Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 04-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #16
pegasus
€uroInU$A

Default Re: 2017 Eastern Conference Playoffs R1 GT: Toronto Raptors (3) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (6)

Raptors in 5. It should be a good learning experience for the Bucks regardless of the outcome.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:28 AM   #17
kav23
Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: 2017 Eastern Conference Playoffs R1 GT: Toronto Raptors (3) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (6)

ABC/ESPN/TNT want the least amount of Raptors games as possible.

Bucks in 6.
kav23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:56 AM   #18
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Raptors in 5.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:19 AM   #19
Gougou
I usually hit open layups

Raptors in 6 probably, my home team, will vote for them.

Giannis doesn't have bunch of playoff experience tho.
Gougou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:31 AM   #20
Proctor
College superstar

Raptors in 6
Proctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:48 AM   #21
alenleomessi
L

bucks in 6
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #22
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

While the Raptors have the homecourt advantage, they've lost in the first round twice in the last three seasons, and were a few possessions away from choking away a third one. Lowry and DeRozan must shoot more efficiently, because the best player in this series is Giannis Antetokoumpo. But the Bucks are missing a halfcourt maestro in Jabari Parker, plus Khris Middleton has run out of gas lately, whereas the Raptors have reloaded with Ibaka, Tucker, a healthy Carroll, etcetera.
Toronto in 6
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #23
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbuck
I got Raps in 5. Middleton was awesome in March but the fatigue caught up to him in April, he's just not 100% physically this year. With top form Middleton and Jabari we might've been able to push them to 6-7 tight games but as of now they just have so many more weapons. Looking down that Raptors roster the depth of talent is on a totally different level. Even after Lowry/Derozan they have Ibaka, Valanciunas, Tucker, Carroll, Patterson, Joseph, Powell, etc. God damn.

Pretty much this. I have Raptors in 5 but it could very well be 6 depending how things play out. But it's just a lot to ask of the Bucks to beat the Raptors. I think it goes 5 with a lot of close hard fought games but I will guarantee Lowry and Derozan play better and more consistently this year. Derozan is coming off his best year ever and Lowry as well. They were good before but Ibaka and Tucker give them a totally different look. I also think JV will have a good series as well and show his value.

Even with Parker there was a pretty big gap overall in talent and playoff experience, which again is why without him I don't know why people would expect the Bucks to win. This will be a good learning experience for them though and I expect pretty big things from them next year but this will be a chance to get their feet wet.
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:41 PM   #24
avonbarksdale
meat mountain

raps in 5

i think milwaukee sucks but giannis is so good that he wins one game by himself

i beileve that giannis/middleton could give derozan some problems, but brodgon/delly will have nothing for lowry, and ibaka/jv should just feast on that weak bucks frontcourt
avonbarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:15 AM   #25
Sakkreth
Raps

Raptors are stacked. Raps in 5.

Playoffs JV is easily an all-star. Even with Lowry and DeRozan stinking it up for the most part last year, they still made it to ecf. Now there is Ibaka to rely on as well.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:30 AM   #26
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naero
I wanted the OP to succinctly and objectively overview the match-up; therefore, I'll make my predictory post here: Bucks in 6.

The Raptors always seem to have been the most upsettable HCA-seeded team ever since they've been on that echelon; they lost in the first round with in two of the past-three years, and they were a few possessions away from doing so last year. I'm really not convinced that they have overcome their playoffs demons, either, considering how close-to-elmination they were against the Heat and the fact that outside of the two token wins they had against the Cavaliers, it wasn't even a competition by half-time in any of the other games.

Even if Lowry and DeRozan finally eclipse the 40%-shooting mark for a playoffs run, it wouldn't change the fact that best player by far in this series is donning a Bucks jersey—AKA our Greek god. It's easy to underestimate how much a team can overachieve on the back of a superstar—a commodity that only a handful teams can truly say they have at this time.

Moreover, the coaching match-up is oftentimes low-key at the crux of a playoffs series, which is why I always feel that the Raptors have a chance to be upset with Dwane Casey at the helm. Even with as many misgivings as many of us Bucks fans have had over Jason Kidd, he has already outcoached the same person who has been walking around the Raptors' coaching box at the time Kidd's Nets won their playoffs series over the HCA-seeded Raptors in 2014.

Sorry, Raptors fans, but they simply have yet to prove that they're formidable come playoffs time; that is why I'm not really frightful of the fact that they commandingly won the regular-season series against us.

Let's go, Bucks nation.

As a Raps fan, not bad analysis, many of us are wondering if they can start off better finally, they are 0-8 in game 1s in franchise history.

What's missing though is mention of Ibaka and Tucker late acquisitions, which took them from bottom six defense pre-trade deadline to top 4 since. The changed defense is as much an x-factor for the Raps as the Derozan/Lowry playoff performance thing.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:57 PM   #27
Clutch
7-time NBA All-Star

This playoff series =

Craptors in 5
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:57 PM   #28
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Raptors are stacked. Raps in 5.

Playoffs JV is easily an all-star. Even with Lowry and DeRozan stinking it up for the most part last year, they still made it to ecf. Now there is Ibaka to rely on as well.

Agreed but we never win game 1, hopefully that changes
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:42 PM   #29
r0drig0lac
College star

Derozan vs Giannis ..superstar duel
r0drig0lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:44 PM   #30
Uncle Drew
The 216.

Will DeFrozan and Lowry finally have a playoff series in which they shoot higher than 40 percent?
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: