Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #1
highwhey
SHOOTERS SHOOT

Default Do you have a special bottle?

To celebrate a special milestone/goal/event?

I placed a bid for a project, the largest one I've ever bid. Submitted it Thursday and am waiting to hear back on it, hopefully this week. So this weekend I bought a bottle just in case I am awarded the job. If I'm not, I'm going to drink my disappointment away anyhow

I wish it was an 18 but since I have to constantly make payroll, it wouldn't be too wise.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #2
gigantes
   

Default Re: Do you have a special bottle?

that excrement's the explosive device, yo!

the only weird time i ever had with it was the time i treated myself to a bottle of 12 for my birthday, wound up drinking most of it in one night, and expected to have the best hangover ever the next day. NOPE. it felt the same as if i'd lushed on crappy supermarket liquor. i'm guessing the virtue of scotch is in the aging more than the distilling, heh.

today i'm celebrating getting over the effects of a concussion from a week ago. bought myself a couple beers and am having fun making myself some weird micheladas..... like V8, worcestershire, red pepper and tahini. tahini goes well with anything, i swear.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:12 PM   #3
highwhey
SHOOTERS SHOOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

the only weird time i ever had with it was the time i treated myself to a bottle of 12 for my birthday, wound up drinking most of it in one night, and expected to have the best hangover ever the next day. NOPE. it felt the same as if i'd lushed on crappy supermarket liquor. i'm guessing the virtue of scotch is in the aging more than the distilling, heh.

today i'm celebrating getting over the effects of a concussion from a week ago. bought myself a couple beers and am having fun making myself some weird micheladas..... like V8, worcestershire, red pepper and tahini. tahini goes well with anything, i swear.
haha. i think the liquor has to be a high quality clear liquor to have a better hangover. johnny walker black has given me a so-so hangover. but tanqueray gin gives me essentially no hangover

what beers are you using for the micheladas?
Old 04-24-2017, 10:33 PM   #4
gigantes
   

just some milwaukee's best ice. it said "6.9% alcohol" on the label, so i said YUM! but it turns out to be some pretty nasty, acidic stuff. i feel like pouring it down the drain and getting a nice margarita at the cantina next door, except i've been trying to budget myself lately because i need to replace my tablet, projector bulb etc.

stupid f-cking beer.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:36 PM   #5
ItsMillerTime
Born Ready

Actually just finished this one up after 2-3 years. Need to go searching for another
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:54 PM   #6
Orlando Magic
NBA All-star

I have a collection of lime green bottles...
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:57 PM   #7
warriorfan
The Bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic

I have some of those too

Got them at ross on the cheap

warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:20 PM   #8
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

Something called Hibiki Japanese Whiskey. I liked the way the bottle looks. It's something my dad and I are saving if the dodgers win another World Series.... before he dies
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:50 PM   #9
Nick Young
Banned

Quote:
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:11 AM   #10
gigantes
   

that little wagging tail, right on time. i barely even need to hit the "view post" button anymore.

but the bigger problem is that i just don't have funds for a babysitter these days. can anyone contribute to the TODDLER FUND on ISH, please? (you'll be rewarded... maybe, maybe not)
Old 04-25-2017, 12:13 AM   #11
9erempiree
Banned

Quote:
that little wagging tail, right on time. i barely even need to hit the "view post" button anymore.

but the bigger problem is that i just don't have funds for a babysitter these days. can anyone contribute to the TODDLER FUND on ISH, please? (you'll be rewarded... maybe, maybe not)

We allow you bro.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:40 AM   #12
gigantes
   

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
We allow you bro.
seems like some of us crave petty aggression in order to feel good about ourselves.

yet also, some of us get a certain high out of cooperation / sharing of facts... maybe even the feeling of superiority.

"you're both right"
-- science
Old 04-25-2017, 01:56 AM   #13
macmac
Gov'n

The Macallan 18 is my favourite Macallan but the 12 is excellent too. Over here in Canada, they got rid of the years and only do colours now like Amber. Asian investors buying all the older ones now

I bought the Macallan 30 as an investment, because some of these limited scotches have gone up +15% in the past decade, but ill probably pop it open if I ever win a big poker tourney.

In general, I like peetier scotches like the Laphroaig quarter cask, Lagavulin 16 and the super intense Octomore 7.1. All from the Islay region.

I think the Laphroaig quarter cask, pound for pound, is the best bang for your buck.

Last edited by macmac : 04-25-2017 at 02:00 AM.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:13 AM   #14
highwhey
SHOOTERS SHOOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
The Macallan 18 is my favourite Macallan but the 12 is excellent too. Over here in Canada, they got rid of the years and only do colours now like Amber. Asian investors buying all the older ones now

I bought the Macallan 30 as an investment, because some of these limited scotches have gone up +15% in the past decade, but ill probably pop it open if I ever win a big poker tourney.

In general, I like peetier scotches like the Laphroaig quarter cask, Lagavulin 16 and the super intense Octomore 7.1. All from the Islay region.

I think the Laphroaig quarter cask, pound for pound, is the best bang for your buck.

save a drink for me if i ever go meet you up.

lavagulin is fvcking great, me and a buddy would share a bottle with a steak meal when we lived together every other week.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:13 AM   #15
highwhey
SHOOTERS SHOOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic

yall need to explain the lime green thing to me. i keep seeing it at the main forum
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: