph? I think not.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:13 PM   #33
akts
Serious playground baller

I would do a roy and oden trade.. but i know the blazers aint going for that.. It does not imporve them in any way. really..The bulls are going to be skinned to death to make a play for kobe.,. any team is..ask jim buss.. he says scorched earth policy for ANY kobe trade..which is the way it should be. No one wants to play through adversity like the old teams of the 80's did.by that I mean it took 5-8 years to make a contender at times.. 3 years aint squat to compared times of old.
The Blazers are trying to drop randolph to the wizards.
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #34
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
I would do a roy and oden trade.. but i know the blazers aint going for that.. It does not imporve them in any way. really..The bulls are going to be skinned to death to make a play for kobe.,. any team is..ask jim buss.. he says scorched earth policy for ANY kobe trade..which is the way it should be. No one wants to play through adversity like the old teams of the 80's did.by that I mean it took 5-8 years to make a contender at times.. 3 years aint squat to compared times of old.
The Blazers are trying to drop randolph to the wizards.

Now Roy and Oden woulld be a worthy discussion. Unfortunately, neighter Portland nor Bryant would be in favor of it.

From a "KobeFanPerspective" him heading to the bulls would be perfect. They are deep enough to part with legit talent, but being left with enough for them and KB to work with. Plus, being in the east, the road to the finals would not be as laboring as here with the "WestCoastTitans"
Old 05-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #35
akts
Serious playground baller

Yeah.. we could always trade him to the bulls and release a statement saying we did him a favor for all his hard work.. lol..
I could see kupchak doing that too..
I wish there was a way to get an elite team.. but with the UNREALISTIC trades tossed about.. it aint happening for 3 years at least.. .. unless we abort the triangle and hope that whatever team we get assembled can play in a flow and groove.. .. which I think it could..then SMUSH could really SHINE!!LOL. The triangle really suffocates instincts..in a trade for discipline and training.. which should have helped this current team.. instead we just bled to death.. it was an odd season.
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:34 PM   #36
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yeah.. we could always trade him to the bulls and release a statement saying we did him a favor for all his hard work.. lol..
I could see kupchak doing that too..
I wish there was a way to get an elite team.. but with the UNREALISTIC trades tossed about.. it aint happening for 3 years at least.. .. unless we abort the triangle and hope that whatever team we get assembled can play in a flow and groove.. .. which I think it could..then SMUSH could really SHINE!!LOL. The triangle really suffocates instincts..in a trade for discipline and training.. which should have helped this current team.. instead we just bled to death.. it was an odd season.

The Triangle isn't the only reason why the Lakers lose. Its the defense and injuries. Don't be using, "Oh but Kobe doesn't pass the ball and is a ****** lol" because it isn't Kobe's fault that his teammates aren't shooting the ball well and not playing good defense.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:43 PM   #37
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
We could try to get Brandon Roy from the Blazers for Kobe.

Are You Crazy . . . Trade a Roockie for the Best player of the League. . .

I Don't Think So . .

ELebronD
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:46 PM   #38
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elebrond
Are You Crazy . . . Trade a Roockie for the Best player of the League. . .

I Don't Think So . .

ELebronD

I guess I should lay off the crack.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:49 PM   #39
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
I guess I should lay off the crack.
hahaha too funny... good one lakerwarrior, yeah at least put the pipe down for a bit...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:55 PM   #40
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
hahaha too funny... good one lakerwarrior, yeah at least put the pipe down for a bit...

but seriously, I think Brandon Roy will be the Next Kobe Bryant.

Brandon Roy will be a perfect addition for the Lakers, it also frees up salary cap for the Lakers.

Brandon Roy will one day be on the defensive team and all star team.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:57 PM   #41
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
but seriously, I think Brandon Roy will be the Next Kobe Bryant.

Brandon Roy will be a perfect addition for the Lakers, it also frees up salary cap for the Lakers.

Brandon Roy will one day be on the defensive team and all star team.

Very bold statement.... props for putting it out there.... I guess time will tell!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #42
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

If you are a true laker fan, then you have seen a bunch of games where Bryant would pass and pass, and people like Cook & Sasha would just brick and miss. You only receive an assist if the other guy makes it, and kobe passed plenty but the others missed.

When Kobe goes cold, all our hope flows right out the window.

And when it comes to Defence, while Bryant may not be splendid... Last we saw, the whole team was walking to the space cadets beat. Horrible team defence.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #43
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

If we are forced to trade Kobe I say to the Bulls for:

Deng,Gordon,PJ Brown (S&T to make numbers match) and # 9. This gives us a solid young core while leaving enough talent on Chicago to contend.
OldTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:44 AM   #44
gts
Sons of Antartica

bucher was on ESPN a bit ago and never mentioned the trade part, as a matter of fact he said kobe does not want to be traded and that by signing jerry west they would be showing kobe that they are serious about building a contender... he never mentioned a word about kobe demanding to be traded if they didn't sign jerry west, yet he had earlier.... seems like maybe mr. bucher is doing a little back peddling
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:48 AM   #45
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
bucher was on ESPN a bit ago and never mentioned the trade part, as a matter of fact he said kobe does not want to be traded and that by signing jerry west they would be showing kobe that they are serious about building a contender... he never mentioned a word about kobe demanding to be traded if they didn't sign jerry west, yet he had earlier.... seems like maybe mr. bucher is doing a little back peddling

Could be. I just wonder if trading for Artest will be enough to keep Kobe happy, bc I don't see much else happening this off season bc of Kwame's and LO's situations. They are more likely to be moved at the trade deadline.
OldTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: