Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-28-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
DADraftPRO122006
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DADraftPRO122006 has an OK reputation so far
Default predict greg odens career

predict greg oden's averages for his rookie year, best year, career and awards

rookie season: 15 ppg 8.9 rpg 3.8 apg 1.98 bpg 0.20 spg

best season 23.7 ppg 18.1 rpg 5.3 apg (passing out of double teams) 5.68 bpg 0.29 spg

career averages 21.1 pg 17.5 rpg 5.1 apg 4.74 bpg 0.19 spg

R.O.Y.
2 MVP's
11 all stars
10 all nba teams either 1 or 2
8 defensive players
hall of fame
DADraftPRO122006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
ballwatcher123
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ballwatcher123 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: predict greg odens career

i dont know about that career rebound average. if he starts at 9 rpg and his best is 18 i dont know how his average would be 17 pergame.
ballwatcher123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:48 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I say right around what you said for rookie year:
14-17pts, 7-10reb, a couple assists, and a couple blocks

As for his best year, I could see something like:
22-26pts, 13-15reb, 3-5ast, and over 3blocks

His career average would be around:
20-24pts, 12-14reb, 2-4asts, and somewhere under or around 3blocks

I don't think he will win ROY, I do think he will play until his late 30's, so I think even if Yao gets the votes, he will be an automatic backup All-Star center, so maybe 12 to 15 All-Star games depending on his 2nd and 3rd years and how long Okur is better, and if Amare is considered a center. It might take him a few years to break into the game, but he will be automatic for years.

It is hard to predict the All-NBA teams, because of Yao, Amare, Howard, Bosh, and maybe Curry all being great potential centers. I would say up around 10 1st and 2nd teams because I do think they would be creative and make room for him.

No way he gets 8 DPOY awards. 2, 3, or 4 at best.

And I think the HOF could be within his reach if he stays healthy and can lead Portland to a couple championships.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:00 AM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

rookie season 3+ ast???!!! nah... he's not a consistent scorer down the block... so im not expecting any double team for him to pass out to shooters... and 5+ bpg in his prime is sick... Greg Oden is sick!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADraftPRO122006

best season 23.7 ppg 18.1 rpg 5.3 apg(passing out of double teams) 5.68 bpg 0.29 spg

career averages 21.1 pg 17.5 rpg 5.1 apg 4.74 bpg 0.19 spg

Prepare to be severely disappointed.

Last edited by The Answer : 09-15-2009 at 11:19 AM.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

for his career

30 ppg, 20 rpg, 5 apg, 6 bpg, 2 spg
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:35 AM   #7
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
Prepare to be severely dissapointed.
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #8
Mista Kool
Rape Is Wrong

Mista Kool is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Rookie Year: Injured List
Rookie Year, Part Duex: 8.9 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.1 bpg, 0.5 apg
Best Year: 16.1 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 2.3 bpg, 1.4 apg
Career Avg.: 13.6 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 2.0 bpg, 1.1 apg

A good center, but not the franchise talent the media made him out to be.
Mista Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:27 PM   #9
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

People really expected 16+ rebounds from him?
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #10
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"And on the seventh day, Greg Oden rested"

catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think he'll be one of the elite defensive players in the league and a big part of a contending Blazers team for years IF his injury problems are mostly behind him. I doubt he'll ever be a Shaq type scorer or even a Patrick Ewing/David Robinson type scorer, but he won't need to be.

As long as he blocks shots, , rebounds, plays defense and scores when he gets easy putbacks and open dunks then that should be enough to keep the Blazers contending. Portland has a ton of scorers already which is why Greg isn't going to focus on that.

As far as numbers, I'd expect a healthy Greg Oden in his prime to be among the leaders in blocks, rebounds and FG%. He has great defensive instincts, makes some incredible blocks, already rebounds very well and he keeps the ball in play with his blocks. There'll always be a place for a player like that.

People forget that he's one of the most athletic centers ever. Sure he's raw and injury prone, but it's ridiculous for people to label him a bust already. I've seen 3 centers as athletic or more athletic than Greg. They are Shaq, David Robinson and Dwight Howard. Hell, there aren't many players Oden's size in the leagues who don't move like complete stiffs.

As far as stats in his second year. If he gets close to 30 mpg I'd say 11-12 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 bpg and about 60% shooting. I expect a major improvement from his rookie year because year 2 after the microfracture surgery is when players are usually recovered, he now has a summer to work on skills, he's already lost the extra weight and he has a year of NBA experience under his belt.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:34 AM   #12
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
I think he'll be one of the elite defensive players in the league and a big part of a contending Blazers team for years IF his injury problems are mostly behind him. I doubt he'll ever be a Shaq type scorer or even a Patrick Ewing/David Robinson type scorer, but he won't need to be.

As long as he blocks shots, , rebounds, plays defense and scores when he gets easy putbacks and open dunks then that should be enough to keep the Blazers contending. Portland has a ton of scorers already which is why Greg isn't going to focus on that.

As far as numbers, I'd expect a healthy Greg Oden in his prime to be among the leaders in blocks, rebounds and FG%. He has great defensive instincts, makes some incredible blocks, already rebounds very well and he keeps the ball in play with his blocks. There'll always be a place for a player like that.

People forget that he's one of the most athletic centers ever. Sure he's raw and injury prone, but it's ridiculous for people to label him a bust already. I've seen 3 centers as athletic or more athletic than Greg. They are Shaq, David Robinson and Dwight Howard. Hell, there aren't many players Oden's size in the leagues who don't move like complete stiffs.

As far as stats in his second year. If he gets close to 30 mpg I'd say 11-12 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 bpg and about 60% shooting. I expect a major improvement from his rookie year because year 2 after the microfracture surgery is when players are usually recovered, he now has a summer to work on skills, he's already lost the extra weight and he has a year of NBA experience under his belt.

Sir. I will
great post man.
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: