Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-29-2007, 03:44 PM   #31
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

K.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: How much do you make an Hour? Week? Day? Year?

Now I cant find your original post, probably because you deleted it, but it was quoted by someone before that.
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #32
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am just entering University and I have never maintained a job in my life. I worked once for three weeks at a local store but quit when I realized that $8/hour is really not worth my time and effort.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:56 PM   #33
24/7
Great young streetballer

24/7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Koscik
You just proved yourself wrong. In your first post, you said one million american dollars is ninety thousand pesos. Now in this post you state that one million pesos is $92,923.91 which is ninety two thousand, nine hundred twenty three dollars and ninety one cents. Learn to read numbers bud.

Exactly. I politely corrected Wizardly Cool, and instead of reading his original post to see if there was even a slight possibility that he made a mistake , the guy comes out and tries to throw the smackdown on me.
24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:57 PM   #34
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea07
ur FOS!!!
LOL jk

seriously, what do you do???
I am an artist...

work for a video game company
Old 05-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #35
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
You just proved yourself wrong. In your first post, you said one million american dollars is ninety thousand pesos. Now in this post you state that one million pesos is $92,923.91 which is ninety two thousand, nine hundred twenty three dollars and ninety one cents. Learn to read numbers bud.

So I'm off a few thousand, and suddenly I'm wrong? Given that I knew one million pesos is roughly $90,000 US dollars, I'd say my knowledge in regards to world currency is sound enough to debunk your suggestion for me to "read numbers" more closely.

I hope your post was sarcasm at its finest.

** Edit

No you're right, my original post was backwards. My bad. I apologize for any confusion.

Last edited by Wizardly Cool : 05-29-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:07 PM   #36
24/7
Great young streetballer

24/7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool

The guy who said he makes six figures on average could be telling the truth, but if I had to guess, he'd be out of his mind. Less than 3% of the US population makes more than $75,000 annually, so jumping into the realm of six figures seems doubtful. That's just my opinion.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure ya boy is telling you some bullsh*t. You realize how many people lie about their salaries don't you? Especially the one's all tatted up ... :

I'd love to see what % of people make more than 75k in SoCal. I guarantee you it has to be in deep into double digit figures. I can literally point out a dozen guys right off the bat who weren't born in this country, have no college education and have a limited grasp of the English language who have a net income of more than $75k. As far as my boy telling me "some bullsh*t", don't take my word for it, check the average pay scale for a union crane operator in most counties in California.
24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:50 PM   #37
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

K.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

So I'm off a few thousand, and suddenly I'm wrong? Given that I knew one million pesos is roughly $90,000 US dollars, I'd say my knowledge in regards to world currency is sound enough to debunk your suggestion for me to "read numbers" more closely.

I hope your post was sarcasm at its finest.

** Edit

No you're right, my original post was backwards. My bad. I apologize for any confusion.

All is forgiven friend.
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:41 PM   #38
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Look at this. If you're working 60 hours a week, making $16 per hour, you're making $3,840 monthly (4 weeks a month). Take $960 you're weekly pay off 60 hours at $16 per hour, and multiply that times 52 weeks (a year) you get $50,000. That's a nice paycheck.

That doesn't even include OT pay! I'm assuming you get paid time and a half for any hours you work over 40 a week, unless you're paid salary. If you get OT for your pay, you'd make $58,000 annually. Not bad either way.

That's more than what I make.

40hr normal week, time and 1/2 for overtime. i'm trying to get at least 1 day of ot but my son's getting his cast off and i gotta help him get back into playing again.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 PM   #39
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Salaried. Comes out to around $43K a year. Advertising. I hate it, and still go to school, but if someone told me I'd be making $43K a year at 19 years old without a College degree, I'd call them crazy.

Don't wanna pull a HALLandOATES and think teenager riches/adult chump change is big money, then when I'm older, get stuck STILL making teenager riches/adult chump change.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:03 AM   #40
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Salaried. Comes out to around $43K a year. Advertising. I hate it, and still go to school, but if someone told me I'd be making $43K a year at 19 years old without a College degree, I'd call them crazy.

Don't wanna pull a HALLandOATES and think teenager riches/adult chump change is big money, then when I'm older, get stuck STILL making teenager riches/adult chump change.

How did you get a job like that?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #41
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I make $12.50/hour plus I sell myself on the streets. Lets, put it this way I get by.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:40 AM   #42
dudeguykid
High school junior varsity star

dudeguykid has decent reputation

anywhere from -$80 to $200 per hr haha
dudeguykid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: