Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #1786
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,359
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)

The bucks will get swept by Cleveland. Raps at least have a small sliver of hope that the trash brothers could finally have a good series
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:51 PM   #1787
JebronLames
LeMassiveunderdog
 
JebronLames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Top 3
Posts: 3,118
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
The bucks will get swept by Cleveland. Raps at least have a small sliver of hope that the trash brothers could finally have a good series
They had a good series last year. Idiot.
JebronLames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #1788
Dro
NBA rookie of the year
 
Dro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naptown aka Indianapolis
Posts: 6,573
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)

Its weird, the Cavs won the series by a combined total of 16 points. And were down 26 in one game. I dunno, their defense is still horrible to me but they step it up when it matters and they do a good job of taking certain things away still. Even though they gave up 100 points in each game, they still limited CJ Miles, Teague to a certain extent and they didn't really let anyone go off other than PG.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #1789
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,020
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
Its weird, the Cavs won the series by a combined total of 16 points. And were down 26 in one game. I dunno, their defense is still horrible to me but they step it up when it matters and they do a good job of taking certain things away still. Even though they gave up 100 points in each game, they still limited CJ Miles, Teague to a certain extent and they didn't really let anyone go off other than PG.
...and one thing none of the pundits seem to be discussing in their over-analyzing of the Cavs' weaknesses (which exist, no doubt) is that their offensive rating was the best of any team in the first round by a good margin.

Not everything is rosy and I think they could potentially lose in the East this year, if due to nothing else than mental/physical fatigue ... but the things that the Cavs do well, they do REALLY well. The LBJ/Kyrie P&R with Love and Korver/JR spotting up and TT rolling behind them is arguably the most potent half-court offensive set in these playoffs, by any team.

They do tend to get into shootouts where they will just try to outscore the opponent and that's a problem. They also tend to do the least amount possible to skate by with a win, which won't work against the most elite competition.

But, the way some people talk about this team is over-the-top. They're still really f#cking good.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:58 AM   #1790
r15mohd
College star
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,017
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)

Quote:

NBA: LeBron James got away with travelling before go-ahead 3-pointer in Cavaliersí Game 4 win over Pacers

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-leb...131101620.html

not that it changes the outcome of the series - maybe just this 1 game as a win for the Pacers. however PG checked out on it much earlier so not even sure if that's a possibility too
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:47 PM   #1791
Dro
NBA rookie of the year
 
Dro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naptown aka Indianapolis
Posts: 6,573
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
...and one thing none of the pundits seem to be discussing in their over-analyzing of the Cavs' weaknesses (which exist, no doubt) is that their offensive rating was the best of any team in the first round by a good margin.

Not everything is rosy and I think they could potentially lose in the East this year, if due to nothing else than mental/physical fatigue ... but the things that the Cavs do well, they do REALLY well. The LBJ/Kyrie P&R with Love and Korver/JR spotting up and TT rolling behind them is arguably the most potent half-court offensive set in these playoffs, by any team.

They do tend to get into shootouts where they will just try to outscore the opponent and that's a problem. They also tend to do the least amount possible to skate by with a win, which won't work against the most elite competition.

But, the way some people talk about this team is over-the-top. They're still really f#cking good.
Yeah definitely, their offense is awesome and Lebron is the man. Anybody still hating on him needs to stfu.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:15 AM   #1792
MiseryCityTexas
College star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,803
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)

I'm sick of hearing people say Lebron has no post up game. All Lebron did in Miami was post defenders up.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:20 PM   #1793
Hey Yo
NBA All-star
 
Hey Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 9,180
Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)

Why is this first round series (and others) still stuck to the top of the page when it's been over?

Raps vs. Cavs round 2.....the thread has already been made!!
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy