Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

OldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat cool
Default If Kobe does demand Trade

I am not saying that he has or that he even will, but if he does I would think that Chicago is the most likely destination. Chicago will most likely want to shake things up this summer and Kobe most likely would waive his NTC to go there.

I would take 2 of their young players (Deng and Gordon would be my preference) and the # 9 for Kobe. The only problem I see is that it will be near impossible to get the Salaries to match with CHI town without them giving up their entire roster or Wallace (whom I don't want).

Any thoughts
OldTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Kobe does demand Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTerp
I am not saying that he has or that he even will, but if he does I would think that Chicago is the most likely destination. Chicago will most likely want to shake things up this summer and Kobe most likely would waive his NTC to go there.

I would take 2 of their young players (Deng and Gordon would be my preference) and the # 9 for Kobe. The only problem I see is that it will be near impossible to get the Salaries to match with CHI town without them giving up their entire roster or Wallace (whom I don't want).

Any thoughts

Well, since you asked...
3-way

Lakers trade Kobe, Kwame, #19, #40
get Gasol, Gay, Swift, #4 (draft Conley), filler

Memphis trades Gasol, Gay, #4
get Kobe, Marcus Camby, #19

Denver trades Camby
get Kwame, #40 (Denver is looking for cap relief)

Memphis
Lowry, Kobe, Mike Miller, Camby, Hakim Warrick, draft a PF/PG

Lakers
Mike Conley, Rudy Gay, Gasol, Bynum, LO
(then trade LO for SG, etc.)
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Chicago won't be the only franchise looking for Kobe.

Possible Franchise trying to get Kobe.

Chicago
Charlotte
New York( So true)
Orlando
SAS
Portland
New Jersey

Not only that, but Phil Jackson will end up leaving the Lakers.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kobe for lebron james, and filler..kobe for carmelo and camby, kobe for kg, kobe for wade, posey and kapono
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #5
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

OldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
Chicago won't be the only franchise looking for Kobe.

Possible Franchise trying to get Kobe.

Chicago
Charlotte
New York( So true)
Orlando
SAS
Portland
New Jersey

Not only that, but Phil Jackson will end up leaving the Lakers.
\

I understand that many teams will want KB, but he will also have to agree to go. I see Memphis and Chicago being the most probable. I think the a trade with Chicago gives us the best chance to win a championship in the near future. If we could Land Deng and Gordon with the #9, we would have a solid young core for the future with Bynum, Gordon, Deng anour 19 and their 9.

My feeling is that if we trade KB we will have to look at 3-5 years to win as opposed to right now.

Last edited by OldTerp : 05-27-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
kobe for lebron james, and filler..kobe for carmelo and camby, kobe for kg, kobe for wade, posey and kapono

Are you serious? Lol
Old 05-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ yes kobe is the greatest player in the league today, teams would lineup enmass for a shot at him...he is a superstar and anybody who wants him is going to have to give up alot to have him...
Old 05-27-2007, 10:42 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

you would trade Kobe straight-up for KG?
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:46 PM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
you would trade Kobe straight-up for KG?
if he demanded a trade yes...

farmar
walton
odom
kg
bynum

passing, rebounding, defense and scoring
Old 05-27-2007, 10:49 PM   #10
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
if he demanded a trade yes...

farmar
walton
odom
kg
bynum

passing, rebounding, defense and scoring

The Timberwolves don't just want Kobe, I think they want Bynum too.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
The Timberwolves don't just want Kobe, I think they want Bynum too.

no when you get the best player in the league, you don't get to ask for surgar on top...lol

you get kobe
Old 05-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #12
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

I agree that Kobe is the best player in the league, but he is still only slightly better than either LJ or Dwade and they have a lot more left in the tank than Kobe. No way Miami or cleveland does that trade. Denver might trade Carmello, but I would rather have two to three young studs than one All-star. No way I trade Kobe to for Mello and Camby. As for the KG trade that won't happen because neither KB or Kg would agree to that, the Lakers would become the wolves the wolves would become the lakers.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:59 PM   #13
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
no when you get the best player in the league, you don't get to ask for surgar on top...lol

you get kobe

You miss the point. Kobe never agrees to go to Wolves if KG isn't there.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:03 PM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

May I ask why we are speculating about a trade based on a demand that has never been made? I am just curious.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #15
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
May I ask why we are speculating about a trade based on a demand that has never been made? I am just curious.

lol because there is nothing better to do...

if you go back and read my early posts, i'm with you that i don't think this has been actually said... the real good stuff is in the conspiracy thoery dooms day thread
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: