Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #16
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,687
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree


So men can't grab or touch a woman's ***** when he is about to get intimate with them? I don't see how women are offended. They actually like it and it's fake outrage on their part. We are getting soft as a society.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will forever hirt me.

And that is why you will never understand women.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #17
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash
 
ArbitraryWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I walk a higher path, son
Posts: 30,215
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
I do. Come live in the country before you comment on a US citizen's view of it.

I never commented or assumed your view on it I literally asked you
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #18
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,542
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
So my buddy's girl I found out is an extreme feminist. Recently over talking politics with buddies and wondering if Trump did anything positive would these Trump haters acknowledge it she comes out of nowhere and calls us ignorant and should learn our facts. She totally flew off the handle and was fuming at us. Having no idea she felt this way and after a little creeping on her FB find out she's an extreme feminist.

It's been 2 months and our buddy, whom we've been friends with for over 10 years (he's only been with this girl for 2) has not spoken to any of us since this situation. None of us were ever impolite to her. In fact I outright said I respect her opinion. Likely she's affected by this and has our buddy by the nuts.

How would you deal with your girl if she's this way? Do you put her in her place or let her have her platform?

I know some feminists who may be extreme. Trump's election melted down a lot of people. haha. I think I might have lost friends because I had to tell these people I voted for Trump because it's like if someone is always talking about how much they hate gay people and you are gay, you feel like you are doing a disservice to them to not admit it.

really depends on if I'm attracted to her and if she's loyal. I would deal with almost anything if she was loyal. I think that if someone flies off the handle and calls you ignorant, that is not due to someone's extremism... I have extreme views, but I don't push them on people.

Personality is an issue. I never realized how liberal extreme all of these art-people I know are. Like I said, until Trump's election. I knew they were liberal and all, but they became kind of insufferable. I think you could be dating a girl and she could go ape shit after an event like Trump, even if she was OK before.

I would basically not talk about Trump w/ her. The thing is, tho, if people are getting triggered by something you do or you believe in (something legal that shouldn't bother people), it's not a good look. Like if you were dating a girl and you voted for Trump, if she'd break up with you... she's too extreme. Judging is not necessarily part of extremism, to me. You can be extreme in a devout way.

But if she was attractive and had a certain personality, I'd probably stick with her. She'd have to get over me laughing at her meltdowns though.

Edit @ can't understand women's views. Yea but take that up with Trump. If you put that on me, like if you are blaming me for Trumps actions or are calling on me to condemn some shit I have no part of, then you are being a bitch.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:54 PM   #19
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 21,844
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
Liberals have their views wrong in so many ways but would you expect a woman who's president brags about grabbing women by the pu55y and has been accused of rape to all of a sudden think highly of trump? I'll pick a bitch up like a 6 pack but that's beside the point.. I'm not the president.

It amazing me how dumb people are when they can't understand women's view on the whole Trump ordeal. Granted Hillary was a criminal who had no business running the country, but we've got a tv celebrity running the country which isn't much better tbh. If that is the most qualified guy we could find, you know the system is shit. And since the system is shit, does it really matter if someone is pissed off enough to turn into a feminist over it? Probably not. Once this country actually has a good leader, you won't have this feminist bullshit going on. You'll have a guy in office who's actually fvcking smart enough to please everyone.
It really is amazing...

During the woman's march the entire globe was covered in marching females who despise Trump and you still had some dumb ass retards in here "derrrr...what are these stupid bitches marching for?!" Like grow the fck up and instead of taking all females to war maybe you should actually try and comprehend the issue.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #20
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash
 
ArbitraryWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I walk a higher path, son
Posts: 30,215
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
oh...basically you were saying that you are pro-Trump and are wondering if the other side is unbiased enough to recognize when he does something right.

That does come off like you are taking a shot at Trump haters actually...as though they are blind

It SAYS "haters"... Haters are irrational by name... so its kind of an already answered question, but no reason to get all feminist over.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #21
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,687
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
But is it justifiable to have your partner stop communicating with his buddies?
Her reaction was extreme. Sorry, but the reaction was irrational.

Why are you not acting like the fvkcing boss about this? Your friend made a decision, witnessed first hand what was said. Fvck it, you got better things to do like get ready to show young Iverson what is what in this world.

How would you deal with it? You move on because it's not your problem. Either your buddy values the friendship and will work around his partner to make the friendship good or he won't. Your hands are clean as fvck, no need to dirty them up. Take it from someone who understands how the world works and has forgotten more than most will ever know.

Last edited by egokiller : 04-22-2017 at 07:01 PM.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #22
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,687
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
It really is amazing...

During the woman's march the entire globe was covered in marching females who despise Trump and you still had some dumb ass retards in here "derrrr...what are these stupid bitches marching for?!" Like grow the fck up and instead of taking all females to war maybe you should actually try and comprehend the issue.

It's a double edge sword. You want your fellow Americans to be smart enough to help make the world a better place, but by the same token if these dumb fvcks didn't exist, you wouldn't be ahead of them in life and have to settle for a lesser quality of life. It's quite the predicament when you think deep about the whole concept.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #23
9erempiree
Banned
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 20,427
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

Lol @ these people defending the girlfriend.

She was out of line. Stop allowing people to cause violence and act irrational just because Trump is President. That is not a good enough excuse.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #24
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,542
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

actually, it's like this... I think the idea of a good relationship is one where you can accept each other's views. You are supposed to be on the same side. If you have a religious fervor level political belief, then maybe that's harder.

Still, imagine your girl comes in and slams the door and she's like "I ****ing hate Donald Trump that ****ing sexist pig." The correct answer would be "Yeah, I know. haha." And if she wants to vent let her vent.

If you are like "Three words babe, 'Jobs, jobs, jobs.'" Then you have played yourself.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:08 PM   #25
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 21,844
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
It's a double edge sword. You want your fellow Americans to be smart enough to help make the world a better place, but by the same token if these dumb fvcks didn't exist, you wouldn't be ahead of them in life and have to settle for a lesser quality of life. It's quite the predicament when you think deep about the whole concept.
wow I swear to God I think about this predicament often...

It really is predicament...a world of Idiocracy seems awful but if you are a non-idiot you will naturally funnel to the top.

The hard part of it is when the idiots are the majority in a democracy, they vote in President Comacho because he's so alpha, and our leaders are also idiots.

We need 49% of the country to be idiots...once we are at 51% we have reached the tipping point...it may be too late already
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:11 PM   #26
9erempiree
Banned
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 20,427
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

This topic isn't even about Trump vs. libtard.

Did the girl act irrationally? Yes.

Trump is not an excuse to say or do stupid shit. Please reference violent protesters who are allowed to do dumb shit because Trump doe.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #27
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,687
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
wow I swear to God I think about this predicament often...

It really is predicament...a world of Idiocracy seems awful but if you are a non-idiot you will naturally funnel to the top.

The hard part of it is when the idiots are the majority in a democracy, they vote in President Comacho because he's so alpha, and our leaders are also idiots.

We need 49% of the country to be idiots...once we are at 51% we have reached the tipping point...it may be too late already

That is the definition of utopia!
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #28
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Under Iraq, beside a tree.
Posts: 13,520
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Trump is not an excuse to say or do stupid shit. Please reference violent protesters who are allowed to do dumb shit because Trump doe.
i was already pretty sure that you lived on planet neptune, but that kind of confirms it.

so from where you live, does the sun look like a tiny dot or what?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #29
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,504
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #30
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,504
Default Re: How would you deal with a feminist extremist partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
First off what was said that made her fume? If it was actually some ignorant shit then maybe it was deserved.

Every woman I think is a tad feminist...as they should be, they are females. If they don't have some pride or self worth they are probably broken. When you say "extreme" I am picturing some chick with a shaved head, refuses to wear make up, etc etc. I don't think I could be with a militant time feminist...no thanks.


Every debate and situation is different, there is no way for someone here to say how they would react, my wife will go off on feminist rants every now and then, on some of them I roll my eyes at her and other times I absolutely agree with her because I feel she is right.
There is no rationale for making your BF not talk to friends (of 10+ years) anymore over an argument
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy