Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-28-2007, 06:36 PM   #31
Pyro
Banned

Pyro has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: UFC vs. Boxing

Boxing wont get you anywhere when hit the floor and begin to ground fight
Boxers are trained to fight on thier feet unlike UFC fighters

Every fight i have been in and im sure anyone else here has been in ended up on the floor. A UFC fighter would destroy any Boxer period

Last edited by Pyro : 05-28-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:58 PM   #32
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I dont see to much MMA in UFC (pride)... Horrible punches and Great submission techniques. Cro Cop was knocked out by Gonzaga the worse telegraphed roundhouse kick. Sorry the only technical aspect to MMA is the submission holds but they usually take hits just to get someone on the floor. You dont see crisp techniques with hands or feet. They can announce how many styles or versions of martial arts a person has studied and still see the worse punches and kicks thrown no form whatsoever. You see haymakers though but not much technique. Occasionally show me a crisp side kick or roundhouse show me some resemblance of karate, kung fu, tae kwan do but I am always disappointed!
There are some characters I dont mind watching fight because they are good at what they do in UFC/Pride ring.

Liddell fight was not stopped early because once both hands went on the mat and he was absolutely not defending himself the ref jumped in... Liddell lost to a has been and Liddell is clearly a has been now as well. I wanted to see Cro Cop destroy Liddell.

One thing I never understood is if someone lunges at you head down at your feet can you not just kick them straight on? Or just stomp down on the head?

I dont think the UFC will ever be regarded as highly as boxing and its not fair to compare the two. Way different animals. UFC will have its own market and niche. Boxing fans will not gravitate to UFC and most likely UFC fans wont gravitate to Boxing. In regards to both I will watch mostly names as a casual fan.

If Mayweather fought anyone in the UFC at the same weight class I would have to take Mayweather once someone shoots for his legs they would get hit with an assortment of punches to the top of the head. Shooting at someones legs with your head down is not intelligent fighting.

Last edited by Rameek : 05-28-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #33
Mr.Fundamentals
I brick open layups

Mr.Fundamentals has an OK reputation so far

I like UFC betta...more action not just people duckin and dodgin punches
Mr.Fundamentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #34
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I dont see to much MMA in UFC (pride)... Horrible punches and Great submission techniques. Cro Cop was knocked out by Gonzaga the worse telegraphed roundhouse kick. Sorry the only technical aspect to MMA is the submission holds but they usually take hits just to get someone on the floor. You dont see crisp techniques with hands or feet. They can announce how many styles or versions of martial arts a person has studied and still see the worse punches and kicks thrown no form whatsoever. You see haymakers though but not much technique. Occasionally show me a crisp side kick or roundhouse show me some resemblance of karate, kung fu, tae kwan do but I am always disappointed!

Watch Anderson Silva, Marcus Davis, Dennis Kang, GSP, Spencer Fisher, or Cro Cop fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
One thing I never understood is if someone lunges at you head down at your feet can you not just kick them straight on? Or just stomp down on the head?

If Mayweather fought anyone in the UFC at the same weight class I would have to take Mayweather once someone shoots for his legs they would get hit with an assortment of punches to the top of the head. Shooting at someones legs with your head down is not intelligent fighting.

joking?

Take a strong wrestling shot and you'll have a second or two to think about the error of your ways when your body gets turned horizontal mid-air and consequently slammed into the mat.

Only way to stop a strong shot is sprawl, push away, or a well-timed knee. I would like to see Floyd try and wing downward punches at a guy's head when he's driving into him and taking away his base in the span of a second or two.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #35
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

An MMA fighter would kick any boxer's ass...their way more versitile and can fight on the ground...but a boxer would always have a punchers chance..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #36
JJ baller 69
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JJ baller 69 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

r arms longer than legs? do u seriously think legs can't move as fast as arms? watch this video and tell me if u can land a punch on this dude's face before he lands a kick on ur neck. folyd will have a very hard time landing a punch on this dude.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iBExHg5A-...elated&search=
JJ baller 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #37
JJ baller 69
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JJ baller 69 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Only way to stop a strong shot is sprawl, push away, or a well-timed knee. I would like to see Floyd try and wing downward punches at a guy's head when he's driving into him and taking away his base in the span of a second or two.

yeah, floyd doesn't have a knockout punch so there's a high chance that he will be taken down before he can land clear punches on a mma fighter.
JJ baller 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #38
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ baller 69
r arms longer than legs? do u seriously think legs can't move as fast as arms? watch this video and tell me if u can land a punch on this dude's face before he lands a kick on ur neck. folyd will have a very hard time landing a punch on this dude.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iBExHg5A-...elated&search=
since when was this guy in the UFC??? never implied a boxer would fair well against a muy thai fighter... stay focused!

Zombies:
Depending on the distance a person would shoot from would determine how successful they may be at getting Floyd down. And usually when someone shoots a fighter he is flat footed, weak attacking straight line, or retreating straight line. Mayweather is not really a linear fighter very circular.
Again I mentioned Cro Cop, I did mention there are some fighters I do like.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:41 PM   #39
timmyD
I hit open layups

timmyD has an OK reputation so far

people keep saying that boxers would lose to ufc fighters but its quite the opposite from what ive seen on the fox sports net broadcast of PRIDE fighting when they have people coming in from boxing background taking on judo/mma backgrounds and winning. boxers just tend to have the composure to wait for the right attack and any boxer is lightyears faster than any ufc fighter. im sure floyd maywheter could have read a book in the time it took that punch that knock chuck lidell out to go past floyds face. boxers speed would confuse the hell out of any ufc fighter. and yeah im talking about a pride fight not like a boxer in a ufc fight, i was suggesting who is the better overall athlete as well
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: