Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 05-12-2017, 02:29 PM   #1666
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 2nd Round GT: (2) San Antonio Spurs vs (3) Houston Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
I'll take it a step further and ask the same question I did when Van Gundy was crying that there was a conspiracy against the Rox way back when in the Yao/TMac days.

Why in the hell would the NBA want a team in one of it's largest markets that is also extremely popular in China to get knocked out for teams in smaller markets that are nowhere near as popular internationally?

I remember that.

Yea...a conspiracy against Yao...might be the dumbest thing to accuse anyone in the NBA of ever.

They might make hundreds of millions of dollars more over a decade if Yao won a title and finals MVP or something.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #1667
MiseryCityTexas
College star

Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 2nd Round GT: (2) San Antonio Spurs vs (3) Houston Rockets

Rockets need an Inside player like Cousins. Can't just shoot threes and make bad passes all night.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:55 PM   #1668
Viriilink
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsilv
The last few playoffs pop has flat out been out coached....
Can you specify which series you think he got outcoached?

Last year, I don't think he got outcoached. I felt Westbrook trusting his teammates more when they weren't producing initially was huge. Even Westbrook said that he needed to trust his teammates more after Game 3 loss. They made some huge baskets down the line in games. Also, some said Spurs can't beat OKC with Ibaka, but OKC would've won last year without him. OKC's role players outplayed the Spur's. Hell, the two games OKC won in 2014 WCF was more because Jeremy Lamb and Reggie Jackson played well than Ibaka playing. Two, Adams and Kanter dominated Boris Diaw and David West. I give some blame to Pop for not playing Aldridge and Duncan together more to prevent this. Third, Leonard was not reliable enough on offense last year and previous season. You could tell how well Leonard would be offensively by the first half. If he had a good first half, you can continue to trust him. If he had a bad first half offensively (excluding passivity), you couldn't trust him because he wasn't able to turn it on later.
Viriilink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #1669
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

THE CURSE OF VASSILIS SPANOULIS LIVES ON

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=394638
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 04:16 PM   #1670
rmt
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Easy to be outcoached when you don't have the talent/horses to run with the opponent. Pop has always had the luxury of having a seriously well stacked/put together roster. He had the greatest power forward ever. He had a great 6th man. He has a rally good point guard. He has always had extremely talented defenders/role players a la Bowen/Horry.....

The last couple of years (don't care about regular season record) has shown the Spurs do not have the talent like they used to have.

Well, Duncan retiring and getting rid of Diaw didn't help. That's a whole lot of bbiq lost there - not saying that Pau and Lee don't have bbiq too but "corporate knowledge" as Pop says. I did not agree with getting rid of Diaw - sure he wasn't performing during the regular season but Pop should just treat him like he did Horry - play sparingly during the RS and lean heavy during the playoff - especially a multi-purpose player like Diaw who is key vs GSW and Draymond. They will sorely miss him this next round.

There was no replacing Duncan, Manu and Parker getting old. Even Kawhi is only 1 person and no matter how good he gets, the talent is limited - that's 1 vs 3. Spurs certainly are not going to find rough gemstones like Parker and Manu late in the draft - even Kawhi was a stretch find at 15.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: