Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-22-2017, 01:04 PM   #16
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Tracy McGrady: "LeBron will NEVER be better than Jordan."

There is no possible way to quantify "better", try as people may.

I promise you... there is no scientific or statistical way to prove that one player was better than the other.

Want some truths?

LeBron is better at carrying an OK team than Jordan.
Jordan is better at getting you necessary buckets when an offense is broken and even when it's not.

If anyone wrote LeBron off as early as 2007 because of what happened in the Finals, that person is a mouth breathing retard that has little hope in life... LeBron gets penalized for overachieving? No way he should have even been to the Finals, much less won it. lol but people want to act like making the Finals and losing is worse than not making the Finals or even conference finals... idiots.

If I have a blank slate team, give me LeBron 10 times out of 10.
If I have a pre-established team that is solid overall and has some really good roleplayers, give me Jordan 10 times out of 10.

How do you even define better?

Not all teams are equal over the years and there are such a vastly large number of variables, I don't even know how you could start to make a definitive argument one way or the other.

My personal opinion is this... the only way to definitively know who is "better" would be to somehow plug both of their consciousness into a simulator on a computer that takes every aspect of the league, rule set, advances in information surrounding nutrition and exercise and etc of each era into the equation and plug them into every single roster in the history of the league and see who comes out with a higher team win percentage. That's the only way... and since that's obviously not happening... I can't honestly answer this question. That being said, if my team is already in playoff contention, give me Jordan. If my team needs a guy to do absolutely everything, give me LeBron. Gun to my head? Give me Jordan. Doesn't mean that he's better. I just had to pick one.

Also I'd like to note that I didn't get to watch Jordan's career so it's pretty disingenuous for me to offer a true opinion, and this applies to most of you as well.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:11 PM   #17
Da_Realist
NBA lottery pick

Yeah, ok. MJ was better. He would have "carried" ok teams to the Finals every year if he played in Lebron's Eastern Conference. I'm talking 80's MJ, not the better 90's version.
Da_Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #18
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
Yeah, ok. MJ was better. He would have "carried" ok teams to the Finals every year if he played in Lebron's Eastern Conference. I'm talking 80's MJ, not the better 90's version.

No I don't really think he would have but we can only go on what ifs and maybes... no way to prove that. No way Jordan, at age 22, takes those 07 Cavs to the Finals.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #19
SamuraiSWISH
For the Culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
Explain, IN DETAIL, why LeBron is not on Jordan's level. YOU MADE THE THREAD. Explain yourself, genius.
I'll help him ...

Jordan was the better more nuanced and skilled player compared to LeBron.

Both freak athletic wise, both cerebral but MJ was more fierce and frightening.

He didn't need the ball in his hands to be as dominant compared to LeBron. Yet unlike Kobe, you could load him up as a high usage player. See 1989 when he played PG and averaged 34/8/8.

Or he could be a portable plug n play guy with quality teammates that would maximize their abilities and not undermine them.

Thus, Scottie flourished under his tutelage. And the result? Seasons of 61, 67, 72, 69, and 62 wins.

The last being led by a 35 year old Jordan and Pippen missing half the season.

He was a better more consistent defender, and was capable of leading the best teams of all time through all aspects of the season from regular to post to Finals ... keeping them focused and gave you 32/6/6 for 82 games without taking nights off for rest.

Was more entertaining and exciting visually. Never clunky. Just graceful artistry. Came up big whenever the moment necessitated it. Was clutch, but unlike say a Kobe, made the right pass to a teammate. Unlike LeBron wasn't too cowardly to fail, and would take the last shot.

And when he had teams around him good enough to win, he never lost. 6 for 6.

Never needing to be bailed out by team hopping or miracle shots from teammates or unexpected Finals suspensions.

Oh, and as a fat, old 39 - 40 year old on a bum knee still had the courage to go play, while risking his reputation against superstars half his age and still gave them work.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:16 PM   #20
Da_Realist
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
No I don't really think he would have but we can only go on what ifs and maybes... no way to prove that. No way Jordan, at age 22, takes those 07 Cavs to the Finals.

Who would have beaten him?
Old 04-22-2017, 01:20 PM   #21
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
Who would have beaten him?

Almost everyone? Jordan was a rookie in the NBA at the time he turned 22 and he was a 7th seed that lost to the Bucks who had some solid players at the time, but certainly no all time greats...

LeBron... reached the Finals... at the same age Jordan was a rookie getting bounced in the first round.

Let that sink in... yeah I realize that the EC was worse in 2007 than 1985 but not to the point that LeBron should have made the Finals.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:20 PM   #22
Da_Realist
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
I'll help him ...

He didn't need the ball in his hands to be as dominant compared to LeBron. Yet unlike Kobe, you could load him up as a high usage player. See 1989 when he played PG and averaged 34/8/8.

Or he could be a portable plug n play guy with quality teammates that would maximize their abilities and not undermine them.

Thus, Scottie flourished under his tutelage. And the result? Seasons of 61, 67, 72, 69, and 62 wins.

He was a better more consistent defender, and was capable of leading the best teams of all time through all aspects of the season from regular to post to Finals ... keeping them focused and gave you 32/6/6 for 82 games without taking nights off for rest.

Was more entertaining and exciting visually. Never clunky. Just graceful artistry. Came up big whenever the moment necessitated it. Was clutch, but unlike say a Kobe, made the right pass to a teammate. Unlike LeBron wasn't too cowardly to fail, and would take the last shot.

Never needing to be bailed out by team hopping or miracle shots from teammates or unexpected Finals suspensions.

Oh, and as a fat, old 39 - 40 year old on a bum knee still had the courage to go play, while risking his reputation against superstars half his age and still gave them work.

One of the best descriptions of MJ I've read in a long time.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:21 PM   #23
Cali Syndicate
Championship or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keno
"Superteam to superteam" both times he went to a team that missed the playoffs or have been in lottery. Nice try.

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4.... even Lebron knew what he did.

Kyrie all star mvp + another all star in love, double-double machine Who had games under belt I'm production not seen since Moses Malone.
Cali Syndicate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #24
Da_Realist
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
Almost everyone? Jordan was a rookie in the NBA at the time he turned 22 and he was a 7th seed that lost to the Bucks who had some solid players at the time, but certainly no all time greats...

No 07 Eastern Conference team would have beaten MJ. The 07 East was terrible. The 07 Cavs are the worst team to ever make the Finals. Lebron couldn't even make open jumpshots at the point. And that's with 4 seasons experience. Terrible.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #25
Hey Yo
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
I'll help him ...

Bolded are serious reasons in Coach's mind why MJ's better.

Hey Yo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #26
IllegalD
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
Do you ever talk about basketball, or do you just post insane, weird, random conspiracies?

Holy shit, what a LOSER you are guy, seriously. (INB4 totally bizzare deflection about simon/alts/or whatever garbage)

Talk basketball you spaz. Damn, you're just embarrassing.

Explain, IN DETAIL, why LeBron is not on Jordan's level. YOU MADE THE THREAD. Explain yourself, genius.

Why LeBron will NEVER be better than Jordan:

1) 3-4 Finals record (with a chance to add more Finals losses). Since Jordan is 6-0 in the Finals then logically the only way LeBron can make up for his 4 finals losses is winning AT LEAST 1 more than Jordan (7). Which is what Brady did to make up for HIS Superbowl losses and have people put him over Montana. And this is all assuming he doesn't lose any more Finals...

2) Has played in a historically sh*t Leastern Conference for his entire career with no legit competition.

3) Jumped teams TWICE in order to build Superteams and maximize his ring count in an artificial way that Jordan didn't do

4) 2011 Finals (BIGGEST UPSET IN NBA FINALS HISTORY)

5) 2014 Finals (BIGGEST MARGIN OF LOSS IN NBA FINALS HISTORY)

6) 0/5 on Game-Winners in the Finals

7) Holds the All-Time record for career Postseason TURNOVERS

8) Holds record for MOST MISSED SHOTS in a Finals series

9) Holds record for MOST MISSED SHOTS in a Finals game

10) Holds record for MOST TURNOVERS in a Finals series

11) Needed two of the biggest shots in NBA Finals history (Ray Allen 2013; Kyrie 2016)

Last edited by IllegalD : 04-22-2017 at 01:34 PM.
IllegalD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #27
Hey Yo
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4.... even Lebron knew what he did.

Kyrie all star mvp + another all star in love, double-double machine Who had games under belt I'm production not seen since Moses Malone.
Love wasn't on the roster when James signed on with Cleveland.
Hey Yo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #28
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalD

And LeBron is literally the only player ever to lead both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks for any playoff series ever... and he did it in the Finals... see how we can twist shit to fit agendas? Come with something better
Old 04-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #29
SamuraiSWISH
For the Culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Yo
Bolded are serious reasons in Coach's mind why MJ's better.

No, those are small elements you highlighted, moron. If you want me to boil it down ...

13 seasons:

32/6/5/3
w/ 5x MVPs, 6x Fmvps, DPOY, and 6 Rings

>>>

27/7/7
w/ 4x MVPs, 3x Fmvps, and 3 rings

In the exact same amount of seasons. So stats, or eye test, or with context laid out. Any sane, knowledge and old enough of a fan (unlike yourself) knows Jordan was both better and historically greater.

He's achieved half of what Michae has in the same amount of time. And that's with MJ sitting out basically 2x of the last years of his prime playing baseball.

LeBron is never sniffing that with his litany of turds he's dropped along the way. Either through cowardice or out right on court basketball inability or failures.

He'll still wind up 2nd best, so you get the runner up award. Be prideful about that at least Bron Stans.

Your boy admitted he's chasing the ghost from Chicago. And don't forget it's the reason he's wearing number 23.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #30
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Yo
Love wasn't on the roster when James signed on with Cleveland.

True but they had already drafted Wiggins and while I defend LeBron as much as possible, it's likely he had conversations beforehand saying that you guys need to trade Wiggins for another star... and they probably agreed to it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: