Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2018, 03:07 PM   #1921
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,037
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K

What will your narrative become if we were to enter another recession in say 2019? Who will be your scapegoat then? You do realize that if you are crediting Trump for the positive strides in the market, you also have to credit him for negative strides? I just want to be 100% clear.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:04 PM   #1922
falc39
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,930
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
My point is, there was probably millions of Bill Russell's saying this same thing for the past 100 years and yet...

Here we are.

I'm just curious as to why THIS time, it's going to be different.

He just wrote a whole post why it is different.

Quote:
You do understand that this recent surge in the market is because of the tax cuts, correct?

Just want to make sure we are clear on that.

So whether you like the guy or not, declaring that the largest corporate tax cuts in history is 'nothing' is being disingenuous.

The rest of your post, I can agree with for the most part...

Yet you agree with his post for the most part?

Are you trying to play both sides or did it all just go over your head?

Do you not see your contradiction?
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:12 PM   #1923
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,444
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
He just wrote a whole post why it is different.

Correct. Which is what I asked for...

I was responding to you, not to him, which is why I quoted you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
Yet you agree with his post for the most part?

Are you trying to play both sides or did it all just go over your head?

Do you not see your contradiction?

Sure, I agree with a lot of what he said. I agree there was a ton of psychological pumping when Trump was elected. I agree we are printing money left and right, which will ultimately lead to inflation. I agree that our deficit is out of control, and I agree Bitcoin (or some variation) will change the world.

I disagree that Trump has done nothing to benefit the economy.

Which is also, exactly what I said.

I feel like you're looking for some underlying meaning in my post, when there was none.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:12 PM   #1924
Bill Russell
Good college starter
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 3,019
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlight
I've been talking shit in this thread since the second page.

My entire ISH existence is to talk shit about OP because I have nothing to contribute and I can't believe that someone could possibly forecast anything related to money! Impossible! Idiot!

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpos...0&postcount=21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlight
If anyone is thinking about following the OP's advice. Don't. Anyone who is a bitcoin skeptic or advocate that proclaims to know how this innovation will affect the future is clearly foolish and in over their head.

Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #1925
Bill Russell
Good college starter
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 3,019
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Do you follow the market at all?



Even CNN admitted it. Does CNN work? Or would you like another?

As I said, everything he's done has been psychological. You didn't rebut that, because you can't, because that's all he's done.

Those tax cuts have further ****ed up the budget.
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #1926
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,444
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
What will your narrative become if we were to enter another recession in say 2019? Who will be your scapegoat then? You do realize that if you are crediting Trump for the positive strides in the market, you also have to credit him for negative strides? I just want to be 100% clear.

Oh absolutely. I like Trump, but I am not a fan.

I can look at the markets right now and, honestly, say that the markets being at their level right now is because of 1) confidence in our economy and 2) the tax cuts.

Of course, that's not to say that the companies that move the market aren't doing great, because they are, but at the rate that their stock has risen, that's more about confidence. But allowing companies to keep billions in tax cuts also boosted their stock prices. More money kept within the company would obviously do that.

On the flip side, if Trump starts a trade war and the world economy tanks, I'll be the first in line to blame Trump.

But I don't think that is going to happen. The fact is, we run a deficit to pretty much everyone, so we have nothing to lose. I highly, HIGHLY, doubt the EU is going to start a trade war with us because we're the biggest consumer market the world has ever seen.

If they're willing to cut their nose off to spite their face, more power to them, but in the end, it will cost them far more than it costs us.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:17 PM   #1927
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,444
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell
As I said, everything he's done has been psychological. You didn't rebut that, because you can't, because that's all he's done.

Those tax cuts have further ****ed up the budget.

Well, actually, I did.

I pointed out the market is at the levels it is because more companies are keeping more of their money. I also provided a half dozen links to back up my claim, as requested.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #1928
falc39
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,930
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Correct. Which is what I asked for...

I was responding to you, not to him, which is why I quoted you.


Sure, I agree with a lot of what he said. I agree there was a ton of psychological pumping when Trump was elected. I agree we are printing money left and right, which will ultimately lead to inflation. I agree that our deficit is out of control, and I agree Bitcoin (or some variation) will change the world.

I disagree that Trump has done nothing to benefit the economy.

Which is also, exactly what I said.

I feel like you're looking for some underlying meaning in my post, when there was none.

Nope, you are changing it because you said more than that. Did you forget that you said he doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to the economy taking a massive shit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
(((Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
how do you know.)))

He doesn't.

He just keeps predicting it until it happens, then he can say I told you so.


I've been investing in the market and really keeping track of it for probably two months now and I keep reading the same thing from 'experts' (the same experts who predicted Trump would tank the market, no doubt), yet, every day the market continues to climb.

So do you concede that accusation now since you said you agree with most of his post? And if you agree with most of his post, you have to also agree that the economy is going to take a massive shit, correct? If you said no to either of those, your stance is in contradiction.

But wait, you also posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Oh absolutely. I like Trump, but I am not a fan.

I can look at the markets right now and, honestly, say that the markets being at their level right now is because of 1) confidence in our economy and 2) the tax cuts.

Of course, that's not to say that the companies that move the market aren't doing great, because they are, but at the rate that their stock has risen, that's more about confidence. But allowing companies to keep billions in tax cuts also boosted their stock prices. More money kept within the company would obviously do that.

On the flip side, if Trump starts a trade war and the world economy tanks, I'll be the first in line to blame Trump.

But I don't think that is going to happen. The fact is, we run a deficit to pretty much everyone, so we have nothing to lose. I highly, HIGHLY, doubt the EU is going to start a trade war with us because we're the biggest consumer market the world has ever seen.

If they're willing to cut their nose off to spite their face, more power to them, but in the end, it will cost them far more than it costs us.

So now your reply to bladefd is in complete contradiction to everything that Bill Russell said (you know, what you claimed to "agree with for the most part"). Which is it? Is the economy going to take a massive shit or "I don't think it's going to happen" we have nothing to lose and be better off than everyone else? Can you not see your own contradictions and inconsistencies?

LOL, and not a fan of Trump? You are like in the category of the top 5% of people on this forum for Trump cheer leading. If you are not a fan, then who is?

You are playing both sides. That way, when things go well with Trump, you can run around doing victory laps saying you were right; but when shit hits the fan and crashes, your other stance will make it look like you saw it coming all along. You aren't fooling anyone here

Last edited by falc39 : 03-07-2018 at 09:09 PM.
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:15 PM   #1929
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 17,623
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Just realized I'm still up about 3 or 4 grand even at current prices. I only wish I had more money to spend on Cardano right now. Seeing at a quarter. What a steal.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #1930
falc39
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,930
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Just realized I'm still up about 3 or 4 grand even at current prices. I only wish I had more money to spend on Cardano right now. Seeing at a quarter. What a steal.

I'm actually shocked at Cardano's drop. Not going to sell any of mine, but I'm curious as to why it has fallen relative to other cryptos.
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:05 PM   #1931
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 17,623
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
I'm actually shocked at Cardano's drop. Not going to sell any of mine, but I'm curious as to why it has fallen relative to other cryptos.


It was overvalued even at 50 cents. I bought at 5 cents. Most people would have been happy for it to hit 20 cents within a year. It got to above $1.30.

Cardano is still a way away from being great. You can't even stake your coins yet. Cardano is down because the market is only about half of what is was at it's all time high. Also I heard something about a hack on Binance. Any time there are hacks you get panic selling.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:32 PM   #1932
falc39
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,930
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
It was overvalued even at 50 cents. I bought at 5 cents. Most people would have been happy for it to hit 20 cents within a year. It got to above $1.30.

Cardano is still a way away from being great. You can't even stake your coins yet. Cardano is down because the market is only about half of what is was at it's all time high. Also I heard something about a hack on Binance. Any time there are hacks you get panic selling.

Oh shit. I have quite a few coins on binance and I know a lot of people here use Binance.

I ordered a Ledger very recently and waiting to receive it.

Right now about 40% of my holdings are in paper and desktop wallets, 10% in coinbase, and 50% in binance.

After I get my ledger, I'm hoping to get at least 80%+ of my holdings onto it.
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:11 AM   #1933
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,444
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
Nope, you are changing it because you said more than that. Did you forget that you said he doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to the economy taking a massive shit?

I said he doesn't know it's going to be bad, because he doesn't, because people have been predicting it to get bad since Trump was elected. Actually, even before Trump was elected, all I heard was 'RECESSION!!!!'. So far? Have you seen a recession? Have your investments made money? Mine have.

But if you say 'I don't know, soon' long enough, then eventually you'll be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
So do you concede that accusation now since you said you agree with most of his post? And if you agree with most of his post, you have to also agree that the economy is going to take a massive shit, correct? If you said no to either of those, your stance is in contradiction.

I did agree with most of his post.... but just because we can all agree it isn't sustainable to continually print money, that doesn't mean anything is going to be 'bad' sooner or later.

Not everything is a depression. Our economy doesn't have to tank for the problem to be rectified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
So now your reply to bladefd is in complete contradiction to everything that Bill Russell said (you know, what you claimed to "agree with for the most part"). Which is it? Is the economy going to take a massive shit or "I don't think it's going to happen" we have nothing to lose and be better off than everyone else? Can you not see your own contradictions and inconsistencies?

I don't think it's going to happen, but the economy could take a massive shit.

Just like I don't think the rapture is near, but it could happen. You're talking in absolutes, where anything is possible. All I asked for was his opinion on why this time it was different; he gave it to me, which I agreed with his train of thought for the most part, because I agree that its plausible what he says will come true. That was the end of our discussion, and then you chimed in for whatever reason and here we are...

I don't think it will happen, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
LOL, and not a fan of Trump? You are like in the category of the top 5% of people on this forum for Trump cheer leading. If you are not a fan, then who is?

You are playing both sides. That way, when things go well with Trump, you can run around doing victory laps saying you were right; but when shit hits the fan and crashes, your other stance will make it look like you saw it coming all along. You aren't fooling anyone here

I think Trump is great for the economy. That has been shown thus far. Could that change? Of course it could. Will it? That's debatable.

I also have investments in the market, and every time Trump opens his mouth, he causes my investments to tank.

So no, not really a fan. I am a fan as long as he is making me money, which was really mine (and most of America's) #1 priority when it came time to elect someone.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #1934
HenryGarfunkle
Henry The Great
 
HenryGarfunkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,250
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

GVT is better than any coin anybody has ever shilled in this thread

Just stays in the green. I'll have made millions by the end of the year
HenryGarfunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 02:12 AM   #1935
Cleverness
GSW Fan Since the 90s
 
Cleverness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Bitcoin @ $1500

At this rate, maybe we'll see Bitcoin @ $1500 again this year.

Who has sold? This market is tanking hard (especially the alts, some of which are down 90% from ATHs)
Cleverness is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy