Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-27-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Default The Dark Era is about to begin.

Jerry West isn't coming back to the Lakers. I know this won't happen, Jerry West isn't a youngster anymore, if Jerry West can't get the Grizzles past the First Round, then he can't get the Lakers past the First Round.

Here are some possible losses for the Lakers if Kobe gets traded.

- We lose Kobe Bryant.

- We will lose Phil Jackson.

- We will lose Lamar Odom in a trade for a sg and/or draft picks.

- We lose Luke Walton to Free agency.

I am just speaking my own mind.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Default Re: The Dark Era is about to begin.

wow, dude, you are really bumming me out!
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:35 PM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

MAN THE LIFE BOATS THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!!!
who cares the lakers won games before kobe and they will long after kobe ends his career here in a FEW years...
lets look at some facts here...

kobe is not dumb.

any trade would leave him at a team so stripped of talent that he'd be in the same fate as now.

we have yet to see the words atributed to kobe in quotes yet.

kobe would not make a statement like this unless he knew it was going to happen.

This is probably part of a multi level power stuggle if true. somebody who kobe trusts within management is backing this play

or kobe is a chirlish moron who opens his mouth with out ever thinking about the outcome of his words (if you belive this you have not been paying attention the last few years, kobe may be the single most cautious speaker in the league, do you really think he'd put three years of image building at risk, kobe like him or love him is all about how he is percieved)

so since we speculating about all this stuff how about lets speculate WHY he may have said it...

lets turn this into a real old fashion conspiracy theory thread...

Last edited by gts : 05-27-2007 at 11:40 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
MAN THE LIFE BOATS THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!!!
who cares the lakers won games before kobe and they will long after kobe ends his career here in a FEW years...
lets look at some facts here...

kobe is not dumb.

any trade would leave him at a team so stripped of talent that he'd be in the same fate as now.

we have yet to see the words atributed to kobe in quotes yet.

kobe would not make a statement like this unless he knew it was going to happen.

This is probably part of a multi level power stuggle if true. somebody who kobe trusts within management is backing this play

or kobe is a chirlish moron who opens his mouth with out ever thinking about the outcome of his words (if you belive this you have not been paying attention the last few years, kobe may be the single most cautious speaker in the league, do you really think he'd put three years of image building at risk, kobe like him or love him is all about how he is percieved)

so since we speculating about all this stuff how about lets speculate WHY he may have said it...

lets turn this into a real old fashion conspiracy theory thread...

OK...
Kobe and Phil are on the same page..to win now. thus, bringing in West can only help. they see that Jerry Buss is clearly giving more power to his son, making Mitch handcuffed, and that is not helping the goal of "win now".
thus, Kobe/Phil power move to let Jerry know that letting Little Jim dictate direction will be a major mistake.
This is not about pushing aside Mitch (opposite, if anything), this is about pushing aside Little Jim.

that's my theory. what say you?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:00 AM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

As the world turns....!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:04 AM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
OK...
Kobe and Phil are on the same page..to win now. thus, bringing in West can only help. they see that Jerry Buss is clearly giving more power to his son, making Mitch handcuffed, and that is not helping the goal of "win now".
thus, Kobe/Phil power move to let Jerry know that letting Little Jim dictate direction will be a major mistake.
This is not about pushing aside Mitch (opposite, if anything), this is about pushing aside Little Jim.

that's my theory. what say you?

that's a good one!

how about this

kobe talks to jerry west about it jerry says i can't take mitch's job he is too good an old friend i'd only be able to take that job if it was open. plus i'd need 100 percent control again...

kobe's people call jerry buss and explains the situation, jerry says he can't just up and fire mitch, he's been a loyal memeber of the laker family for over 25 years, now if somebody was to make it clear they were not happy with mitch's work, then i could be justified in breaking his contract....

kobe's people call the sports writers and leak kobe's disatisfaction (that's why there are no actual quotes) and here we are today playing black helicopter
Old 05-28-2007, 12:06 AM   #7
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
kobe is not dumb.

any trade would leave him at a team so stripped of talent that he'd be in the same fate as now..

That's exactly it. He isn't dumb. He wouldn't allow that to happen.
He has a opt out clause in his contract which he can use to get traded where he wants to get traded and pretty much he can decide who he"ll get traded for so no, it's not like the Lakers will rip other team apart.

Any trade the Lakers make involving Kobe will favor Kobe the most, his new team that is because they will have to trade him to a team of his choice.....if the trade happens.

As for the original post...wtf? We don't need Jerry West to play, so what if he isn't a youngster anymore lol? It's not like he's gonna play out there.
Yes losing Phil is definitely a possibility. You lose Kobe and I doubt Phil comes back.
As for Odom, who really cares. He isn't really a part of the Kobe team anyway, at least not when it comes to him fitting with Kobe on the court.

As for Kobe's statements thru Smith and now Butcher, who knows.. Something is definitely cooking.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:10 AM   #8
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

I actually, see things as making a turn for the better. We either trade for Artest giving us:

Farmar/Sasha
Kobe/Evans
Artest/?
LO/Turiaf
Kwame/Bynum

This improves our team (if Artest remains stable) and if we still need more Kwame will make better trade bait at the deadline.

Or we trade Kobe (as Kwame and Lo aren't in much demand right now bc of their injuries). If we trade Kobe I say we do it for youth and potential with someone like Chicago. If we trade Kobe for Deng, Gordon and # 9 (will need to do something to make salaries work like a third team) we end up with:

Gordon/Farmar
Evans/Sasha
Deng/Walton
LO/Turiaf
Kwame/Bynum

with the 9th and 19th pick in this draft. That team competes for a few years until players develope and then they contend.
OldTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:17 AM   #9
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
That's exactly it. He isn't dumb. He wouldn't allow that to happen.
He has a opt out clause in his contract which he can use to get traded where he wants to get traded and pretty much he can decide who he"ll get traded for so no, it's not like the Lakers will rip other team apart.

Thats why I see Chi-Town being the best option. They have enough talent and DPs to trade for KB and still be the top dog in the East. Tell me this lineup isn't favored to will the east.

Hinrich
Kobe
Noconi
Thomas
Wallace

Duhon as the 6th man
Old 05-28-2007, 12:25 AM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
As for Kobe's statements thru Smith and now Butcher, who knows.. Something is definitely cooking.

As far as I am concerned, the only thing cooking is that Kobe is using the media as a leverage point to influence the Lakers. Its just smart business for him to do it. I don't think there is any other plans lurking or whatever.

Then again, thats my opinion despite my frustration for the current state of affairs.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:42 AM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
As far as I am concerned, the only thing cooking is that Kobe is using the media as a leverage point to influence the Lakers. Its just smart business for him to do it. I don't think there is any other plans lurking or whatever.

Then again, thats my opinion despite my frustration for the current state of affairs.

i agree... now stop intejecting reality into our black helicopter thread...lol
Old 05-28-2007, 12:44 AM   #12
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i agree... now stop intejecting reality into our black helicopter thread...lol

lol
Old 05-28-2007, 02:17 AM   #13
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
that's a good one!

how about this

kobe talks to jerry west about it jerry says i can't take mitch's job he is too good an old friend i'd only be able to take that job if it was open. plus i'd need 100 percent control again...

kobe's people call jerry buss and explains the situation, jerry says he can't just up and fire mitch, he's been a loyal memeber of the laker family for over 25 years, now if somebody was to make it clear they were not happy with mitch's work, then i could be justified in breaking his contract....

kobe's people call the sports writers and leak kobe's disatisfaction (that's why there are no actual quotes) and here we are today playing black helicopter

excellent black helicopter.
here's another one...
Phil gets Kobe to make those comments to the press, ostensibly for the "win now" scenario... BUT... the hidden agenda is for Phil's sweetheart, Jeannie, to unseat Jim as the heir apparent to the leadership of the Lakers...effectively setting up Phil to ultimately run the show. ha!
Old 05-28-2007, 02:24 AM   #14
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

I'm happy cause no matter what happens we are far from screwed.

We have Kobe, Phil Jax, Odom, Bynum, Kwame(NicePossibleTradeBait) RadMan who can't be worse than last season and a organization with flash.

Regardless of if we keep or trade, at least we had nice options to work with.

I would be despondent if my team was a stagnant one like The Hawks, a bland one like The Bucks, or a real roster disaster (money wise) like The Knicks.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:27 AM   #15
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I'm happy cause no matter what happens we are far from screwed.

We have Kobe, Phil Jax, Odom, Bynum, Kwame(NicePossibleTradeBait) RadMan who can't be worse than last season and a organization with flash.

Regardless of if we keep or trade, at least we had nice options to work with.

I would be despondent if my team was a stagnant one like The Hawks, a bland one like The Bucks, or a real roster disaster (money wise) like The Knicks.

or like the most screwed franchise...TWolves.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: