Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-28-2007, 05:03 AM   #16
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OT: M.Vick is a dog killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
So you are saying his popularity has taken a huge hit in the African American population?

I don't think so; the black people in Atlanta are probably still denying the allegations. If you ask most black people whose jersey they'd rather have Vicks or Bradys, the majority would pick Vick.

maybe 95% is a little high, but probably something like 75% still supports him
Maybe I'm not getting what you are saying. Did you say 75-95% will support/defend him when it comes to dog fighting or 75-95% will support him as a player they like to watch and cheer for?

If its the later I agree.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:05 AM   #17
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Maybe I'm not getting what you are saying. Did you say 75-95% will support/defend him when it comes to dog fighting or 75-95% will support him as a player they like to watch and cheer for?

If its the later I agree.

The second one
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:07 AM   #18
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
The second one
Ok cool.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:09 AM   #19
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

dog fighting is bad

but

the sanitization of the American athlete is falkin pathetic.

every league is turning into Nanny central.

"If you work for Corporation A and you do this you get fired..."

I hate this line of reasoning, because millions of people can work for Corporation A, very few can be pro athletes.

Let the police deal with it, not Roger Falkin Goodell
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:11 AM   #20
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
dog fighting is bad

but

I hate this line of reasoning, because millions of people can work for Corporation A, very few can be pro athletes.

good point....

but if I work for Corporation A, and I am killing dogs on a daily basis....then what?
Old 05-28-2007, 05:12 AM   #21
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
dog fighting is bad

but

I agree somewhat but you cant blame Goodell for getting involved after all the **** that has happened with the Bengals lately. The media blows everything up and Goodell is forced to go into damage control mode.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:13 AM   #22
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
good point....

but if I work for Corporation A, and I am killing dogs on a daily basis....then what?

it is a police matter, as long as your dog killing doesn't affect your work performance or as long as Corporation A is not liable in any way.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:14 AM   #23
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
I agree somewhat but you cant blame Goodell for getting involved after all the **** that has happened with the Bengals lately. The media blows everything up and Goodell is forced to go into damage control mode.

let the police deal with it and have rules for the NFL based on police findings and legal rulings, not this pre-ruling punishment they have given the green light to.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:14 AM   #24
-primetime-

Quote:
it is a police matter, as long as your dog killing doesn't affect your work performance or as long as Corporation A is not liable in any way.
and police say : Vick is a dog killer
Old 05-28-2007, 05:16 AM   #25
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
and police say : Vick is a dog killer

Well if the police charge him, the NFL should have suspensions in place to deal with CHARGES, not arrests, that is my point.

Maybe Vick supplies Korean restaurants...jk

for the record I have been to a dog restaurant in Korea so dont call me a racist or an Asian h8r or any other nonsense.
-dog's for consumption are bludgeoned to death with the idea being their adrenaline will make the meat more medicinal and give the eater extra verility. They are also farmed like any other animal and a specific breed, not plucked from the local shelter.

Last edited by JtotheIzzo : 05-28-2007 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:34 AM   #26
AllNBAArenas
Decent playground baller

AllNBAArenas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Maybe Vick supplies Korean restaurants...jk

Yummmm....dog...it's what for dinner!

AllNBAArenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:07 AM   #27
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

its more than just betting on dog fights. the dude was hosting them at his house.

all that money and he's smokin weed, hosting dog fights... wtf? guy needs to grow up.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #28
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Until he's formally charged and found guilty I don't care.

In fact, if and when he's charged and found guilty I still won't care.

Too many tragic things are happening on a daily basis for me to care about a pit fight. Sh%t, call me when we bring our troops home then maybe I'll give a damn about a dog.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

2 topics in the off court forum. But whatever. And the only reason Kblaze doesnt care about dog fighting which doesnt compare to KFC and chickens is because he got OWNED by a similar dog as a kid. So he was traumatized and til this day hates dogs. There goes his carefree factor...it was bit out of his ass by "GetEm Boy". And he got him alright. He thought this was a movie like Stand by Me where he escapes, hopes over the gate and shakes his ass in front of the dog. He didnt even make it to the gate before he got sacked like a QB via Shawn Merriman.

*dogs does LIGHTS OUT DANCE*

And Vick hasnt been charged with anything and prosecutors said there is either no evidence or not solid evidence to come up with a charge. That could be talk...who knows but what I do know is they are gathering as much shyt as they can so they can sack Vick for a loss. They're not gonna come up short with no BS charge his wealthy status can slap down. They probably wanna throw something at him where he gives up names of others. Or maybe nothing happens. To be continued...so many articles, theories that after the water bottle incident where he was found innocent yet some still think he is guilty (found him guilty from day 1). I'm gonna just see what happens after the season. Yes because i dont think nothing happens to him for this upcoming season. I just hope FOX football and Espn during game days doesnt run this crap every Sunday like they did the TO drama. Football not a soap opera. Not reality TV per say.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #30
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Dog fighting is cruel and disgusting and has no place in society. Anyone who condones, promotes or hosts dog fights is an IDIOT and deserves to be punished. Period.

Michael Vick is nothing more than punk azz ghetto thug. He should be worried more about treating his genital herpes than dog fighting.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: