Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2017, 11:21 PM   #346
34-24 Footwork
Big Mamba-Little Mamba
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 5,289
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (4) Washington Wizards vs (5) Atlanta Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
He deserves it for showboating.

Atlanta doesn't deserve to be in playoffs. John Wall:


Make the Eastern Conference Great Again.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:25 PM   #347
Hotlantadude81
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,066
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (4) Washington Wizards vs (5) Atlanta Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
Atlanta doesn't deserve to be in playoffs. John Wall:


Make the Eastern Conference Great Again.

yeah, because Wall's list of playoff accomplishments are a mile long.

Oh, that's right... He wasn't good enough to get his team to the playoffs last year. This is the worst Hawk team in a decade and beating them is the extent of his playoff accomplishments.

So impressive.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:28 PM   #348
Hamtaro CP3KDKG
Flat
 
Hamtaro CP3KDKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10,829
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (4) Washington Wizards vs (5) Atlanta Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Wall puts more pressure on a defense than cp. If he's hitting his jumpshots the ways he's been doing, it's lights out for the other team. Wizards get worse with paul and clippers get better with wall.

I'm not a cp hater either. Wall has a higher ceiling.

lol no

CP is statistically a top 3 midrange shooter in the league (one of the best of the era easily), and in PPP is top 5 in the pickandroll (Wall is 16th and CP has no wing anywhere remotely on Beals level, as the roll man Gortat is not far off Deandre and can actually shoot) and one of the best 3pt shooters

Wall in place of CP really hurts the spacing and shooting of the team. Theyd fall off hard offensively and defensively CP is still better

Beal wouldve prolly made the AS team if he played with CP TBH
but ultimately Wizards have the same flaws Clips do, no bench/depth
Hamtaro CP3KDKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:43 PM   #349
red1
raptors
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,606
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (4) Washington Wizards vs (5) Atlanta Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
lol no

CP is statistically a top 3 midrange shooter in the league (one of the best of the era easily), and in PPP is top 5 in the pickandroll (Wall is 16th and CP has no wing anywhere remotely on Beals level, as the roll man Gortat is not far off Deandre and can actually shoot) and one of the best 3pt shooters

Wall in place of CP really hurts the spacing and shooting of the team. Theyd fall off hard offensively and defensively CP is still better

Beal wouldve prolly made the AS team if he played with CP TBH
but ultimately Wizards have the same flaws Clips do, no bench/depth
Doesn't matter bro. I know you're a cp fan but sometimes you just gotta admit. The wizards are going to make a run this year and wall is going to prove in the coming years that he is the better player. Certainly the higher peak. I would put money on that.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:44 PM   #350
MiseryCityTexas
College star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,803
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (4) Washington Wizards vs (5) Atlanta Hawks

People want the Wizards to be the new Raptors.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:44 PM   #351
Hamtaro CP3KDKG
Flat
 
Hamtaro CP3KDKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10,829
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (4) Washington Wizards vs (5) Atlanta Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Doesn't matter bro. I know you're a cp fan but sometimes you just gotta admit. The wizards are going to make a run this year and wall is going to prove in the coming years that he is the better player. Certainly the higher peak. I would put money on that.

Cant remember the last time CP faced teams as trash as the Hawks or Celtics in the playoffs thats the difference if Wall makes ECF lets be real
Hamtaro CP3KDKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:45 PM   #352
red1
raptors
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,606
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (4) Washington Wizards vs (5) Atlanta Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
People want the Wizards to be the new Raptors.
How do you mean?
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:31 AM   #353
WallIn
Local High School Star
 
WallIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Silver Spring
Posts: 1,320
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (4) Washington Wizards vs (5) Atlanta Hawks

That game was easier than I anticipated. Wall took over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
People want the Wizards to be the new Raptors.

WallIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:58 AM   #354
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,604
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (4) Washington Wizards vs (5) Atlanta Hawks

I would rank Wall 4th among pgs, but he definitely showed out in the 1st round. The Hawks were 4th in defensive efficiency during the season and Wall finished with 29.5/10.3 and a TS of 62.3%.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:57 AM   #355
ralph_i_el
The Wizard
 
ralph_i_el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Born Under a Bad Sign
Posts: 8,399
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (4) Washington Wizards vs (5) Atlanta Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
yeah, because Wall's list of playoff accomplishments are a mile long.

Oh, that's right... He wasn't good enough to get his team to the playoffs last year. This is the worst Hawk team in a decade and beating them is the extent of his playoff accomplishments.

So impressive.

Everybody was hurt last year. He's never lost in the first round. Looked like we were going to knock you guys out two years ago before Wall broke every bone in his hand.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy