Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-29-2007, 03:43 AM   #16
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How much do you make an Hour? Week? Day? Year?

I made $200 short of $50,000 last year and I work 40 hours a week. I got my expenses like gas, car lease, and all that paid for. I also have practically an unlimited access to supplements from building a strong working relationship with all our distributors.
And here I am complaining about my job:)
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:50 AM   #17
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I made $200 short of $50,000 last year and I work 40 hours a week. I got my expenses like gas, car lease, and all that paid for. I also have practically an unlimited access to supplements from building a strong working relationship with all our distributors.
And here I am complaining about my job:)
That sounds good if you are enjoying your job. You should start giving away some of your unlimited access to supplements to people on ISH like ME!
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #18
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
That sounds good if you are enjoying your job. You should start giving away some of your unlimited access to supplements to people on ISH like ME!

Tell your dad I'll ebay his stuff for only 10%
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsbasketball
$250 an hour

Everyone, meet Vick's attorney
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #20
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Right now, not making much. I graduated in March and signed on to sub, thinking I was gonna get called everyday. Haven't been called in very often at all lately. The town I live in has a poor economy based around the university, and since classes are ending soon, I can't get a Summer job, and since I'm moving in a month and a half, noone would hire me anyway.

I'll be making 30-35K a year teaching in the fall (that if, if I decide not to go to grad school). It won't make me rich, but for a single guy with no bad spending habits, it's good enough for me. I don't gamble, drink excessively, or buy lots of crap I don't need.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #21
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
I'm applying to be Jeff's intern; the job should pay $20 - $30 an hour ... plus I get to meet my favorite basketball players.
rajesh ****
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:29 PM   #22
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
varies every year....average over 6 figures

(waits for someone to claim I am FOS or trying to show off over the internet)

Sure you do... in pesos ($1,000,000 US = $90,000 pesos). So tell us, what's it like in Mea-he-ko?

Old 05-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #23
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Reading this OT board makes me realize how young many folks here are compared to me (I'm 26)

I make almost $40,000/year before OT and bonuses...

Last edited by konex : 05-29-2007 at 01:42 PM.
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

$6.50/hr. 20-30 hrs. per week

I just started so i cant complain about the wage but my manager said it will go up if i do good and dont skip work or show up late often.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #25
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

13.82 as a supply clerk / motor vehicle operator for 1/60th Batallion of the US Army. I live in Oklahoma though so that's good money here, especially while still in school.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #26
24/7
Great young streetballer

24/7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
Sure you do... in pesos ($1,000,000 US = $90,000 pesos). So tell us, what's it like in Mea-he-ko?

You have that the wrong way around don't you?

A $100k/year isn't that much in some parts of the country. In SoCal you can't even survive on less than 40k/year unless you have help from the government or family.I made a net income close to that when I had a 3 year contract on a job, unfortunately all good things come to an end and I got outbid the next time around. Now I am working harder for much less. My buddy is even dumber than me, is all tatted up and probably couldn't get a job at Wal-Mart based on his looks alone, and he makes well over a $100k/year as a crane operator.

edit:

Quote:
$250 an hour

How much of that does your pimp get?

Last edited by 24/7 : 05-29-2007 at 02:59 PM.
24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #27
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
You have that the wrong way around don't you?

Are you serious? Are you telling me you haven't the slightest idea of world currency values?

Look at this site. It'll give you the "currency converter" ... simply type in the amount of pesos and it convert the value in US dollars (or any other world currency such as the Euro, BP, etc.).

http://coinmill.com/MXN_USD.html

$1,000,000 pesos = $92,923.91 US dollars.

Quote:
A $100k/year isn't that much in some parts of the country.

You're exactly right. Living in LA county, Manhattan or Prince George county you're going to need to make much higher than the national average to keep a comparable lifestyle. However, a $100,000 is a big salary no matter where you live in the US.

In metropolitan areas where the cost of living is the highest, do you think a cashier or waitress makes $40,000 annually? Good luck finding one. Careers and jobs will pay more in areas where COL is greater, but it's not going to double your average salary or hourly pay. It'll be more, but not on the same scale you're proposing.

The guy who said he makes six figures on average could be telling the truth, but if I had to guess, he'd be out of his mind. Less than 3% of the US population makes more than $75,000 annually, so jumping into the realm of six figures seems doubtful. That's just my opinion.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure ya boy is telling you some bullsh*t. You realize how many people lie about their salaries don't you? Especially the one's all tatted up ... :
Old 05-29-2007, 03:25 PM   #28
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

just under $16/hr. i can get up to 70hrs/wk, but i would only do 60hrs so i can spend time w/ my kids.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:39 PM   #29
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
just under $16/hr. i can get up to 70hrs/wk, but i would only do 60hrs so i can spend time w/ my kids.

Look at this. If you're working 60 hours a week, making $16 per hour, you're making $3,840 monthly (4 weeks a month). Take $960 you're weekly pay off 60 hours at $16 per hour, and multiply that times 52 weeks (a year) you get $50,000. That's a nice paycheck.

That doesn't even include OT pay! I'm assuming you get paid time and a half for any hours you work over 40 a week, unless you're paid salary. If you get OT for your pay, you'd make $58,000 annually. Not bad either way.

That's more than what I make.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #30
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

K.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
Are you serious? Are you telling me you haven't the slightest idea of world currency values?

Look at this site. It'll give you the "currency converter" ... simply type in the amount of pesos and it convert the value in US dollars (or any other world currency such as the Euro, BP, etc.).

http://coinmill.com/MXN_USD.html

$1,000,000 pesos = $92,923.91 US dollars.

You're exactly right. Living in LA county, Manhattan or Prince George county you're going to need to make much higher than the national average to keep a comparable lifestyle. However, a $100,000 is a big salary no matter where you live in the US.

In metropolitan areas where the cost of living is the highest, do you think a cashier or waitress makes $40,000 annually? Good luck finding one. Careers and jobs will pay more in areas where COL is greater, but it's not going to double your average salary or hourly pay. It'll be more, but not on the same scale you're proposing.

The guy who said he makes six figures on average could be telling the truth, but if I had to guess, he'd be out of his mind. Less than 3% of the US population makes more than $75,000 annually, so jumping into the realm of six figures seems doubtful. That's just my opinion.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure ya boy is telling you some bullsh*t. You realize how many people lie about their salaries don't you? Especially the one's all tatted up ... :

You just proved yourself wrong. In your first post, you said one million american dollars is ninety thousand pesos. Now in this post you state that one million pesos is $92,923.91 which is ninety two thousand, nine hundred twenty three dollars and ninety one cents. Learn to read numbers bud.
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: